the Rift

Right infront of me

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

The Threshold was normally a place I avoided, and it would continue to be a place that I would avoid for the rest of my life. But today, today I would drag myself blindly into the thick trunks for one reason alone. Ink stained ears flicked easily to and fro on top of my ivory crowned skull, listening carefully for the sound of the red kite's wings smacking the air overhead. How he still managed to fly when it was cold enough for small crystals of ice to form on my eyelashes was beyond me. But here we were, headed back to the North once more, alas, we were still not headed home.

Moon eyes shifted uselessly in the bright sunlight as ink stained limbs moved my lanky frame into the thick trunks. Edison would send direction signals over our mental connection, smooth enough that if a stranger were to be watching us they would think I was just unfortunate enough to have been born with silver eyes rather than a color that would assist in stealthiness like...a simple brown. Little did they know that the moon eyes were about as worthless as the dew claws on a fresh mutt, unless the sun had set and the moon herself had decided to grace us with her soft glow. "Why here." The perpetually cranky bird's voice crept through our bond as I drew deeper into the Threshold, he was just as uncomfortable around all of these trees as I was, for a different reason though. He enjoyed the wide open sky, and I just enjoyed not having to come into contact with strangers.

Just as I was gathering my thoughts in order to reply to the grumpy bird that was now nestled up on my withers, the strong scent of medical herbs smacked me in the face. My ivory topped skull jerked upwards as I moved in the direction of the scent, hopes growing closer and closer to the sky as I hoped that my father would be the one in the clearing. Focused hard on making some kind of new concoction that would lead the Basin in a glorious biological warfare. Ink dipped ears flicked forward excitedly as the kite tried to quell my hopes so they wouldn't be crushed.

I broke through the clearing easily as a gentle coo comes from the normally piss-head of an avian. Using his dark eyes I searched the clearing for the familiar white marked blood bay, only to settle instead on a sky rat who was practicing her minimal healing skills on one of my own kind who smelled of places other than Helovia. Emotions tore through my frame as I realized just why I had came to the Threshold, all in hopes that either my sire or my brother would still be lingering around. Shaking my skull slightly I lowered my crown in greeting before allowing gruff vocals to fill the frozen air. "Sorry for the intrusion. I thought you were someone else." I muttered before preparing myself to turn awkwardly away from the mismatched couple until Edison screeched in my skull to stay and take this brother home instead of letting him go to whatever hell the spotted rat came from. So, I stayed. "Welcome to Helovia, I am Roux formerly of the Basin. On the trip to return there if you are looking for asylum."

"You can hear me"
"Edison can hear me"
"Edison speaks to me."

CAN I KILL IT WITH YOU?
till the veins run red and blue
TheIceViking
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla