the Rift

begin again

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
Freyja listened carefully to the girl's words, her expression shifting to one of surprise as she spoke. "So, you're saying I could become like you, then?" She asked, her interest suddenly piqued. As a filly, she had always dreamt of flying amongst the clouds - what foal hadn't? To do the impossible, to soar like a bird among the highest reaches of heaven, it was a frequent daydream of hers. Although the possibility of this dream coming true excited her, it also frightened her. So many things could go wrong. "Can you really fly? Or are they just for decoration?" She wanted to reach out and touch them, but that would certainly be rude to do without permission. For now, she just admired them from her little spot.

"The threshold is a difficult place to travel through the first time. Its walls don't let those through until they've decided where their destination is. Depending on where you want to go, I can certainly help you! There are four places to live in here." Myrrine said, and Freyja was a bit taken aback. Invisible walls? How was that even possible? She had never encountered that kind of... what was the proper word for it? Magic? Witchcraft? Perhaps it was just some natural force. "How does that work? How does it know when I've made up my mind? What if I don't want to live anywhere yet?" There were so many questions tumbling around inside her head, it was hard not to blurt them all out at once. She didn't want to overwhelm poor Myrrine.

Freyja was about to open her mouth and ask for more information when the sound of someone lumbering towards them caught her attention. Almost instinctively, she stepped towards Myrrine, swinging her head in the direction from which the sound originated. A few moments passed before a large, black stallion appeared through the mess of trees and underbrush, towering over the both of them with such superiority, Freyja almost felt as if she should bow to him. He introduced himself, his tone as commanding as his presence. He certainly was fit for the role of a king, she thought.

"Yes, a pleasure indeed, sir. My name is Freyja. Thank you for your kind offer. Perhaps I will take you up on it." Her gaze shifted to the large canine by his side, and she suddenly felt on edge. Wolves were common back home, and were known for being highly dangerous. This one looked nothing like a normal wolf, but the similarities were there, and she knew a predator when she saw one. "What is that?" she inquired, motioning with her nose towards the dog. She didn't mean to sound rude; it was an honest question.

i lie around and wait for a heart i used to know

@Archibald

Messages In This Thread
begin again - by Freyja - 02-04-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: begin again - by Myrrine - 02-04-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: begin again - by Freyja - 02-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: begin again - by Archibald - 02-04-2016, 06:17 PM
RE: begin again - by Myrrine - 02-04-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: begin again - by Freyja - 02-04-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: begin again - by Archibald - 02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: begin again - by Myrrine - 02-07-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: begin again - by Freyja - 02-07-2016, 08:59 PM