the Rift

FOAL THINGS!

Pare Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5' :: 22
Pare
As a lot of us know, it can be really hard to have foals and keep them active until they are two. Well, I think I came up with a solution to all our problems! FOAL GAMES, and LESSONS!

In my mind, once every season the foals all get together along with parents and teachers. This could go on even if the herds are at odds. Make it a long standing truce, like maybe get the Gods involved and hate it where they bring up the idea and demand it happens. That way no harm would come to the foals, and it could go on as long as there is interest in it!

I think it would be best if foals were split into game groups! Newborn through two months, three months through six months, and six months- a year. That way young babies wont get hurt or picked on for being with their mommy's still.

We could have lessons as well as games! Say in Frostfall some basin warriors have a mock spar, Birdsong Falls, Tallsun Throat members,  and Orange moon the Edge. That way the herds wont feel like they are giving away secrets and such. The healers, seers, sneaks, and crafters would be about the same.

Each group would have an interactive lesson for the foals. Healers could bring herbs and teach them then give a little quiz. I'm not sure about crafters or seers though, need some ideas here. The warriors could show them a few simple moves, how to kick and such. That would be more advanced for the older babies though.

Then at the end there could be games! They would be different for each season! Sledding, icicle gathering, ect for Frostfall. Maybe a scavenger hunt for Birdsong, along with NPC help, we could have animals that need help. Maybe NPC a bird that needs a new nest and have all the babies build nests and such? We could have prizes or not. I think most foals would just be excited to be praised in front of their peers.

What does everyone think? It wouldn't be a mandatory thing of course, just something every season(run by everyone not just admins) thing for foals that are just sitting around idly waiting to be two. 

EDIT!
On the God involvement:
In my mind all they would do is make one post and then NPC could punish people if they try to hurt foals(throw them out, or whatever the player wants, but they would have to punished some how.)

I need ideas for:
1: Lessons from crafters, seers, and sleuth types
2: Games for all the seasons
3 Anything I might have missed!

Member ideas!

To go along with lessons, maybe something, like, "demonstrations" for kids without magic/with a different kind of magic? Like maybe there's a big crafting demonstration, or there's a sparring demonstration, etc etc. And story time. Because who doesn't like story time? ChaoticMelodies

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
I love this idea!!!!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
To go along with lessons, maybe something, like, "demonstrations" for kids without magic/with a different kind of magic? Like maybe there's a big crafting demonstration, or there's a sparring demonstration, etc etc. And story time. Because who doesn't like story time?
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

OOC Account
Pare
Yes! I love those ideas! <3

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
This sounds pretty great :D

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
excellent idea!
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
I think this sounds like a pretty neat idea! I don't have any goals and likely won't for a very long time, if ever, but I'd be more than happy to toss my characters in for demonstrations and the like.

For game ideas, what about hide and seek, tag, maybe a swimming relay race? ;D

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Tristan Posts: 8
Outcast
Colt :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 6 Months
Sparrow
I want this to be a thing, please. :D I can offer Tristan to goof off and play, and I can also offer Romani or Apollo to help out with things! <3
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*

OOC Account
Pare
I really really am going to try to get this to work out! I think it would open a lot of doors for everyone <3

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo
yes yes yes yes. this.

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo
Also, Tangere would totally help set up anything.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Awesome! I'll try to start setting things up! <3
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

OOC Account
Pare
I just wanted to let everyone know this is WELL under way! Start thinking if your adults would like to volunteer or not! Parelia will be coming to each herd to speak with the leaders and see if they will endorse this xD Lucky for her she knows several of the leaders already so keep your fingers crossed and start thinking!