the Rift

[OPEN] & the direwolves gather 'round the fire

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

SMOKE wafts into a cave directly opposite the happenings near the pastor's cave. A nostril belonging to the body of the mare curled up in this cave twitches faintly, aroused by the pungent smell. Its not nearly so pleasant as the vague sugary smell constantly floating around her and thus the wayward nostril alerts her brain to rouse from its slumber. Eldala pries her eyes open, with great effort, to the dim outline of her cave's opening. /Wait, thats not right, there shouldn't be any light at all.../

Curious, the small mare scrambles up and moves towards her chamber's opening. It had been a long time since she'd seen a fire but that was certainly what her eyes were seeing: a massive fucking tree on fire. /What in the actual fuck is this?/  She had to hand it to Helovia and the Basin, really, because it was never boring here for long. With a shake of her mane and a yawn she's picking her way sleepily down towards the lake. There seem to already be horses there and, as they're acting unconcerned, she decides that a quick drink from the lake wouldn't do any harm. The chilly sweet liquid rolls down her parched throat while she wonders who might be there. Surely Ashamin would be up for this?

Instead, she finds the forms of her friend Tangere and a scraggly old man beginning to take shape. Well, Eldala thought of her as a friend at least. The tree was still burning magnificently, unconcerned by the small group that had gathered to witness its swan song. The event seemed so sad for a thing which, judging from its height, must be so very old. It must have survived war after war, fire after fire, and year after year....only to die silently in the night with naught but three odd creatures to honor its passing. Her head bobs slightly to the thing, a thank you for the warmth, just before she goes to greet the two living horses.

"Hello Tangere! Its been a while since I saw you last. How have you been?" Following the what she expected to be their brief greeting Eldala turned to the old man. "I think we met at the birth of Rexanna's foal. I'm Eldala. Is there anything you need?" Her eyes are concerned and honest. He was in their herd after all.

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Messages In This Thread
RE: & the direwolves gather 'round the fire - by Eldala - 04-09-2016, 12:31 AM