the Rift

I dream you're still here [Jen]

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

If she had to describe the Haruspex of the Aurora Basin in one word, her current term would be "forthright". He was honest, open and not in the least bit withholding. Though his plainly spoken thoughts of Rikyn had made her mind uneasy, she was glad he said something - glad that she knew. Knowledge was power too, even though she prescribed more often to the power in violence. Thus, when she saw his compact frame and minx-like tail come into view, she let the tension in her shoulders melt. Friends? Maybe not, but he wasn't an enemy by a long shot and that was saying something.

She turned to face him, the little griffin still tucked beneath her hair, expression content but not overly excited or friendly. Such was her way. Aithniel was not a creature of overt affection as she had never truly learned what that meant. Instead, she stayed beneath the veil of her own shadows, watching from the comfort of her own company and that was perfectly fine. In a way, she was a rare breed. She didn't need others or companionship, not like most.

Breath puffed from her nostrils in silky clouds, and she nodded once, observing the way he seemed to herd the two deer-like creatures at his sides. Almost as if he read her mind, he called for a spar, and she nodded, raising a single brow at the statement, which followed. There were other things to do to keep warm in the winter besides violence, but she held her tongue. Aithniel was not here to keep warm, but to study and practice. "Seems reasonable," was her cryptic reply, but she smirked nonetheless.

"One moment." Aithniel urged Zera to climb from her neck into the boughs of the trees above. The little white lion griffin tumbled in fluff and feathers onto the branch, keen little golden eyes observing without judgment or concern. He offered a gentle trill of affection before yawning and snuggling up into his own tail. “Stay put. Watch. And learn." Her orders were simple and undemanding.

Aithniel backed away from the tree and regarded him once more, silver eyes sweeping over his lanky and unbalanced looking body. She was a bit more compact than he was, but overall, they seemed similarly matched. Her main concern was that she would not only be fighting him, but also two deer. The mare frowned a bit, trying to think of a useable strategy before settling on the tried and true method of “winging it”. The irony of that phrase did not escape her.

“Let’s go.” The sun child did not hesitate to pounce into flight, wings spreading wide as she leaped into the air. Aithniel did not want to get crowded by the unicorn and his friends, so she circled just above their battleground, clicking her flinty hooves together to summon a spark. The little ember flourished in the presence of her powers, growing to a massive ball. She sent it flying down, her intent to separate Ashamin from his companions so she would only have to focus on one at a time.

Almost immediately after, she landed and focused on her main target, ducking her head as she moved to get into his proximity. Once she believed she was close enough, she yanked her head upward, hoping to clip his jaws with the brunt of her curved, bony horns.

-------
(1/3) (567 words in word)
- throws a fire ball to separate Ashamin from his companions
- lands and tries to clip his jaw with her horns

@Ashamin

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
I dream you're still here [Jen] - by Aithniel - 02-01-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: I dream you're still here [Jen] - by Ashamin - 02-05-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: I dream you're still here [Jen] - by Aithniel - 02-10-2016, 04:07 PM