the Rift

[PRIVATE] her heart like a crystal [Ivezho]

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
Ivezho
I never left you on purpose - had he heard those words before? Or had he been the one to say them before? Had they been excuse, his reason, given to his brother, his sister, his friends, when his mother had taken him away from everything he knew?

He realised now how it must've sounded to them, how inadequate it tasted, how it left a bitter, sour aftertaste, how dissatisfied he was with it, how it just wasn't enough - but then, it left him feeling helpless, hopeless too, because she couldn't help it and neither could he.

A great wave of guilt rolled through him for his selfish thoughts, his dissatisfaction - if she couldn't help, and nor could he (or his father), how could he blame her? How could he want to throw abuse at her, deny her the affection his heart longed to give her, over something entirely out of any of their controls?

He couldn't, and so, he didn't.

Ivezho leaned into her embrace, losing himself amongst her pale locks before moving so that his strong nape curled over hers, his broad wings folding around her own petite form. She was never so small, he thought softly, or else I was just smaller at the time.

She asked him the season, the time - how much time had passed? Ivezho thinks, before holding her tightly to his chest as she broke down into the sadness that shook her body, trying to wrack his own mind at when the last time was that he saw her, held her - and it scared him to realise the truth of it.

"It is Frostfall," he said quietly, his voice hushed - the truth he spoke was a harsh one, better for him to whisper it than shout. "It's been at least.. Two years. Two years, mother." He was almost pleading with her, begging her to understand the hurt he felt at having to be the one to tell her this - how was it fair for the son to tell the mother the full extent her absence had affected him, their family?

"I have.. many more siblings," and none of them with you for their mother. Quieter still, he spoke again, fearing that she would pull away from him at them, not stopping her if she did. The Wildfire had hardly been monogamous when was here, her absence only fuelled the ascended one's desire to spread his seed - and yet, despite the distaste Ivezho had held for Gaucho's nature before, he almost wanted to defend it here, now - he almost thought he could understand it.

But that didn't make his job of messenger boy any easier.

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Sohalia

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
her heart like a crystal [Ivezho] - by Sohalia - 02-14-2016, 04:59 PM
RE: her heart like a crystal [Ivezho] - by Ivezho - 02-15-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: her heart like a crystal [Ivezho] - by Ivezho - 02-15-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: her heart like a crystal [Ivezho] - by Ivezho - 02-20-2016, 09:30 PM