the Rift

[OPEN] walk my days on a wire (joining)

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
these lofty thoughts are killing me
preoccupied with what i could be</style>

Freyja thought back to her days as queen; she had enjoyed her time as her herd's leader, but it had been a stressful, sometimes menial job. There was so much to do, to keep everyone content, making sure all their needs were met. She had been so young, in hindsight, she should never have taken on the responsibility of dozens of others. Of letting their lives all but rest on her shoulders. It was such a burden for a young, fresh-faced girl who'd barely had any idea how the real world worked. It had been a wake-up call, a realization that she no longer could think of just herself, of her wants and needs. It taught her - or rather, forced her - to become selfless, more giving, more generous, more empathetic. She was grateful for her time in a position of power, but if given the chance, she would not go back and do it again.

"Very much so," She replied, "It had its perks, of course, but it was also very stressful. Having so many others count on you is a great responsibility, and I was actually quite glad when the herd disbanded and we went our separate ways." It wouldn't have been something she'd admit to just anyone; she wouldn't even have told Dogun, if he'd asked. She wouldn't have said that to her own children, or to the others that had relied on her for all those years. It wouldn't have been right, to tell them their queen had such burdens, such little faith in them. But Myrrine - there was something about her that made Freyja feel comfortable. Perhaps it was the similarities to her daughter - or something else entirely - but the bay felt as if she could tell her things she had not told anyone else in a long while. It was refreshing.

Freyja was actually rather surprised by Myrrine's statement. Exactly why, she wasn't sure - perhaps she had just never thought of it before, of the possibility of this girl rising to become a great leader. It hadn't crossed her mind, but then again, it wasn't like she spent all her time thinking of these things. "I think you would make a fine queen." It was a statement she truly believed. "You certainly have all the right qualities. You would do a wonderful job." Freyja thought it important to urge the young to follow their dreams; not doing so would only result in lazy, unmotivated children. That simply would not do.

"I hope I can prove my worth to you. I'm unsure of how things work around here, but perhaps I could take a look around and see where I fit in?"

@Myrrine
@Elsa
OOC: I was told to continue posting and Klare would jump in later if she could, I figured I'd tag them anyways just in case :)
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 02-10-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 02-11-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 02-14-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 02-16-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 03-06-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 03-09-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 03-10-2016, 09:51 AM