the Rift

Hope as Far as One Can See

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
There was an agreement between them now; her and the nameless foal. Good, she thought, more at peace that she had the space to breath. When she let out the word ‘boat’ the excitement in the winged girl’s eyes had started to boil. But alas, there was a contrast going on, flowing from the other side.  

The winter wind was pushing her withers, yet it was not their frosty stare she felt but rather the frozen girl’s. It seemed she wasn’t the agreeing type. Maren looked up from her healthy bargaining, but did not react to the outburst of the mare, was simply to exhausted to deal with the rightfulness of the world, although the I-hate-Maren club would certainly want to have her. Maren did, after all, not make the kind of judgement December believed her to have done. In any kind of scenario, she wouldn't be the one to call one dumb and if something close enough to such unfortunate happenings really would be the case, she wouldn't need to point anything out at all — It would be obvious. No one really liked to point at the tragedy's of the world, after all. Such cases were better off ignored. “If you'd looked past the smoke of your gun, you would have seen that I was actually being rather polite about it. As I am.” She pointed out in only a slightly agitated way, her eyes silent as always as her golden stare judged December’s anger. There was nothing wrong with the way Maren did or did not uphold the rules she made with ones below her age or rank if both parties agreed. In the end it all came down to respect, to give and take. And, even when the Diviner didn’t care to be pouted at by a mare seemingly at war with the world, the girl should know Maren wasn’t merely a toy who could play the part of her enemy whenever she wanted (She would remember).

The kid had snorted at the mention of a boat. A happy sign, Maren assumed as she was glad she had won over the foal's heart. Well then Maren surely shouldn't tell the foal that she would become one of the few she had ever taken out sailing with her. Wouldn't want to give the young thing a seizure. Yet, as she watched the girl, for some reason it made her warm inside, as well. Maybe because she didn't normally do nice things — didn't normally care to.  December, however, still wasn't convinced, which she hid in a apology.

She pulled up her nonexistent eyebrows to better crown the quietly growing curiosity in her expression. “Treating her inappropriately? If you truly believe that, well...,” there wasn’t much she could do about that, so she smiled showing mild amusement. She spread her feathered hands, wide, as if wanting to embrace the whole of the wintery world and the shadowy bushes in the corners of her eyes all at once. Tiny snowflakes feathered down before her eyes. “Welcome to the world, girl.” She said, before resting her wings once more next to her alabaster cheeks. “The one place where the cruel happens to the undeserved and the undeserved happens to the cruel — But who cares, anyway, when even you don’t seem to think this filly deserves the pleasantry of a boat-ride.”

In the end they were all just a bunch of hypocrites.
At least I am not in denial.

Then she turned her striped neck back to the kid, who had gone in sudden inspiration, but had now come back with treasure. It was quite unclear what the filly had been doing, since she had run off out of the blue. Yet, it surely was something, since the way she had moved was focused; in search of something, almost. In search of what exactly, she started to question as she looked at the lump of frozen earth hanging from her mouth as she was coming back. But Ru let go of it before Maren's hooves, happily. Nevertheless, it had something to do with their trade, at least that was obvious. Was this her part of the bargain, then, was this her name?

“...- Something to do with Roots?” December offered after a chuckle, and Maren agreed. “You’re not joking around are you,” she huffed after giving the victorious looking kid a look, shrugging, but finally letting a smile ripple the skin around her lips. “Well then, you should come with me if you’d like to make sure I won’t run off myself.” she joked, but glanced sideways at December to see... Well. Then, however, she forgot about her and focused herself on the Roots-girl. “My boat waits for me at the ocean separating the Dragon’s Throat from the mainland. We’ll sail a bit and then I’ll bring you ashore, unless by then you decide the Hidden Falls calls to you after all. I would be able to bring you there by the river as well.” In the end, it wasn't her choice to make. And she wouldn't, not even if it really meant winning. Deep down she knew it would all feel empty and meaningless again tonight, anyway. A little bit less alone, perhaps, but the sentimentality that rose in her chest was her que to go, so she did.

Would the foal have agreed to follow, she would turn around and look back to wait in case she wanted to say goodbye to the mare from the Falls. Would she not agree, well… Maren would still turn around, just without looking back.    

""

image credits

@Ru Sorry for the wait ; v ; Maren is leaving after this

Let me know if you want to join (or simply want a boating thread, which is also totally fine by me!) so that I know if I need to get your rank updated! <3
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-12-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-13-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-14-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-16-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-17-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by December - 02-18-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Maren - 02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
RE: Hope as Far as One Can See - by Ru - 02-26-2016, 01:34 AM