the Rift

ROUND TWO: Alex

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
TECHNICALITIES
Due to the long nature of this competition, you are allowed to choose one of your winning characters to move on to round two. The number of opponents are odd, so we will be taking the TOP TWO scores from this round to move onto the final, third round. The TOP TWO scores will battle for first and second prize. The third prize will be given to the THIRD HIGHEST score from round TWO. You will be facing an admin played NPC described below. The NPC will not receive a score and will not appear on the rubric. Only your character will earn points. Your character will post first and get the points for a closing defense for fairness. The environment will also be described below. Good luck.

OPPONENT
- Equine
- Mare
- 15.2hh
- Cremello with a bulky, stock horse build
- green eyes
- Two magic slots: Ability to create an armor out of ice that covers her body but does not allow her to move and the ability to turn snow into slick ice

ENVIRONMENT
A particularly bitter chill and a sparse snowstorm cools the Frostbreath Steppe to arctic temperatures. The night sky above is full of bright lights and a full moon, and a faint aurora can be seen over the mountains.

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

I, the undead, creep into a new battle, feeling strong and certain after my humiliation of the young black stallion. Surely the youngling had not expected to see such horrors on such a cold and tranquil day; surely I have left a lasting impression. I will not forget the look in his eyes, I have seen it before. I can only hope he will never forget the hollow, dead look in mine.

Night has fallen and left me almost blind by my own rights- were it not for the light of the moon and stars dappling this desolate expanse, I would be a helpless victim to shadow. But as the world around me is now I see the faint outlines of slight dunes and mountaintops, I take in the beauty of the aurora and the wonder of the night with a disinterested ease and come to one, final conclusion- what lives and breathes, what nature designs, is all entirely inconsequential.

And of course, in keeping with my concept, the white mare in the distance means nothing to me. She is thickly built and beautiful in her own right; I cannot see her face, only the faint outline of her powerful form by the moonlight, but I picture her turning to face me with eyes alight and a passion in her gaze that I have long since lost.

All at once I feel a lust for her and a desire to tear her to the ground. I long to feel the grittiness of her flesh between my dull and rotting teeth; I yearn for the smooth feel of her flesh beneath mine. I cannot control my urges; the simple buildup of emotion is enough to heat the earth from where I stand, far enough away to be out of sight, silent enough to be out of earshot. I am unaware of the magic creeping across the steppe until I see it myself, glinting in the moonlight, seeping towards the mare and yawning hungrily at the face of her ergots. The metal is silent and slow moving in the face of the snowstorm, a rolling liquid the aims to envelop her ankles and freeze solid upon touching her skin. From the steel of the earth the chains that have become characteristic of my newfound skill form in silence as the mold settles and the fire dies.

Far from her I stand in silence, watching with the white, glazed eyes of a child that bears the mind and maturity of an adult. I find myself unsure as to why I am attempting to capture her- to make her mine, or to ensure that she will never be anyone's? My mine reels at the concept and the metal surges forth to match my mind. The small loops that aimed to confine her to the earth are not enough, and from the heated substance springs four more chains that reach upwards and around the previously unsuspecting mare. They cross each other in a perfect x formation, reaching over her middle back and diving back towards the earth from whence they came, hoping to chain her to it. Silence is broken at last as chains clang against each other in the cold, frostfall air- broken, too, is the spell upon my mind.

I have approached from behind slowly as my chains have flown through the air to meet their target, almost silent, seemingly cautious. The form of a child is replaced with that of a proud and strong stallion, one that watches another with intrigue and unmitigated, violent desire. I catch a glimpse of green that I recognize as her eyes, imagine them reflecte din the swirling white of my own. I examine her further, take in her plain figure, and picture her everywhere. In every moment of silence of loneliness, she is there- a vision in the snow, a beauty in white.

I become aware of the fact that I am breathing- I understand suddenly the chill that is beginning to take over my body and look down upon myself to see a coat growing thicker for winter. I am not what I imagined myself to be; neither is she. Around us the subtle snowstorm invades the air, covering me with a flurry of flakes, quickly chilling me to the bone. I watch the metal waiting for it to solidify as I commanded it to do; I hear it hiss in the cold.

[[WC: 739 || AS: Approaches from behind. Summons metal from the earth to move slowly across the ground and sneak up on her, attempting to form hoops around her ankles that will hopefully chain her to the ground. Begins to approach her from behind and shifts to potential form, at the same time summons four full fledges chain to fly up and wrap around her back from above. If successful the chains will form an x and melt back into the ground, keeping her there.]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The earth eyed mare was far from a creature of the grass, and her thick coat bristled and shifted in the chilled night air. Soft snow fell and rested on lashes that cradled them as gently as a child, and the breath that moved past her lips puffed in a white cloud that danced like silver in the bright moonlight. Did someone approach? Her ear slid back, listening for steps in the thick snow, but she realized this far too late.

A cold, metal chain wrapped itself around one of her forelegs as she was turning, but she danced to the side and avoided the metal on her other three limbs. She was trapped, but she was able to rotate three hundred and sixty degrees in either direction. Angered, harsh eyes spied a figure in the distance that grew. Hair sprouted from the most foul figure she had even laid eyes on, and her jaw dropped in disgust.

What could have made such a demon, and what did it want with her? No cries of fear or tender begging words moved past her lips, and she faced her foe with head held high, disgust and arrogance clear in her square, regal expression. Moonlit reflected off of two chains that flew through the air, and she watched, able to predict from their flight that they were aiming to cross around and trap her to her place. However, she would not allow this tactic to win like the other chain had.

She closed her eyes and pulled the snowstorm inward. Ice and harsh winds lifted her mane and embraced her body tightly, leaving an immobile, icy statue where the mare had been. A audible clank broke the silent night as chain met ice, holding a thick armor in place. Seconds passed with no sign of movement of change.

Suddenly, the crystal armor shattered in a glorious array of glassy ice, shards slicing through the air and landing with puffs on the snow. She sprang from her icy chamber, shooting out from under the metal chains that fell to the ground, fooled by ice. The mare puffed a breath of white and watched the foul monster, one leg still attached to the ground.

Dots of blood began to drop to the snow as she strained against the binding.

[385 words :: One magic use :: One of the chains caught her foreleg. She pulled up her ice armor when the chains started to wrap around her body. She pushed past the ice armor and darted out from under the chains to escape them ]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
I would like to cede first place to Heather automatically and allow her to win the competition, I'm happy enough filing in for second. Good competition everybody.
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.