the Rift

[PRIVATE] I am the lie that you adore

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
The Painted Buck

With his gaze locked on Hotaru's hocks, he saw every delicate shift of her hooves. He saw her shy maneuvers and they drew his eyes up. Black pits, painted with an indelicate sheen, looked over her with something Ashamin didn't recognize. Was it anger? Was it sorrow? Was it need?

Even though the haruspex wasn't surprised that Hotaru resisted him, he felt his heart skitter with impatience regardless. His head shook, quicker than hers, and he stepped closer to her insistently. "No, Hotaru," he said, denying his own lack of knowledge, "you don't know what I'm saying. Which is why I need you to listen."

The painted buck moved closer to his lady. On the outskirts his companions stilled, ceasing their circle and leaving delicate tracks in the frost.

"Hotaru. I told you about the bird, didn't I?" He asked the question needlessly, and snorted as soon as he finished. "No, why ask? I know I did. I've never told anyone about it but you," he said with an ache in his heart, a dull fire in his chest that burned so much it threatened to extend outwards, to light up, to glow.

Threatened so much that within moments it did.

"That story belonged to my father. I cannot tell you if it is true, but..." again Ashamin found his throat catching, just as it had when he had first told Hotaru the tale "...I choose to believe it. I really do. And maybe that makes me a fool, or a romantic, or--"

The haruspex stopped, finding himself unable to speak. His chest began to glow softly, but not with enough strength for him to see. He took another step, he extended his neck. Ashamin felt his eyes roll as he reached for the comfort of Hotaru--the comfort of his great goddess the bird.

"I want to be the mountain that cradles you. And I know it's not my place, that you're a queen and I'm only a stargazer, but the mountains rose to greet the first snowfall, and..." Words, for the first time in so long, failed him completely. How could he explain to her how deeply he felt? Ashamin's chest burned and glowed--his magic crackled, showing electric veins in his heart where a manifestation threatened to appear.

Show, Lochan said softly in their bond. Ashamin looked down to see the glowing of his chest, to hear the electric sparking of his power. He didn't have time or the clarity of mind to wonder about the magical marking Hotaru had given him. Lochan was right; Ashamin just had to show her what he saw.

The haruspex stepped away, dragging his face from her shoulder if she had allowed him to touch it. His eyes shut and his magic reached for the mare, pulling from the heart in her chest the beauty that the painted buck saw. Within moments it appeared, an electric vision: the bird in the sky, the mythical swan-like beauty that had fallen and made the earth move.

"Please" he whispered, just loud enough for her to hear. His own heart, something so lost that it had no form, surrounded the bird in an embrace of spark as he spoke. "I need you to see what I see. Please... don't be afraid to fall."

I will be there to catch you.

""

@Hotaru

300 POSTS!!!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
I am the lie that you adore - by Hotaru - 02-06-2016, 10:01 PM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Ashamin - 02-17-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Hotaru - 02-20-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Ashamin - 03-30-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Hotaru - 04-03-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Ashamin - 04-23-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Hotaru - 04-24-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: I am the lie that you adore - by Ashamin - 05-25-2016, 09:03 AM