the Rift

[OPEN] return of the prodigal son

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
quotequotequote
</style>

Sometimes I wondered what I was doing back in the lands of the mighty Dragon. Family, I'd remind myself, but as I took a look around all I could see was small cracks growing larger and larger within the foundation of my personal, inner family. Everything around me was crumbling apart. As the eldest sibling, and eldest sister on top of that, I felt it was my responsibility to substitute my mother's role while she was currently on her.. break. Outing? Where ever she was. Because, unlike my father, I fully believed she was coming back.

However, I was no Sohalia the Transcended.

None of my siblings came to me like they did my mother. I was trying so damn hard to keep this family apart and to no avail. I felt as if a bigger rift was growing between us. Hell, I took a mission away from Dragon's Throat just so I could get a chance to breathe and reevaluate the situation. What had I done wrong? Had I not instilled enough hope? Not offered enough guidance?

I was already an aunt. I had two more half-siblings birthed by a woman I couldn't stand, sired by a man I tried so hard to convince the woman I thought he loved would be coming back. Half of my family wasn't even around. I searched for them: scoured Helovia whilst on my previous mission. There was no sign of any of them.

No matter how hard I tried, I could feel my grasp on the family ties loosening. Ever so slowly everything was unraveling. The happy family I dreamed of was disappearing before my very eyes. I wanted to cry, I wanted to give up, but I couldn't. There was still a miserably naive part of me that kept thinking things would go back to the way they were before. Not to mention, I couldn't let anything happen to my family. Even my half-siblings. They still shared my blood, still lived in the same herd.

His arrival was like a ray of hope in the dark sky, forcibly creating a silver lining among the darkness. Patrolling was the only thing that kept me sane anymore. When I saw him, however, I thought I had lost my mind. But as I dared to follow, dared to believe, the reality began to hit me. As Ivezho, my dear missing brother, hit the ground I was quick to land beside me.

"Gaezo!" Excitement forced its way through my weariness as I went in for an attempt to muzzle him. "I have missed you." In that moment of pure bliss, I didn't even notice my voice crack beneath my emotions.

translation gaezo = brother

Image Credits

@Ivezho
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
return of the prodigal son - by Ivezho - 02-07-2016, 05:42 AM
RE: return of the prodigal son - by Zenobia - 02-08-2016, 05:13 AM
RE: return of the prodigal son - by Ivezho - 02-17-2016, 01:56 AM
RE: return of the prodigal son - by Mordecai - 03-05-2016, 11:26 PM