the Rift

[OPEN] Falling Awake

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
i never meant to wither

i wanted to be tall
My time with Ilios in the threshold had been quite fruitful. I obtained much information about the past events I missed between leaving and arriving once again, these lands, while feeling no different, surly undergoing such change that I wouldn't be able to recognize the power flowing through it anymore. From the inhabitants. From the Gods themselves. It was a shorter walk through the maze of the forest than I would have cared to admit liking; I enjoyed my time with Ilios and all the talking he did to humor me. I feel caught up, if not a bit caught out, but definitely have a stronger understanding of everything Helovia endured. I was little surprised in all that Ilios had revealed to me: the Goddess' murders, the fight with Rift Gods, continued loss of life and bloodshed. Not much had really changed.

After we parted ways, him heading off to his home and me promising to visit him in the Throat, I felt the need to see these lands against for myself. To cross their bodies, to refamiliarize myself with the lands I once used to call home... it felt a tad surreal. They hadn't much changed visually, and neither had I, but on the inside we were both different than when we last met. Adella flew overhead on the currents she once knew and loved, wings stretched out wide in the chilly air. I pushed through the thicket of trees to be shown a wide, inviting field. I remembered this place, the times I spent racing through them with Adella. It was covered when I saw it again, but I knew it was the one.

My hooves crunched beneath me as I made my way through, wading in the snow and the flowers that seemed to lose all their color blanketed in white. My thoughts drifted to the lands surrounding me, the four of the Gods' and the ideals each held. I mindlessly wondered if the Basin was still stuck in its ways of varying racism, then to the Throat with their requirement of keys before being allowed in. Like an invitation. I didn't get too far in the reminiscing before Adella mentally pointed ahead of us, toward the ground beneath some overhanging trees. There was someone laying beneath them, small, rather alone in the wide world of the meadow. Adella was rather eager to see another face--our months of solitude did no good for either of us. So I nodded deftly and continued my walk in that direction.

I drew nearer with a smile to show my offer of friendship, bowing my head slightly in greeting as Adella landed upon my back and looked with an outstretched neck toward the resting girl. Glancing back behind me, I wistfully sighed under my breath. "Thistle Meadow... It has been some time since I have seen this place." I turned back to her, giving her my full attention then. "I am Isi. And this is Adella. It is a pleasure to meet you." I kept my standing position but lowered my head respectfully, eyes quite fixated on her horns for a reason I didn't exactly know.
Isi + Adella
/ image

@Elspeth
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Falling Awake - by Elspeth - 02-15-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Falling Awake - by Isi - 03-18-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: Falling Awake - by Graasvoel - 03-18-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: Falling Awake - by Elspeth - 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM