the Rift

[OPEN] ¡Prendeme Fuego!

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

At first, I try very hard to not show my fear.

Maybe I would have spoken again, but the sight of another, this stranger, clamps my jaws shut. Her appearance reminds me of the foreign god that put me in this state, that crippled me with eternal pain. What am I, a mere child, to do in the face of this ghost?

Everything is ghosts, everything... steam rises from the surroundings, my mere breaths disappear as eternal heat dries them instantly. She, this spined mare of the waves, reminds him of the glimmering of the halycon flats. So why is she here, underground and so far from the water?

I have come here for heat, for something so blindingly burning that I must forget this pain. Here my joints relax, here my body eases into something like normalcy. But what about her, what about...

What about monsters?

I take a fumbling step away from her, a small whinny slipping through my shut teeth. Slowly they begin to clack and shudder, and that fearful noise so unique to my youth rears its head. I am young, I am weak, I am not your child to hurt, says the gesture.

For I have been hurt; Milo, boy of the hunter, has been beaten in body and mind. This has been my role, my position in this feeble life. I cannot register her question, her response. I feel only instinct, the gentle curl of my soft white tail as it slips between my legs. I feel only a painful step backwards, just along the edge (pebbles slipping, danger, danger, danger, I could fall any second, I could fall I could die I could end and no more live this life,) and away from the mare.

What about monsters?

""

I am not sure if it is
BETTER OR WORSE
to know all that I do
image credits

@Aquila Sorry for the wait

Messages In This Thread
¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Milo - 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 04:43 PM