the Rift

[OPEN] This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

"MOVE"

My voice is a scream, but I hardly hear it. I don't notice how it breaks and shatters on the wind which is racing all too quickly past my face. I don't notice how my eyes are nearly squeezed shut from the frigid blast of air that freezes my vision as the ground flies towards me (and I to it) at shocking and reckless speeds.

All I know is what is burned into my mind from seconds before.

If it weren't for Ivezho, I might have flown over all together. But his bright burning body was all too easy to spot, even from the height I was currently occupying. Even so, the mere presence of my twin might not have pulled me down from the skies. He is after all, allowed to live his own life. I no longer worry about him disappearing on me. He seems to have returned for real, as they say. But it was who was at his side - or rather whose side he was at - which forced me from the skies.

Glacia.

But not just Glacia. There were two bodies laying around her.

Two.

Twins. Just like Ivezho and I-.

My heart leaped into my throat as I hurtled towards the ground.

A father-

But why are there so many around her? I can't hear their voices yet but ... is something amiss? No - no, surely that's just parental anxiety (I'm going to be a Father! No! I am a Father! They are there! They!). I feel a little awkward suddenly, as if will shortly be the one who is intruding. But surely ... surely that is absurd? I am among ... I swallow hard as the thought strikes me squarely in the chest. I am among family. Ivezho, Glacia, our children. Those other faces that I don't recognize? They are the intruders. Happy ones perhaps, but if any are entitled to be here, it is me.

The ground is ridiculously close now, and if I don't pull up soon, I'll surely crash straight into the ground. My ever-burning wings pulse at my sides and I lean back. Part of me doesn't want to, for as my descent slows I know I am that much farther away from embracing the mother of my twins. 

Our twins.

However as I do begin to slow and the tears which had formed from the icy gales that pressed against me began to dissipate, I can finally see what it was that my heart must have noticed, even from such great heights.

One of them wasn't moving-

on of them -

oh gods no-

And so the word bled from my lips: MOVE.

My hooves crashed into the ground with my wings still splayed. I had no regard for any around me - even Ivezho. My eyes were only for Glacia and the 

twin.

My gut suddenly hardened, knotted, and seemingly tied itself into a bow with the realization of what I was looking at. "He's just-" I had almost died when I was born. If one of our healers hadn't been present my lung would have collapsed fully and I would have left the world after only one breath.

"A healer"

It was a whisper, as if my word could grab the mare who had saved my life and force her into reality, here and now. Nostrils flared, my panicked gaze looked at those assembled, dancing briefly on Ivezho with a wildfire sort of terror before looking back to Glacia. "HE NEEDS A HEALER." I dropped to my knees, forgetting the embrace which had danced on my wingtips, meant to wrap around Glacia for her part in this. It lay dead around my hooves, just like this foal. But I wouldn't believe it - he was like me. He just needed someone to take the time ... someone to - "-WHY ARE NONE OF YOU MOVING? WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOTTEN A HEALER?" I scarcely sound like myself. The part of Gaucho which makes my words rough and booming is now present, but I command none of the might that my Father does. I cannot demand that others simply act, nor can I bide a healer to arrive at my beck and call. I can do nothing and yet I cast my gaze around at those present, my eyes accusing them for the letting-die of this child.

-my child-

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

Messages In This Thread
RE: This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing] - by Rhoa - 02-19-2016, 09:29 PM