the Rift

A Leader's Ear [Kri]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Thankfully, the sultana didn't seem to think less of him for his anger towards Ricochet. Maybe she was even appreciative of it; he was a soldier after all. It was in his job to fight and kill. Still, he knew that starting problems with another herd would be a regret, especially with the Unicorns lurking to the North. Despite his apathy for the buckskin, Leander knew that the Throat's bonds with other herds would need to be strong. There would be chaos in the future.

Lined pools laid intently on the leader as she spoke of relations with the Foothills. The words disappointed him. Was the new neighboring lead really bad enough to require their ties to be cut? In the face of battle, one less ally could be enough to cause defeat. With a look of neutrality, the stallion spoke. "I understand. I do worry for their safety as well, though, for Mauja's group is much closer to their land. Maybe we could send a diplomat to speak with them? There may be some good in that herd, even if it does not come from their leader." He spoke with careful, hesitant words, not wanting to overstep his boundaries. He was addressing his matriarch, and there was no telling if she would be offended by the forwardness of his suggestions. His gold frame stood in a relaxed, somewhat submissive stance, and a soft smile still hung on his lips. "I could go speak to them, if you wish. I tend to have a way with words, and would be able to defend myself should they become hostile." Again he glanced at those azure eyes, wondering what she'd make of his proposal.

The lady's next words had his grin broadening. He was beginning to like her more and more, even if she was not the completely rigid, stoic creature he'd thought. "I would have done the same, but I feared it may cause conflict between us and the Foothills. Though I do plan to find him again, when teaching him respect will not cause any problems for the Throat." He responded, the shine in his own pools not so different from Kri's. Their talk soon sombered again, and it was too hard to keep a smile when thinking of Mauja's group. The knowledge that Faelene still lingered in it was just another worry on his mind. The flaxen lead agreed with his suspicions, though she seemed much more at a loss as to what to do about it than he was. "You could assemble the herd for a meeting, and warn everyone about the ex-Edge's possible whereabouts. You could also encourage the citizens to travel in pairs whenever going outside the Throat, for safety. They would be able to disregard the warning, but they would at least be more informed. Making sure the soldiers are aware of where a possible attack may come from may also be beneficial." His tone was again cautious, though unwavering. He half-expected Kri to become cross with all his advice, to assume him arrogant or overly confident. Although he meant his suggestions only for the good of the herd, speaking to a leader so freely was not something he was used to.

Messages In This Thread
A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Kri - 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 10-13-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Kri - 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 10-20-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Kri - 11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM