the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shall We Dance?

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

"Here the future is made
Solemn bonds of trust will never fade"

The world had changed, and so had I. Ah, I was still Kvothe, still myself, but far wiser and more... well, not wary. I could never be wary when the world held so much wonder. However I had learned to be cautious, and learned of my foolishness to leave behind all that I had.

My friends; Aisling, Finn, Rei... did they live? Did my sweet faerie still sing her songs, my proud friend still smile so freely, my beloved bird soar so high? I had been a fool carried away by the restlessness of my heart, and I hadn't regretted my decision until the thaw made the pass I had entered Helovia through impossible to venture past. So, forced away I had wandered long and far, seasons shifting.

Yes, I had changed, and the world with me. The proof lay around me; I was in Helovia, I was sure of it, yet this was a place so strange and unfamiliar it had me giddy. Bells sang as hooves pranced, carrying me forward through the green bamboo, a natural maze that was beautiful to behold. Elodin did not share my view, rather he was impatiently scouting ahead, his long legs carrying him in great bounds that ate up surprising distance between us, even at my brisk walk.

Therefor, it was Elodin who first saw her dancing with wild creatures, and when my own eyes laid upon her, it was a sight that left me frozen for fear of breaking the spell.

Music filled the air as she danced with an otter, both artisans moving with grace and beauty even despite their drastic sizes. Like something from a fae story they wove and spun, and I was certain I had strayed into some faery-mound and lost my soul forever. But the scent of her and otter filled my nostrils with every breath, and I knew this to be no illusion. Their bow to each other, graceful dancers applauding each other's skill, broke the spell binding me so tightly that my chest felt as if a dragon's claw had gripped it and squeezed.

Surrounded by those emerald boughs, alit with the day's gentle light, I do not think Rei had ever looked more beautiful.

"I had feared mine soul caught by the fae, but instead I find mineself bound by an angel's dance." My voice seemed to shatter whatever traces of wonder had bound me, and I took a step forward, my eyes running over her form, making sure she was hale and hearty before they settled upon eyes as warm and rich as the earth.

'Too flowery, chase away with that.' Elodin reserved most of his judgement with my thanks, his crowned head shaking as he turned to examine the otter that had danced with the mare, white-rimmed eyes half-lidded with a sort of arrogant disinterest.

I, however, ignored him, never once daring to take my eyes away from her. I feared if I did, either my hooves or her wings would separate us once more. So many questions sprang to my lips, bit back by my teeth and silence. Was she hale? Who was the otter-dancer? Did she still reside within the desert?

Was I welcome here?

@Rei 

Image || Code by Tamme

Messages In This Thread
Shall We Dance? - by Rei - 02-09-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Kvothe - 02-10-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Rei - 02-10-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Kvothe - 02-10-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Rei - 02-11-2016, 04:04 PM