the Rift

[PRIVATE] Red phones and leather wallets

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

My body was far more swollen with pregnancy as the months ticked by. The winter caused my fur to grow long and shaggy, but it was nothing compared to the fur I had grown the year before in the Aurora Basin.

A pang in my heart was given at the thought of my previous home. I missed the snows, the nightly light shows, and my mother. I missed her above everything. I did not miss much else. I had few friends in my time there, and I spent a lot more time by myself exploring than I did meeting others.

I absently reached over to touch my belly as I felt a kick, a smile reaching my lips. My mouth softly cooed to my belly as the child inside moved and shifted. He was rambunctious, and sometimes I wondered if there was more than one in there. Eventually the moving stopped, and my head returned to my normal head set. I stood inside the ancient rotunda, looking out over the meadow, and the frozen lake. My emotional state was better, and I wouldn't say ideal, but for some reason I knew it would be okay. After everything with Rhoa, I felt better. I wasn't alone in this. He was there.

I was still scared, but what parent to be wouldn't?

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

@Rikyn

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

I’d spent a few days here in the forest surrounding the rotunda, mostly wandering aimlessly trying to decide if I wanted to travel directly north, to the last known whereabouts of my dad, or even further north, to Erebos. While I certainly felt less angst than I initially had about these endeavors when first arriving (mostly due to Demothi’s good sense), I still wasn’t exactly looking forward to either of them – for one, dad would likely be cross, and I also didn’t know if my life long friend would be as jovial about this reunion as he had been our last. And, while I did think sometimes of Aithniel and the desert which I’d avoided on my excursions westward, I kept her out of my thoughts as much as possible.

I’m not sure why. I think it was mostly that I didn’t want to have to tell her I was sorry, and I also didn’t want to be associated with her anymore – not if she’d been hanging out with those birds in the sand, filling her head with their lies about the origins of her blood. Even more convoluting was the presence of her father, the very nature of her father a force that my knowledge would be hard pressed to combat.

I’d spent to long lost, and she was the cost I would pay. It did not mean I would think about her, not unless she fell out of the sky, or found herself directly in my path, as Glacia did now.

Glacia, daughter of Sialia, a face that had played in the green fields and snowy glens of my youth, and so I am again transported back to a mental frame of being innocent, and full of hope not yet tarnished by truth. I see the dark pelted mare, her white speckled coat colored rainbow by the glass above, and I hear the laughter of Aithniel, or the horrid silence of her stillness while mother told tales of her ancestor’s filth. I feel Erebos’ shoulder against mine and cannot help but smile, the cold wind of the mountains stilling the fading green smell of this forest.

But something is wrong about her, not just that she’s older – I’ve already met her again, in these full sized bodies of ours – and it sends the warm feelings that are ushered in with memory away with something that, at first, anyway, grips at me so tightly that all I do is stop and stare, trying to piece together what is so different about her.

"Gave it up already, Glacia?" I ask her from my distance with a jester’s smirk, the taunt arriving with the realization that she’s much wider than she used to be. Stirring beneath me, my golden hooves flash in the light as I cross the golden grasses that span between the tree line and the strange stone building, pausing so that I have to look up into the rotunda at her, still grinning - until I notice she smells like mist, not snow, my smile falling into a more serious expression that wonders just what is in her fat gut.

"Who's the sucker, huh?"

@Glacia
[ OOC: Aha he’s a butthole. ]

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

My ears swivel towards the voice, and it doesn't take long for my head and eyes to follow. Ears slowly slide downwards at the stud. Yes, I know him. Rikyn, son of Illynx. "You're just jealous that I'm getting action, and you. Are. Not." The corners of my lips twist ever so slightly upwards at him, my tone mocking and as taunting as his own. I didn't remember him from my youth (That may have been because he was invisible for most of it, and then he was gone.) But that didn't mean that I didn't know of him. Mother had not excluded him, after all, Illynx had saved me. There was no way Mother could have directly after giving birth to me. She would have tried however. She would have died trying. So Illynx saved us both, and I suppose my mother owed a lot to her.

His voice changes though, and is questioning, serious even. My ears slowly begin to flatten, and my head and neck lift, so as to peer even more down at him. "Someone worthy of my attentions, is who it was Rikyn." Royalty vs Royalty.

My father was king long before his mother, and besides that he was king of the windtossed foothills, and after the king of the worlds edge. It was in my blood. But it was in his too. Illynx was a lady. She was my lady at one point, and so he too was as equally royal.

But he had no right to judge me. I didn't just "give it up". I was proud of my choice. I was worthy of him, and he was worthy of me. We did not give those we deemed unworthy our most intimate of gifts. And slowly I made my way towards Rikyn.

"Where did you go? My mother will probably kick your puny ass next time she see's you. She may have known you since a babe, but she's a hard ass, and I believe she's very disappointed in the son of Illynx." I challenge him to dare and change the subject back to me again. He judges me? Well, it's my turn to judge him.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

@Rikyn

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

Her remark is meant to be wounding – perhaps I take it so for a second, my smirk fading into the straight line of disapproval before it is back and dancing on my mouth. That she smiles at me makes it that much easier, the final stones clinking down into place when I consider the fact that the thing in her belly wasn’t just ten minutes of fun, but a whole lot of annoying, following her about and dragging little tribrid fillies back home.

I’d been a kid once, too – and I, as I recall, was hell on a Gods hoof. Would she be so cursed?

I’m about to make some sarcastic remark about how I’d the rest of my life to wipe snot from the nose of hideous little brats, but I was surely delighted that she had thought to consider my feelings in the matter. Honestly, I was still too preoccupied with how my parents had failed or succeeded, and my own trajectory in life, to be worried about making little unicorns. But, what she says next, in unison with her raised head and lowered ears, leaves too tender a spot to prod at for me to resist.

"I see, a valiant and honorable sort," I ask through a fox’s mischievous grin, "the sort we openly speak of in front of others because we are just so very proud and not one bit ashamed."

Whatever game she wanted to play, I would win; though I was not keen to the knowledge of her sire, believing her to be some warrior’s cast away daughter rather than a child of Mauja’s, I did know enough of her dam from my time with my mother to assume she was not the sort to hold her tongue. However, I doubted she had been taught to wave her oral appendages with as much nuance or swiftness as I – so I was equally eager as I was doubtful to test these theories.

Her first proverbial swing of the blade arrives with the name of a whore and the whore’s mentor. While I let my smile be replaced by an expression of nothingness (that might, I suppose, be taken for crest-fallen), my ears falling aside as if flatted along the top by some invisible object, I can’t help but wonder if she realizes that her jab had been almost entirely off the mark (though mother’s name, and mine, so closely paired…why can’t anyone call me Ulrik’s son? The Engineer’s boy? Father never hurt me like she did, he never would have even thought…).

Shoving away what little burns in her burn with the ease of swatting away settled ash, I assume the mask (or so I think) that reads how very terrified I am by all these words – a flash lighting within my golden eyes and my smile still traced upon my features, hooves steadily planted in the soil, but for the forth, which rests and waits. That she uses her mother as a defense still only leaves me that much more assured that I can taunt her for being pregnant, and she will probably break into tears, and run home to her mommy.

"Sialia is an old woman," I answer with a snort, "I’m more afraid of how your stupidity will affect your unborn child than I am of her, or the threats you make in her stead."

My tail plays behind me, golden eyes narrowing as my head manages (somehow) to rise an inch further than it already was, the smile that finds its way to my lips almost riotous at my next set of words before they even meet the air.

"Anyway, I hope it goes well. I heard that some women, you know, suffer some serious consequences on the not talking end. Would be a shame to ruin it this early on, y’know?"

@Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).