the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shall We Dance?

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

I trot easily through the Green Labyrinth with Anka dashing about around me. Our movements around each other have come to be so in sync that I no longer worry about stepping on her and she no longer chatters angrily whenever I nearly do. Neither of us consider the thought of getting lost. The otter and I are too wrapped up in one another and in enjoying a day away from herd life. And if we were to get lost, I could fly from the Labyrinth.

Anka still does not particularly love the Dragon's Throat and she certainly does not care for those who live there after the stallion, who I have found to be called Einarr, 'greeted' us. Now that I am aware of his ranking I am still slightly embarrassed and certainly thankful that I did not choose to kick him as the thought had crossed my mind. We have certainly avoided the warrioresque groups. Anka is certain that they are all bullies; not just the warriors, but the entire herd. So I am easing her into the herd life and we often have outings like this one.

Tired of running about Anka begins a new game. On an imagined stage created by a ring of bamboo she and I dance dramatically to the sound of my music from my collar. In turn we each bow to one another; my bonded stands on her back paws and stands tall before bending her body and I flourishingly spread a wing while dipping my head. We then stately dance around one another in a respectable dance while giggling like a pair of young girls.  

@Kvothe

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

"Here the future is made
Solemn bonds of trust will never fade"

The world had changed, and so had I. Ah, I was still Kvothe, still myself, but far wiser and more... well, not wary. I could never be wary when the world held so much wonder. However I had learned to be cautious, and learned of my foolishness to leave behind all that I had.

My friends; Aisling, Finn, Rei... did they live? Did my sweet faerie still sing her songs, my proud friend still smile so freely, my beloved bird soar so high? I had been a fool carried away by the restlessness of my heart, and I hadn't regretted my decision until the thaw made the pass I had entered Helovia through impossible to venture past. So, forced away I had wandered long and far, seasons shifting.

Yes, I had changed, and the world with me. The proof lay around me; I was in Helovia, I was sure of it, yet this was a place so strange and unfamiliar it had me giddy. Bells sang as hooves pranced, carrying me forward through the green bamboo, a natural maze that was beautiful to behold. Elodin did not share my view, rather he was impatiently scouting ahead, his long legs carrying him in great bounds that ate up surprising distance between us, even at my brisk walk.

Therefor, it was Elodin who first saw her dancing with wild creatures, and when my own eyes laid upon her, it was a sight that left me frozen for fear of breaking the spell.

Music filled the air as she danced with an otter, both artisans moving with grace and beauty even despite their drastic sizes. Like something from a fae story they wove and spun, and I was certain I had strayed into some faery-mound and lost my soul forever. But the scent of her and otter filled my nostrils with every breath, and I knew this to be no illusion. Their bow to each other, graceful dancers applauding each other's skill, broke the spell binding me so tightly that my chest felt as if a dragon's claw had gripped it and squeezed.

Surrounded by those emerald boughs, alit with the day's gentle light, I do not think Rei had ever looked more beautiful.

"I had feared mine soul caught by the fae, but instead I find mineself bound by an angel's dance." My voice seemed to shatter whatever traces of wonder had bound me, and I took a step forward, my eyes running over her form, making sure she was hale and hearty before they settled upon eyes as warm and rich as the earth.

'Too flowery, chase away with that.' Elodin reserved most of his judgement with my thanks, his crowned head shaking as he turned to examine the otter that had danced with the mare, white-rimmed eyes half-lidded with a sort of arrogant disinterest.

I, however, ignored him, never once daring to take my eyes away from her. I feared if I did, either my hooves or her wings would separate us once more. So many questions sprang to my lips, bit back by my teeth and silence. Was she hale? Who was the otter-dancer? Did she still reside within the desert?

Was I welcome here?

@Rei 

Image || Code by Tamme

Rei

Bells.
The sound of bells ends our dance.
Bells.
Oh what a familiar sound those bells seem to be.

"I had feared mine soul caught by the fae, but instead I find mineself bound by an angel's dance." Anka is sure that the words are meant for her and brushing past my frozen state she goes to the hooves of the stallion I had so often told her about. Almost never intentionally. His name was one that had left too strong in an ache in my chest to venture as far as to speak it, or even to directly think it, in casual conversation with Anka. The otter learned of my storyteller through my emotions that I could never hide from her. Our souls were one and whenever I mourned the past she saw the memories that told why. Now my bonded stands in front of him happily chattering about what I assume to be her take on the compliment she thinks to belong to her.

Twice I had found Kvothe and twice I had lost him. Each time found he had brought me more joy than the last and with each loss he had taken more of me with him. I knew not if he would ever bring those pieces of myself back. I did not even know what the stallion was to me. Why was he so different from the others? Kvothe was not the only friend I had lost.

My movements are slow but not from fatigue as one might assume it to be because of. No, I feel as though I am moving in a dream. How many times had I dreamt of this moment? I turn to face the one I know to be standing there. Before I can finish my movement Anka sends me mental images of Kvothe. They are not ones from this moment; they are the ones from my own memories that she remembers.

Our meeting whenever I nearly crashed into him.
The day that Elodin hatched from an egg.
He and I laying together as he spun words into a story.
Kvothe and I working as a pair to warn of the Earth God's flood.

Each memory passes before my eyes and before Anka can finish showing them all to me I am embracing the one so controlled by his wanderlust. It is not memories that are before me right now. It is him. Anka looks at us knowingly. She had known what she was doing. The otter had broken me from whatever terrible spell that had kept me from doing what I did now sooner.

"My storyteller.." I tighten my embrace and I breathe in his scent. I make this moment a memory. "It has been so long this time," his other wanderings had not taken him for so long. "I did not think I would lay eyes on you again." Why had he been so long. I pull away from him to take in the full sight of before me. Was he okay? Had his ventures treated him well? For how long will you stay this time? I know better than to ask the question. It is better to not consider his leaving whilst he is still within reach and it is unlikely that even he is aware of what the answer may be.

Instead of asking I reminiscently touch my nose to one of his bells. "I wanted to hear these so badly while you were away." I wanted to hear your voice. I am glad that Anka cannot speak because she ceases her attempts at poking Elodin's antlers long enough to look at me slyly. My bonded had caught on to my previous contemplation of having a bell crafted in order to hear one once more. I never had it done because I knew that it would not ring out as warmly as Kvothe's. Any bell would be a cheap imitation of his that would only taunt me about his absence. Could the otter speak I am sure from the look in her eye that she would tell all.

@Kvothe I did not proof read, so if there are any mess ups just chalk them up to the excitement of Rei and I.

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

"Here the future is made
Solemn bonds of trust will never fade"

My eyes never left Rei, not even when the otter slipped from her stage to sit at my hooves. Elodin regarded the otter with a narrowed gaze and stepped closer to me, as if in possession.

I, however, was still enraptured by her. I dared not move for fear she would flee, and even the smile I offered was brittle and faint. In truth I was nervous, my heart pulsing in my throat and each breath was as if I had to force it out from beneath a boulder. Then, she moves and it is towards me, and I go still as possible, waiting, not even daring to breathe now.

And then I feel her wings, so silken and soft, cover me, and her body pressed against mine, and I hesitate no longer. Torso thrusts forward as I hook my head around her neck, drawing her closer even as I long for wings to fold about her as she did me, my eyes closed as I breathed in that scent that was all Rei. Then, she speaks. My storyteller. Alas if only she knew how much I was hers! I was slave both to her presence and my own wanderlust, yet one had so far proven the more dominant, at least when I am not near her. However I do not dwell upon that, muscles in my neck tightening as I draw her just the barest bit closer, unwilling to let her go, yet forcing myself to do so as she pulled away. So long... seasons had passed since last we met, and there was naught to blame but my own restlessness.

Damn myself! 

Thrice-damned be the curse that always sent me wandering and roaming!

"I beg thine's forgiveness, mo chroí, I have no excuse save that of mine own folly." Oh sweet Rei, did she know the siren's hold she had upon me? That if she but asked I would find the strength to never again stray? For her, I would stay still. Had she asked of me to remain in place for eternity, I would let flesh become stone and mineself a statue for eons to come. She reaches for me, and I bow my head as she brushed my bells, the silvery notes ringing merrily in the air, and I smile at her words.

Then my gaze goes to the glass and charms within her hair; I had never asked from whence they came, if they belonged to her alone or had been a boon from another, but just the possibility that one had gifted Rei something when I have done naught but heartache sends such scalding jealousy through me that Elodin flinched. I laughed softly to break my silence, before lowering my head to my hooves. It took but a few moments, but soon the bells had been shaken free, and I took them in my lips before stepping towards her. I brush my cheek to hers before clipping the bells to her mane, nudging them with my muzzle to send them tinkling before I pulled back. "Then hear them forever, and think of me should mine hooves stray." I cannot help the mourning... my words felt too much like a farewell for my liking. I could not deny my nature, could not predict the future, thus I could not predict if I should find my body carrying me away again.

"Rei... mo chroí..." What was I to say? I search her face, trying to read her masked expression, to peer into the depths of her soul and seek the answers I felt I would drown without. Should I present myself a fool now, or should I wait and perhaps never get the chance. 

"Do you remember when I spoke of the trouper and his song to the moon?"

@Rei 

Image || Code by Tamme

Rei

"I beg thine's forgiveness, mo chroí, I have no excuse save that of mine own folly."

"Folly? Surely you were only venturing off to collect more stories." I wink at him easily giving him an excuse for his absence. I do not want for him to beg for my forgiveness because of a part of who he is. "I did ask for you to tell me more, so perhaps I should be thanking you."

"Then hear them forever, and think of me should mine hooves stray." I can feel my face fall slightly at his words and I do my best to hide the pained expression. With those words I feel as though I have already began to lose him again. "Kvothe, I am stunned, "surely I cannot keep these." Even as I say it I am comforted by the feeling of them in my mane. Gently I toss my head creating my own version of the song that I have heard Kvothe make so many times before. Tears well in my eyes oh for so long I had yearned for the sound of these bells! And now they rest among my own hairs. Kvothe is so close to me once more.  

"But if I do I insist that you have this.." I call Anka over and I flash an image of the small music box that I want her to grab. It is easier for her to open the compartment on my collar and to grab the item with her paws than what it is for me. Once she grabs it she dashes over to Kvothe and holds it up towards him.

"I had it crafted," I stand up awkwardly wondering what he will think of the gift. Will he think it to be silly? "Back where I come from a band of pegasi passed through from time to time." I smile softly at the memory, I am sure that Kvothe would have gotten along well with the free spirits that belonged to the group. "None of them had spoken names. Instead each wore a collar like mine that played their name song." Suddenly I feel self conscious about my collar and the song it plays. It feels as though it reveals too much of myself. "Their name song was meant to guide them in life, to remind them of who they were and to represent that we are all a part of life's song; every life adds something. In their names and tails the pegasi had music boxes woven in. Each of their boxes represented a feeling or a life event."

I blush brightly as I assume that he is coming to put my words together. "The one associated with the memory would be the first to braid the new musical box in. Everywhere that the band went music followed." It had been lovely. There were plenty of Lytninians who had thought the band to be terribly strange and that had rejoiced their leaving but there had been others, including myself, who had mourned in their absence. I had the small music boxes crafted to give to my dearest friends. Each box carried a song that I thought went well with my favorite moment with that I experienced with them.

Stepping forward I pluck the music box from Anka, who pouts a little because she did not get to give it to him, and I step to his side. Gently I place the box on his back while I braid part of his mane. It is not a perfect braid. Parts of his hair stick out and the groupings of hair are uneven. Once I have the braid halfway finished I slide the bead-like music box onto the it before finishing it to hold the box in place. I press the button that begins his song and it quietly sings around us. Realizing that I had not taken the time to be sure that he would want the gift I stand awkwardly. "If you do not like it I can take it off of course." Blushing greatly I add, "This music box carries a song that I think suits my favorite moment that we spent together." Feeling so terribly self conscious I bury my face into his mane close to the braid and music box that I had given him.

"Rei... mo chroí..." I still even farther as I hear him say those words again. I do not know what they mean, but they certainly leave me feeling warmth. I hope that he is heading towards telling me that he likes the gift. "Do you remember when I spoke of the trouper and his song to the moon?" I am not sure how the story is related to us right now but I answer anyways. "Yes, I think that I remember it. Why?"

OOC: I have a small item on my prize list that Kvothe can have if he wants to keep the music box. @Kvothe

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.