the Rift

A Pocket Full of Blossoms

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I, too, am taking a trip.

Whether I was invited or simply stalking, I made the conscious decision to follow the boy and Czar when they left the Hidden Falls. Being crippled by my pain and taught to stay hidden by my father I made no attempt to catch up, instead allowing myself to live in the trail that Kaj and the older boy left in their wake.

He, that boy, is unfamiliar to me but not entirely so. He smells of home and surely is of it; perhaps I've seen him in passing. No, certainly--at a meeting, I must have. Kaj, too, is known to me. The leader with the wide wings that seem white and shining, other times gold.

When I arrive, my careful steps cease in silence. The horned colt moves to the stranger with overflowing exuberance, but I take more care. I have practiced silence so long and cannot find a reason to break its embrace now. I nose the rough and icy tree bark, step quietly towards the filly. She seems to just younger than I, and not much smaller. Her wings, dipped in coal and beautifully spread for a moment, capture my attention more than anything else. The fire sparks, the warmth of it spreads, but still it's her wings that I watch.

I let my fellow colt speak and rush forth before moving into the scene, saying nothing but acting on instinct. With a velveteen nose I reach out, hoping to nose the dark feathers folded by her sides and exhaling a cold puff of air towards the other boy from my herd. My tail, a curly white mop, flicks up and about in quiet excitement. Is this why he has come here, to meet this young filly? And why has she, smelling so foreign, flown to this welcoming wood? My golden eyes shimmer and burn with questions that I will not ask, and I instead wait to see how the others will respond to my presence.

""

image credits

@Akeli :)

Messages In This Thread
A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 02-16-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Murtagh - 02-16-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Kaj - 02-25-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 03-15-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Murtagh - 03-30-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 04-17-2016, 01:15 PM