the Rift

[OPEN] walk my days on a wire (joining)

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
What do you like to do? It was a question Freyja didn't have the answer to. She heaved a sigh, shaking her head and shrugging. "I really don't know. I just want to feel like I belong here." So far, in Helovia, she'd felt odd and out of place, a true stranger amongst these people, an observer, on the outside looking in, watching everyone go about their lives with all these oddities around them, not blinking an eye. Then again, many of them had probably grown up here, or at least places similar, and Freyja - well, she had never seen anything like this before.

Part of her just wanted to run away from it all. This was not the place for her, she tried to tell herself, this was not the life she was meant to live, not where she belonged. But something kept her here, and she didn't know what. Perhaps she was simply tired of running, from her past, from the ghost of her former self, from everything. Perhaps she was enchanted with a sense of wonder, this new reality she was facing was so different from anything she'd ever known. Really, she thought, she just wanted her days of wandering to be over. But the creeping sense of doubt was beginning to consume her. Was Helovia really where she wanted to settle down?

Shaking her head, Freyja murmured a goodbye to Myrrine, sad to see her go, but she was sure the girl was busy and had better things to do than stand around speaking to her. Turning her attention back to Elsa, she gave a half-smile, nodding her head. "Thank you. I would like to seek a place here, I'm just not familiar with your ranks quite yet. I don't want to feel useless, really, for my own sake. A purpose would be nice." She paused, eyes narrowing slightly as she thought of the possibilities. "I think I would like to help others somehow. Like I said, I'm not much of a fighter, but if there's any way I could aid my fellow herd members, then I would be happy to take that up." If she could be of some support, she would feel better - at least a little bit.

Suddenly, without warning, a question came bursting forth from her mouth: "I've been wondering... would it be possible for someone like me, born without wings like yours, to acquire them?" The question sounded worse coming from her mouth, and the bay mare cringed slightly. "I mean, I don't want to be rude, but... well, they're very fascinating, and as a filly I always dreamed of being able to fly." She was sure she was not alone in that, and a small part of her envied Myrrine and now Elsa for what they had that she did not.
/ image

@Elsa
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 02-10-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 02-11-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 02-14-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 02-16-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 03-06-2016, 10:00 PM