the Rift

[PRIVATE] my winter song for you

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
For all of her anger, and all of her bitterness, Alysanne had forgotten some of the things that actually mattered, that she still cared about. And one of them was Brisa. After seeing her dear friend’s daughter, tangled and bruised and wet, she had meant to march the young boy straight home but had been persuaded to not to. His injuries hadn’t been so severe, more a case of pigheadedness on behalf of both the colt and filly that day. But she still should have come. She should have used that excuse to visit the grey mare she had grown so close with, one of her dear loves. Even though she did not need an excuse her mind had still demanded one and her heart refused to pass by that hidden herdland without the very best excuse.

She had none today, no excuse and no courage, but only the resolve that this was far, far overdue.

Unfortunately, as much as she intended on finding the Falls and hoping she would run into no one else but Brisa along the way, Alysanne had predictably gotten lost. She wasn’t sure exactly where she had taken a wrong turn. The faint footpaths of travellers that weaved here and there across Helovia had been buried by a light layer of snow so perhaps that was it, but as she climbed into the mountains she had the distinct impression that when she got to the top she wouldn’t be looking into that dreadful herd but somewhere else entirely. It all seemed familiar, of course - she was familiar with many of the lands in Helovia after the last four years, but that didn’t help her. She recognized the place but there was no certainty as to the proximity of this high, snow-covered field and the land that she had actually meant to find.

Perhaps, the pegasus mused, this was fate intervening. Hemlock snorted at that thought, a funny noise coming from the little owl perched between her ears, before taking off to scout the barren field ahead of her as she walked further on. This wasn’t the Falls, and she only knew the pathway she had come up, but for now she’d wander up here where the bright afternoon sun shone on the snow and work up the courage she needed to travel back down and to the Falls to find her long-lost friend.
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

for @Brisa <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

The sun was bright and the day seemed to drag on as the bonded pair made their way up towards the Heavenly Fields. Hikari had practically dragged her out of bed this morning when she wanted nothing more than to wallow in her sorrows for awhile longer, but at last Hikari's yips finally roused her. Snow had fallen over the course of the night making everything exceptionally bright and cold but as she walked out into it she turned back to hear soft whining. Looking down to find Hikari standing cautiously at the edge of the snow and where the dry floor of the cavern met. Chuckling softly she had forgotten that her adorable pup had yet to see her first snow making this some big scary monster. It took many minutes of coaxing for her to take her first steps into the cold white powder but after a couple minutes it was like she lived for the stuff. Bouncing and rolling about the two of them headed out to make Hikari's first trip outside of the borders.

Keeping her pace slow to allow the pup to keep up with her long strides the pale mare watched protectively ensuring that nothing would interfere with their journey. When Hikari's pace slowed to a near halt was the time that she was ushered up to rest a top her neck to enjoy the rest of the trip. Picking up the pace was a much satisfying change of scenery as she worked on keeping her strides as even as possible to not jostle the half asleep kitsune. Inhaling deeply the fresh snow filled air was a refreshing boost compared to the stagnant pre-winter aroma of decay. While she loved the snow she had also taken a disliking to it over the years but for now it would sit firmly as a much needed change that would hopefully help to keep her mind off of her present situation with Kaj.

A few miles later she began to wonder if the brightness was starting to play tricks on her. Every so often she would catch movement up ahead only for it to vanish just as quick as it had came. Puzzled she kept watch only to finally figure out that it was a painted pegasus that kept appearing in and out of the small drifts. Wait... could it be? Joy filled her breast as the figure turned out to be no other than Alysanne. She had not seen her in ages! Kicking up her heels she almost forgot about Hikari as her passenger and quieted her excitement as she cantered forward letting out a joyous whinny. Sliding up alongside her dear friend she reached out her muzzle to greet Aly unable to contain her happiness. "Aly! How have you been? How are you?" She commented with much enthusiasm.

"Talk."
notes;
tag; @Alysanne
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Alysanne
The whinny that broke the silence made Alysanne’s heart leap in her chest. Could she really be so lucky as this? Hemlock hooted delightfully and looped back to greet Brisa - catching onto his bonded’s excitement. This wasn’t one of those faces from the Falls that was met with mixed emotions in her head - or, not the emotions he was used to anyway. It was pure happiness that surged through her now only tarnished by guilt that it had been so long since they had been reunited. Far too long.

A whinny of her own rips through her and she turned to face her friend - unwilling to settle for just a bump of their muzzles. Her wings unfolded so that both them and her neck looked to wrap her friend up into a hug. “Brisa!” The sweet scent of her friend - familiar but mixed with ones she did not recognize. She hated that there was anything unfamiliar about her friend.

Her eyes swam with tears and for the first time in a very long time they were from happiness. Hemlock hooted again above them before going to inspect Brisa’s companion - the delight from his bonded making him feel curious and - dare anyone say it - friendly. “Oh my dear it’s so good to see you.”

“I was trying to find the Falls and see if I could find you, I’m afraid I got lost and ended up here.”
That should come as no surprise and she laughed as she finally stepped back so she could just look at Brisa - her eyes still shining. Only now did she get around to answering the questions she had nearly forgotten in the bliss of the reunion. “I’ve… well things haven’t been great ever since the invasion but I think they’re getting better.” She wondered if Brisa knew, wondered if it had bothered her as well. Not enough to leave the herd, not enough to stay in the Moon Goddess’s lands, but at least a little bit. “How about you?” These were such a heavy questions given the time apart but Alysanne wanted to know everything.

Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Brisa <333
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

she still had hope.

Grumbles of confused anger sounded from a top her head as her joyous excitement somehow did not translate to getting woken from a peaceful snooze and practically tossed around from side to side. Knowing that the pup was not in any real danger the grey chose to ignore Hikari's protests which quickly turned into yips of excitement when she figured out what was going on. People were one of her favourite things and meeting new ones was especially fun for the young kitsune. Honey eyes wide open Hikari wiggled her way from where she had been laying down onto the broader surface of her bonded's back. The grey through her excitement tried her best to ensure that the little pup did not fall by finally planting her feet and relishing the softness of Aly's wings around them.

Laughter bubbled through her chest as she listened to her dear friend's story about coming to find the Falls but getting lost along the way. In a way it was completely backwards cause it was usually herself getting lost not Aly! She guessed over the last couple months her sense of direction must have gotten a little bit better for it had been some time since she had managed to get herself lost in Helovia. Mention of the invasion dimmed her excitement slightly as the memories of such hard times came back to focus once more. Things had been rough since then and seemingly in both of their herds. Part of her wanted to think that such adjustments were part of the process of moving to new land but all in all she wasn't completely sure it was all normal. If not for Kaj she would have likely never gone during the invasion bringing back the one thing she had been trying to forget. Maybe there was no escaping the pain...

Shaking her head slightly to ignore such things the best she could she focused on the painted mare's question. "I've been alright. Things have been tough but they will hopefully sort themselves out real soon." She replied trying to sound positive despite her speculation. "OH, and this is Hikari!" She added her excitement returning as she pivoted slightly to give her friends a better view of her newly bonded kitsune. "She has been a great gift and a complete pleasure." Turning her head to nuzzle the little curly tailed pup she couldn't help but be happy.

"Talk."
notes; not the best post sorry :s
tag; @Alysanne
image credits
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Alysanne
It was unlike Alysanne to forget that although things weren’t going particularly smoothly for herself lately, others may be experiencing similar situations - or even worse ones! She hated that she had no idea what Brisa had been going through lately but was thankful that, at least, it was not so much to diminish their reunion. The grey mare looked healthy, at the very least, and Alysanne vowed that she would not let so long pass between their visits as had passed this time.

But now it bothered her to hear that Brisa had not been well, that things had been tough, but she took it as a good sign that her friend was still hopeful that they would be improving. They better! “I know we live in different homes now… but you can talk to me anytime, about anything. I miss being able to spend my days with you and Kahlua - back when everything still made sense.” It felt like a lifetime ago when Alysanne was first arriving in Helovia and was greeted by Brisa in the Edge, walking with a fast and easy friendship and touring that forest with her and their black and white friend. “But I hope my friendship with you is one thing that won’t change.” Her smile was soft and reassuring (or so she hoped), as she reached out to nudge Brisa affectionately. She had no idea what sort of things Brisa had been going through but maybe they could finally make up for the time lost.

The conversation easily changed to a happier subject and Alysanne’s green eyes travelled to the young pup and they lit up in delight. “Oh congratulations!! She’s beautiful.” She hadn’t seen a kitsune since Lena’s Imogen and it was wonderful to get to see one so young, it was so adorable! “Hemlock thinks so too.” She added with a light laugh, as the small owl had been peering himself to get a better look. He too was remembering Imogen and wondered if this new kitsune would be as amiable as that one. He gave a timid hoot but refrained from flying over to say hello for now.  “She looks so young, when did you find her?”
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Brisa <3 FINALLY
made by the lovely tamme

she still had hope.

Standing here with her bestie was the best feeling in the world and it made it hard to believe it had been so long since this reunion had happened. Kahlua was not with them which dampened the whole experience but all in all it still felt good to feel happy. She wondered what had happened to their painted friend since she had last seen her back in the threshold not too long ago. Things had all been working out and going so well but then before she could lead her back home she had vanished into thin air once more. It was beyond disappointing to say the least but she was not going to lose hope that someday all three of them would once again be together where they belonged.

Listening to Aly bubble on about everything was a real pleasure but she could also relate to the things with a less than happy ring to it. "I know what you mean." She replied with a nod of her head. Things had all made sense back in the old days before all this responsibility had been thrust upon her, when had it all stopped making sense? Motherhood was tough but she had managed through with the help of her besties but really it was the invasion that had disrupted everything. "Our friendship will never change, I won't let it. You guys mean too much to me." she reassured as she gratefully tried to nuzzle Aly in return. Her friend meant too much to her to let things change between them. Sure they were living in different herds and all but they were still like family regardless of where they lived.

As focus turned to Hikari the mood instantly lightened into much happier times. She couldn't help but laugh at Aly's enthusiasm and glowing comments for she couldn't agree more. "I only found her egg a couple short weeks ago, but its amazing how big she has already grown! Time passes by way too fast some days." Remembering the day Hikari hatched brought a smile to her face, it was just so adorable. Hikari was practically glowing in all the attention with her tails wagging about and a happy toothy grin upon her face. "So what all have I missed out on! You need to bring me back up to date on what's been happening with you and Hemlock."

"Talk."
notes;
tag; @Alysanne
image credits

Alysanne
With grace, Alysanne welcomed Brisa’s warm touch and her happy words. “That makes me so glad, Brisa.” So much had happened but at the same time so little had happened. Which made answering the next question from Brisa tricky.

“Oh dear! Let’s see…”

But everything that Alysanne could think of had more to do with the Edge and not herself. What had happened to her and Hemlock? “Naerys, my daughter - ended up being a little bit of a handful… always running off and making friends where she shouldn’t. We patched things up between us but then she disappeared again and I haven’t seen her… She hasn’t been hanging around the Falls, has she? Last I heard her father, Miykael, was still there.” She watched Brisa for any sort of reaction, while also taking the time to think of anything else. “I’m still a Moon Doctor - Evangeline is one with me, along with a stallion that’s new to the Edge. Or, well, newer. Sometimes I still wake up and expect to see all the same faces there...” Her smile crumbled then, green eyes clouding over with the dark thoughts that stirred in her mind.

When she spoke again, her voice was quiet but her eyes remained trained on her friend. Asking the question she needed to know most of all.

“Do you hate me… for not staying in the Falls?” They had just confirmed that their friendship was strong, that it didn’t matter if they lived in different herds, but what if it did at some level? Alysanne had left, left everyone, when she knew she could no longer stay in a herd won by blood. She had left Brisa and she hadn’t even given her friend a proper explanation or a goodbye - she had stolen out as soon as she could with Thor and Evangeline.
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Brisa
made by the lovely tamme

she still had hope.

When mention of Aly's daughter arose the white mare had to pause to think about the question that had been posed. While there had been many new faces in and around the Falls she couldn't recall seeing the lovely Naerys. Come to think about it she hadn't even seen Miykael around lately either. "I'm sorry. I haven't seen her recently. I will keep my eyes open for her though." She replied making a mental note to keep on the lookout for the young pegasus. "Aeolus has been going out quite a bit as well but thankfully he tends to always come home within a reasonable time frame. I still worry about him, they grow up too fast..." It literally seemed like yesterday that she was chasing after him to make sure he didn't get into trouble and now she had no choice but to sit back and try not to worry about him constantly.

It was pleasing to hear that her friend still held the lucrative position of Moon Doctor, it just went to show how dedicated to the craft she was. Lifting her eyes as she heard Aly's voice trail off she could sympathize with how she was feeling. It was hard to wake up to a continuous stream of new faces when you had grown so accustomed to having only a few close friends. That had been a hard reality she had had to come to terms with and she still wasn't sure that she accepted it fully. Kaj had been her support through the transitioning stages of the big move but now what did she have? The memories of them were haunting and still to this day unsettling. Things just seemed so unfinished, so... broken and in disrepair. Shaking her head she refused to let this depressing point of her life ruin the happiness that she had felt in meeting up with her dear friend again. Maybe another day they could talk about such embarrassments but today should be happy for them both.

Aly's next question caught her off guard, pulling her eyes back to meet those of her friend she tried to come to a sense of what she was getting at. "Hate you? No! Of course not."

It was impossible to hate her for a decision that they all needed to make one way or another. Yes they had chosen differently at the time but she had needed to protect her son from the Moon Goddess's reign of terror. How could she have stayed when she had committed such acts of disgusting treachery? "Do you hate me for staying?" She asked hesitantly not sure if she wanted to know the truth or not.

"Brisa Speaks.""Hikari Speaks."
notes;
tag; @Alysanne
image credits

Alysanne
“Thank you, I appreciate it so much if you could.” Hopefully Naerys would turn up sooner or later - whether in the Falls or in the Edge. She smiled a knowing smile when Brisa went on to explain how Aeolus was growing up too fast. Hopefully that particular son was keeping out of trouble - no more jumping off cliffs to save young fillies! “Too fast indeed! I still thought Naerys was my little girl and she grew up in the blink of an eye!”

The matter of whether Brisa hated her had been weighing on Alysanne for some time - but so did the question that was returned to her. This was a subject long overdue, they should have talked about this right after it became apparent that they would be separated. But instead Alysanne had allowed herself to fester in uncertainty and doubt, separated from the herd she claimed was her family.

She relaxed when Brisa was quick to assure her that no, there was no hate there between them, and felt stronger in the white mare’s certainty about it.

And when the question was reversed, Alysanne kept her sad eyes on Brisa - not wanting to do this exchange any discredit by turning away but her voice was so quiet when she spoke. “I... thought I did.” Even as she said it, she knew it was wrong. She knew she had never hated Brisa - so she shook her head quickly and continued, her voice stronger now. “No, I never hated you. I was hurt for a while… I didn’t see the difference between what she did and what they did to secure “peace”.” Alysanne blamed Archibald and Kaj for the invasion and she still felt moved by anger when she thought about it. When she remembered walking into the Falls and seeing the chaos, when she remembered Archibald fighting Ghost and bringing too close to death, when she remembered Resplendence's condescending words as she offered healing. The aftermath of that battle had been the first time she had really experienced anger and it was a permanent fixture in her heart now, its roots spreading and forcing her to crack under the pressure.

It hardly helped that she had discovered Kaj was a bigger coward than she had ever expected - that he had erased her from his memory and removed any guilt along the way.

“Are you happy there?” That was all that mattered, all it needed to come down to for Alysanne.
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Brisa <3
made by the lovely tamme