the Rift

[PRIVATE] failure finds me

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
the tempest of an unrelenting sea
Aquila ignored the slack jaw of Darwin— she was becoming accustomed to such looks in Helovia— though the smallest and most fleeting of smiles ghosted across her face as the thankful clacking and smile of Antaa’s beak. Round eyes leave the feasting chick for Darwin, as he guesses to interpret the obvious implication’s of his bonded’s motions. “You assume? You cannot speak to her?” The demanded inquiry was colored with surprise— slowly emotion was beginning to color the vibrant mare as her wariness of the winged stallion ebbed.

Though eyes whip to the cautious step he took towards her, glare lingering on his nearing hoof in the sand before snapping up to his bright gaze. Scaled ears tilted back, threatening to pin once again— but, at his gentle thanks, they twitch and sweep forward and she remains in place, rather than retreating away from the encroaching and dangerous wings.

She watches and listens silently, emotion once again flickering across her face as he mentions Akvo. It’s a sad, poignant look that fleetingly crosses her ridged face and too-large eyes. Her unblinking eyes glance down, then seaward, uneasy with the rush that filled her beneath the intent and curious stare of the stallion.

Though she does not shift or retreat. No, she is a soldier, and so she holds her ground and forces her gaze back meet his— though there is a new vulnerability behind the glassy, aqua and yellow irises. “It was. The coral was more colorful than anything in Yothea— Until Vjanta destroyed it,” she missed the vivid hues of her home. All seemed so dull here in Helovia, eked of color. “Helovians and their god killed Vjanta, the Tigress,” though, strangely, the mare did not feel indebted to the Gods here. Mostly because they sealed her from her culture— whom she had been charged with finding a safe place of refuge. “But I cannot bring my people here, now.” Her words, surprising in multitude for the militant mare, ended abruptly.

@Darwin

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM