the Rift

Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman]

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
There's something I'm not revealing...

Pain and bitterness. He could relate well to the feelings, though it was normally hidden behind his mask of charm and boldness. Sometimes he wondered which was the real Sandman. Was he the dark twisted beast that found himself experiencing a dull apathy toward the world, or the strutting golden stallion that smiled and manipulated and used kind words and flashy gestures to lure in the unsuspecting? Did it even truly matter? Perhaps he was both, the haunted steed and the silver-tongued liar making up a duel personality with neither having more claim than the other. The ocean seemed to have brought on this dreary mood, yet the questions had been brewing for a long time now, waiting for the right time to pull him into philosophical pondering.

He wasn’t sure how he felt about Rowan being there to witness his thoughts. She was both soothing and an irritant, bringing peace and pain at the same time. It would be easy to race away, to find a new place to think in private, yet he remained still. I must be a masochist. A self-mocking sneer slid across his features before disappearing as quickly as it had come. Since when had he questioned his own actions? Life was life, it would give and take, and he had always known he must be strong to survive, to take from life in return every time it dared to steal something away.

He turned back to the dove, pulling the tattered remains of his disguise back into place. “I apologize for that, lady. You remind me of someone, and I allowed memories and thoughts to consume me. Forgive me.” You are like her, a curse and a blessing. Damn you. Don’t hate me.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM