the Rift

[OPEN] Winter is Coming

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer
EZITAL

The sun was suspended over the falls at the highest point it would reach today, soaking the world in light, but failing to provide much warmth. Tiny crystals of frost still clung to the grass in the deepest shadows of the forest and the cascades of water were bitterly cold. The Hidden Falls were on the very cusp of Frostfall, though Orangemoon wasn't leaving without a fight.

Ezital paced along the edge of a shallow pool, where the mud came up to his fetlocks in some places. He barely noticed. The cold snap had filled him to the brim with restless energy, demanding to be expelled. There was no reason for him to be anxious over the looming frostfall, it wouldn't be like it had in previous years. The herd here seemed rather tolerant of his loner tendencies and lack of proper social skills. Vitani even seemed to like him. He was certain they wouldn’t let him starve or shiver.

Perhaps he should seek out some better shelter, something more permanent than sleeping under the stars in the woods each night. Many of the horses here seemed to favor living in a cave, as distasteful as that seemed to Ezital. But at least it would be warmer than lying in the snow.

He turned on his heel and headed towards a cliff he knew to be riddled with shallow caves. The first he checked reeked of animal, probably an opossum family or something even more unsavory. The second had a floor that was far too rough and pocked, while the third was entirely too small.

Sighing, he flicked his tail and resigned himself to an afternoon of looking at caves. This was going to be much, much more work than he'd thought.

talk

@Agnodice
@Vitani (if you'd like to jump in feel free)
open to anyone!

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

After my adventure to the Threshold and on to the Edge, I reluctantly returned home to the Falls. Something just did not feel right since my trip. The urge to leave the Falls and never look back was stronger more now than ever. But at the same time I just couldn't seem to make the choice to leave. I may not have a bunch of friends here, but I have lived here my entire life. This is home. It always has been. Sarabi sighs softly, feeling my inner turmoil. Should I stay or should I go? We move together, heading to get a drink of water before going almost back into hiding. Well not really hiding, but I sure as hell don't want to run into miss pain in my ass champion or any of the others for that matter. After getting a drink I headed for our cave. I had found one of the more roomy caves to call home, thanks to my dam back when she was the Earth Medic. She had known this place better than I do now. I would of settled of just staying in the cave for the rest of the day to avoid anyone I didn't want to see...

That is, until I had barely stuck my head outside of the cave when I saw him. Ezital! My voice clearly echoing my surprise to find him just outside my hide way. What brings you up here to the caves? I question softly. I glance back inside the cave for a moment, feeling slightly guilty that here I was in this decently sized cave that could easily hold two maybe three while others may or may not have a warm place to sleep.... I go hunt. Sarabi says suddenly before moving out the cave. I never will understand why she seems to avoid being close when my emotions run haywire.

My attention returns to Ezital quickly, waiting for him to answer. Man oh man do I feel horrible for not offering to share this cave sooner. That is, if he would even want to spend his nights anywhere near me.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Ezital - sorry for the late reply

EZITAL

Hours of dismissing prospective shelters eventually wore down his resolve and mood. He found himself cursing the coming snow and kicking every loose rock that dared get in his way. Of course all the good caves were already occupied, as well as half of the decent ones. He didn't want to settle, he wasn't sure if he could afford to, as far as this was concerned. He was naturally rather thin skinned and slender.

Ezital's head snapped up at the familiar voice calling his name. Vitani's head was poking out from one of the caves further down.

"Filly!" he called, giving a little half rear in greeting. He'd been spending a lot of time around the threshold lately; it was nice to see a familiar face. Sure, he enjoyed wandering over there from time to time, but the falls had a hold on him now. It was home.

The path was a bit rough and more suited to a goat than a horse, so he carefully picked his way toward her. He was painfully conscious of how far he'd climbed to get this far.

Once she was within reach he immediately reached over to ruffle her forelock with his muzzle, should she allow the contact. It wouldn't be too much longer before he couldn't reach. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages! What's going on with you? Where's your little ankle-biter?" He glanced around but Sarabi was nowhere to be seen. He couldn't remember a time he'd seen them apart.

"Is this place yours?" He nodded approvingly and looked around some more. Warm, dry, and clean. What more could you want from a cave? "Very nice. Anyway, I'm trying to find somewhere to hide from the elements for the cold months. Cave hunting is about as much fun as it sounds, though. You got any tips for me?"

@Vitani no worries! <3
talk

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

What's this?

The thought is a purr in her mind, sending a smile to ebony lips and a mischievous gleam to her turquoise eyes. Caves, many caves, littering one of the cliffs in her dearest home. She was truthfully tired of the weather, of slushy ground and frosted verdant. It did not fair well on her mane, tail, and hooves. It caked her hooves in mud and tangled her tail. the flowers that blossomed within the locks made the task of cleaning them no easier.

The caves excited her, the prospect of clean, dry shelter sounding rather magnificent. She found it pathetic, how she was excited about living in a cave when she used to live in a castle. But she was happier to live in a cave than under a bush. She simply hadn't spent enough time in the Falls to see her living situation as important.

She trotted lightly through the Falls, up the cliff, meandering around the caves, peering inside them, hoping to find one that suited her. But as she came upon a rather lackluster looking cave, she glimpsed a tawny hide, and alabaster antlers. Her smile widened, recognizing one, pleased to meet the other.

Agnodice paused at the cave's entrance, head tilted as her eyes flicked from one horse to the other. She flicked her tail, sending a plume of flowers around her hocks, dislodged from their hold in her hair. She considered going in, but figured that would be rude since she did not know either well. In fact, she didn't even know their names. She kept her demeanor neutral, perhaps even a bit pleasant considering her usual spiteful manner. "Hello," She murmured, pausing momentarily.

Was she interrupting something?

SCREAMS so sorry, I didn't see this ;~; @Vitani
Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

V
I
T
A
N
I

"Filly!" I think he will be the only one that calls me that and can get away with it. Although I am a little worried when he half rears. I don't want him to lose his balance and fall. That would be very um, well really horrible actually. The moment he was close enough, he reached out and ruffled my forelock with his muzzle. I think if I could blush my face would be a bright red. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages! What's going on with you? Where's your little ankle-biter? I had to grin when he called Sarabi an ankle-biter. Mentally Sarabi growled but I shoved that aside. She wasn't here thankfully to show that she was not pleased with the nickname and I wasn't about to tell him. It has been far to long. I've kinda of, kept to myself since my talk with Ktulu... As for Sarabi she's out hunting. Something both she and I prefer that she does alone.

Quickly however he changed subjects and I was glad for the change. After all, we both probably did not want to think about Sarabi hunting. I know I got a clear picture from time to time and even thinking of it made me sick. That why I go now. While you distracted. Thank you for that. I smile at my first as he speaks. "Is this place yours?" I nod. It is. My dam and I shared this place when she was here. She used to be the Earth Medic, before the new leaders took over... I quickly cut myself off from talking about my mom. I wasn't ready for that conversation either. What about you, mister warrior. What's going on with you? I looked him in the eyes as he spoke yet again. It surprised me how easy it was talk to him. "Very nice. Anyway, I'm trying to find somewhere to hide from the elements for the cold months. Cave hunting is about as much fun as it sounds, though. You got any tips for me?" I grinned.

Sarabi cut in almost at once. OH NO! I know what you're thinking and hell no! Don't ask him... I don't have any tips, but there is more than enough space to share in here.... That is, if you want... Okay, maybe it wasn't a good idea to ask as my heart rate skyrocketed with nerves. Now I can only wait to see what he says. If it's a yes things could turn very interesting... A no, and it could get kind of awkward... I'm hoping for the interesting and not the awkward. No sooner than I got the words out of my mouth another mare arrives... Well this just got awkward....

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Ezital

EZITAL

Vitani's words gave him pause. He never did like the way Ktulu had spoken to her. That old bat seriously needed to get a life and lay off the little yearling. Didn't she have someone else to annoy?

He shrugged off the spark of anger with some difficulty. If he wasn't careful he would greet her the next time they met by telling her where she could shove it. He didn't have half the mass or skill needed to back up a statement like that, not to the champion of the herd. Ktulu would probably just murder him and hang his body over one of the waterfalls as a warning to other sassy colts.

Forcing himself to focus on the rest of her words, he said "Does she… eat meat?" He hadn't considered such a thing. But of course those fangs were for more than decoration. He didn't even try to repress the shudder that quivered his flanks. There was nothing appealing to him about sharing the mind with a creature that liked to eat flesh.

When Vitani mentioned her mother, most other equines would have picked up on the not-so-subtle hint that she didn't want to talk about it. But Ezital could never be called tactful. "Used to be? What does she do now?" He faintly remembered someone else receiving that title at the last herd meeting, so perhaps she had retired. "I don't remember my family," he told her. "I've been on my own since I was a weanling." He made sure to smile gently so she would know he wasn't sore about it. He'd come to terms with his orphan status a very long time ago.

He shrugged at her next question, tilting his head a bit to consider what had happened since they'd spoken last. "A little of this and that, I suppose. Wandering around the territory, meeting new friends. Nothing that exciting to report."

Her offer, when it came took him a bit off guard. He blinked at her and struggled to find some words. "I wouldn't want to impose…" he said. In truth, he wasn't sure if he would even like living in close quarters with anyone. He'd never shared space with another creature for any extended period of time before. His inner loner balked thoroughly at the idea.

But he liked Vitani and he could probably deal for the length of the season. He opened his mouth to say so, but they were interrupted by another presence.

"Oh, it's you." he said, feeling mildly annoyed at the intrusion. He recognized the mare from when she stole his sunning spot and had the balls to correct his manners. He'd show her manners. "What's your name again?"

@Vitani @Agnodice :P
talk
[Image: veerpixel2_by_abbie1234_d9s5c3u_by_veerd...9s893u.png]

Please tag Ezital in all replies.

Outcast

She tilted her head down, laxly batting pale lashes at the pair. They seemed perturbed. She had studied medicine, and she had studied the physicality that accompanied it, but the mentality of her patients was forever a precarious precipice. But she was always willing to dive into deeper waters to see what lay at sandy depths at any cost.

The intimacy of their interactions bothered her not, leaving the mare with only a whimsical fascination about their sentiments. "Agnodice," She offered with a subtle bite to her tender libretto. "And yours?"  The maiden snapped flippantly, simultaneously addressing both of those gathered, though any irritation in her tone was directed at the stallion.

Or shall she say boy?

He had stated, snorted, in a way once that upset her, though that seemed long ago to her. She now recalled little of the incident, only that she was not at fault, and that he was rude. But their lives were intertwined in this herd, and so she would stop any of his blood that fell protecting it. Therefore, she found continuing any real feud between them to be pointless, though that didn't mean she wouldn't nip back at his bites.

The man had not changed much, if at all, than since she had last laid eyes on him. But she now had flowers blossoming eternally between her onyx locks, and a tail that grew oddly, almost resembling a lion's, except hers was covered in hair. His was similar, she supposed, as she gazed at the intrinsic pair, weaving her tail around her hind hocks, mentally debating whether or not to take a step closer yet.

@Vitani interrupting aggy shamelessly interrupts x)

Image Credits

V
I
T
A
N
I

"Does she… eat meat?" I nodded slowly. It's for that reason that I don't go with her. She kind of, pulls away from our bond while she hunts. Mostly to spare me but also so she can focus. It was a fact of our life that I did not like, but she was a hellhound which meant she had to eat. Grasses and other green things as Sarabi calls them would just not do. She takes great care, not to hunt near the herd as well. She doesn't want to chance on running into anyone we might know... She's not exactly her friendly self when she hunts.. But then I decide it's time to change subjects. Sarabi's hunting habits are not my favorite topic. Well the fact she eats meat isn't either but it's the truth.

But at what our conversation shifted to, well I wanted to crawl away in a hole. "Used to be? What does she do now?" I looked away for a moment, the hint of tears welling up in the corners of my blue and green eyes. When Kaj, Archibald, Ktulu and the others invaded the Falls and took over she left. I assumed it was to find my father who had also left.... When I finally found her again it was to find her being murdered by some strange stallion. Her bonded, Keiran.. He was a cat of some sort tried to save her but it was just to late.... Once I felt I was in control of my emotions I looked back to him. He was speaking again, and I listened the best I could. "I don't remember my family," I looked at him in shock. "I've been on my own since I was a weanling." I found myself blurting out before I could stop myself.. I have a hard time trusting those who came in with the invaders, because to me, the invasion took away my family. I've been on my own since I was nine months old. So maybe I had been a little bit older than he was, but we had both been really young to not have anyone around.

I am thankful again as our conversation takes yet another path. "A little of this and that, I suppose. Wandering around the territory, meeting new friends. Nothing that exciting to report." I smile softly. Sounds about like me. As for my sudden offer of sharing a cave he responds hesitantly almost. "I wouldn't want to impose…" You wouldn't be.. But before I can go on another arrives.

I want to be grumpy that the first chance I had really had to speak with Ezital was being interrupted. I watched her curiously. "Oh, it's you." Oh great, they apparently have met. "What's your name again?" I hold back a smirk. Doesn't even know her name. That can be a good thing, well for me at least. She answers him finally. "Agnodice," What a strange name.... Then again my own is a bit different too. I decide to ignore the tone of her voice as I have done nothing to her that I am aware of. "And yours?" Ugh, manners. Not something i'm fond of with others. Not worry, hunt over. Almost home. I be with you. The voice in my mind was a welcome thing. My bonded, my soulmate was on her way home. You still smell of blood? No why? Need me too? No no, just get here. I take a step closer to Ezital. I'm called Vitani. And almost on cue as she attempted to brush past the stallion. And this is my bonded, Sarabi. The tan hellhound stopped just in front of my own hooves and looked to the strange mare. She could take it as she wanted, but to be honest I almost hope she takes it as not being welcome. After all, she's dangerously close to being inside my home. The place where I hide away and sleep. The fact is, I don't know her well enough to allow that and therefore she's not exactly welcome right now.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Ezital - And Vitani writes a book to respond to you two <3

EZITAL

It was a rare occasion that Ezital would find himself at a loss for words, but Vitani's recollection stirred something he didn't have a name for in his chest. Something laced with sympathy and sadness. "I'm sorry," he said softly, sincerely. There wasn't much else to say, so he let the subject fall to simpler things without any objection.

The grey mare really had no sense of timing.

Agnodice's tone made him turn fully to face her. Who the hell did she think she was? The young filly's suffering seemed to activate some long dormant protective instinct and gods help anyone that got in the way of it.

"Ezital," he tossed his forelock at her, pouring every ounce of sass from his arsenal into the word. The conversation had been relatively serious before the mare's appearance, so he had plenty to give. He advanced a step and drew himself to his full height to address her. "If your intentions are still to teach me your idea of manners, I assure you that it is a full time, endless, thankless job. Best to save yourself from the agony, tears, and inevitable failure now; this train wreck has already left the station."

He thought about adding some sound effects in the form of tooting a metaphorical horn, but that might take away some of the coolness from his words. He'd never actually tried to intimidate someone before, but he had a feeling that sound effects were a no-go. Instead, he cocked a hip and flicked his tail lazily.

"What are you doing out here anyway? Don't you already have the biggest cave picked out for yourself, being a healer of such importance?" Hah, see? He remembered something from their brief interactions. "Shouldn't you be waiting upon Kaj's every beck and call, tending to his every boo-boo?"

talk
@Vitani
@Agnodice
Sassypants is sassy. :P

Outcast

"Pretty," She whispered breathlessly, curvaceous ears pricked forward, oceanic gaze fixated on the girl and her hellhound. The glorified dog stepped forward valiantly, earning a nod from Agnodice. They were a pretty pair, she concluded. Pretty, strange names, and pretty, simple minds.

The doctor flicked her gaze from hellhound to girl, giving her a small smile. Though her pleasantry soon faded, interrupted by a particular brazen boy. She looked to him emotionlessly, raising her brow at the flip of his forelock. She instinctively leaned away from the stallion as he strode closer, trying not to look disgusted by his little paroxysm. She listened to his disquisition, though she was suppressing a yawn (because she knows her manners). The mare shook her head slowly, a small smile creeping back onto her dark lips. "Nay, boy, I will not be your babysitter. Your atrocious conduct is no matter of mine, I only ask you don't deliberately treat women like scum without reason,"  She stated, her words a bit solemn at this point. Had he learned nothing, nothing at all? She looked sorrowfully to Vitani, hoping he hadn't done the same to her.

Again, she was shaking her head. Wrong, wrong, wrong. "Do you think my job entails only lounging around the Falls waiting for people to get hurt? I don't spend much time here,"  She paused, thinking for a moment, tilting her head away from the boy. "I need to find someone to teach a few herbs to, actually,"  She muttered, furrowing her brow in thought. She glanced expectantly back to Ezital, waiting to see if he would continue on with his strange outburst or finally be quiet so she move on.

@Vitani

Image Credits

V
I
T
A
N
I

"I'm sorry," I had expected that. It's okay, I said simply and had been about to reach out when the other mare showed up. As I watched the exchange between the two, it was clear they had met before. They exchanged names, which I guess had either not happened or was not remembered from the first time. The way Ezital had stepped up toward me made my heart flutter slightly. "Pretty," Sarabi had caught the word with her keen hearing. Was she referring to me? To Ezital? But I didn't have long to dwell on that. "If your intentions are still to teach me your idea of manners, I assure you that it is a full time, endless, thankless job. Best to save yourself from the agony, tears, and inevitable failure now; this train wreck has already left the station." Train wreck? I didn't see my friend as a train wreck. If anything I was the train wreck. But I wasn't going to say that right now. Obviously things had not gone well last time. It didn't seem to be going well this time either. "Nay, boy, I will not be your babysitter. Your atrocious conduct is no matter of mine, I only ask you don't deliberately treat women like scum without reason," Her words made me pin my own ears back. Before I could stop myself I spoke too. The only one I see treating anyone like scum around here is you. Sarabi growled, feeling my emotions of protectiveness.

Ezital thankfully spoke again, I hope before the mare realized that I had even spoken. "What are you doing out here anyway? Don't you already have the biggest cave picked out for yourself, being a healer of such importance?" I snorted softly. His sass was rubbing off on me. It felt good to be sassy again. I had not allowed myself to be sassy since... Well since the takeover and the loss of my parents. Speaking of, I bet my mother had been a better healer than this one was. "Shouldn't you be waiting upon Kaj's every beck and call, tending to his every boo-boo?" My two toned eyes flashed to Ezital's for a second. Was he feeding off my own feelings for the Czars? I hope not. I have my reasons... Unless... Unless he cares about me enough... No. I won't think like that.

"Do you think my job entails only lounging around the Falls waiting for people to get hurt? I don't spend much time here," I wanted to roll my eyes. Maybe being the daughter of a former Earth Medic let me know a bit to much. That's useful. So not around at if anyone needs you. I muttered softly. The mare's next words sparked something inside me. "I need to find someone to teach a few herbs to, actually," I bet I have more knowledge about herbs than you do. Oh yes, I went there. I could feel Sarabi's annoyance at my sudden sass to someone who holds a rank. But I don't remember her being called an Earth Medic the last time we had all met. You better hope, she don't know more than Mom and Keiran did. Sarabi was right. I better hope that was the case. Or else I might be in trouble.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Ezital

EZITAL

Ezital was amused, pleased even, though he tried to keep it from his expression. He could only hope she didn't pick up on it. He no longer wished to intimidate her or even drive her off. The mare presented a worthy adversary, at least in the verbal sense. He was weary of spending time with the warriors that outclassed him physically at every turn. Few of them would go toe to toe with him without using their superior strength once he really got going.

Vitani's comment only served to further his enjoyment; it was about damn time the filly showed a little fire. At her age he'd been full of nothing but piss and vinegar. He felt a flicker of pride for her, and paused give her an approving glance. All the same, he tried to be discreet about stepping between the two mares. There was no need for Vitani to be in the way if this turned into something ugly. He wanted the grey's attention focused solely on him if she wished to take an issue.

"I assure you that sexism has nothing to do with it, I simply find the arrangement of your features displeasing. Does it not tire you to be so effortlessly perfect all the time? I can only imagine why our illustrious herd leader tolerates you, but one cannot account for taste."

There was no masking the smile that crossed his face then. He was really quite pleased with that one, not bad for on the fly, eh? The words hung in the air like the bait he intended them to be. Eyes right here, no need to pay attention to the other horse.

But of course the filly had her own comments, which he felt conflicted about encouraging any further. It wouldn't do anyone any good if she got ballsy enough to challenge someone while she didn't have back up. He wasn't sure he trusted her discretion and maturity level enough to use good judgment.

He tried to redirect the conversation once more to himself. He didn't bother to filter any longer, merely blurted out the first words that popped into his head. 

"Gods help whoever is saddled with you as a teacher. My condolences to the poor bastard."

talk
@Vitani
@Agnodice
Ezzi would like to offer Aggy some cream for that burn!

Outcast

Her gaze flicked to the filly, raising her brow in surprise. 'This isn't your dispute,' Agnodice thought, her look growing increasingly sympathetic the longer she looked to her. "I'm never far, and always listening," She stated simply, curvaceous ears pricked forward, straining to hear the girl's mumblings. The mare's features turned quizzical, questioning. 'You know more than I?' It almost sounded like a challenge, one in any other situation she would have acted upon, but the statement was utterly irrelevant here.

"I suppose that's nice?" Agnodice replied, her voice questioning, her brow furrowed. She flicked her attention back to the stallion, mentally groaning (again). Why must he consistently fail to understand? Her brow furrowed again, this time to pick apart his comment, throwing away the insults and irrelevant libels. She found herself, then, with a skeletal basis for which his argument was perched upon so precariously.

"As you said, it's effortless, and therefore, not tiring," Agnodice began, first with the paradox of that inquiry (one she found rather superfluous, but needed addressing). It unsettled her, as if someone had taken her heart and tried to stab it, but the weapon might as well have been a butterknife. "Oh, but I am not perfect, no beast on earth is. At the very least, you said it yourself. The arrangement of my features, though a subjective matter, is not perfect. I cannot control it, either. Maybe you should try seeing past exteriors, if you are capable? Alas, none of this edifies your repeatedly discourteous conduct," Her voice began to trail off at the last few lyrics, disheartened by her own realization. "At some point, you have to stop being angry," She stated sullenly, her gaze flicking to the outside, off the stallion. She didn't give up, she never gave up on her projects, but she knew when to pick her battles.

He spat another irrelevant song, another swing from a dulled butterknife. "Gods help us all," She sighed back, thoroughly bored of him now, her hooves beginning to take steps away from the cretinous pair, to leave them, hopefully, with thoughts on vindication and the petals and flowers which had fallen from her hair.

aggy goes lmao what then leaves (unless someone stops her?)
@Vitani

Image Credits

V
I
T
A
N
I

"I assure you that sexism has nothing to do with it, I simply find the arrangement of your features displeasing. Does it not tire you to be so effortlessly perfect all the time? I can only imagine why our illustrious herd leader tolerates you, but one cannot account for taste." I snicker softly as his words hang on the air. The pair banters back and forth a bit more, but I kind check out of the conversation. After all, not really my fight to pick. But at least I showed Ezital that I can be sassy still too. Sarabi keeps listening close in case I need to speak. But my mind wanders.

It wanders back to those long days of my Mother cleaning and digging to try and make an herb garden. A project that had never been finished and had all but grown back over the last time we had been down that way. Those days had been spent learning from her, eager to follow in her and my Father's hoofsteps. I had wanted to be both a healer and a warrior back then. Now, well I don't know where I belong. I have neither parent to guide me, not that at my age I really need them to... But it would of been nice.

But then, as suddenly as she had come it seemed the unwelcome guest was leaving. Sarabi mentally told me what she had last said. "Gods help us all," I scoffed softly. What gods? They only use us as pawns and toss us away I allowed the bitterness to flow freely in my voice. I care not if she turns around an comes back. Honestly I hope she does not. My gaze flashes to Ezital, before looking out over the edge of the path. There was a reason I tended to keep to myself and stay up in this cave. So that no one would be allowed to hurt me again.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Ezital