the Rift

A Pocket Full of Blossoms

Akeli Posts: 13
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 2 Seasons (Ages in Birdsong)
Gremlin :: Common Genet :: None Noella
akeli

"Murtagh!" she trills, repeating his name excitedly. It thrills her that the child is so animated. It calms any remaining fears, and her amusement further blossoms as he introduces the other colt. Though she has no name to call him by, it doesn't matter. A friend is a friend.

Though, when the nameless colt recoils so harshly, it unsettles her. She does not proceed forward, or cower in response to his behavior. Instead she stands steadily, unwilling to waver and cause further discomfort to the air. It is not a rude response, nor heartless. She watches him retreat, and makes sure she doesn't laugh at the way he tumbles. Though many would find the clumsiness of a startled foal cute, the girl knew that fear was nothing to laugh at. It is then, for the first time, that she notices his malformed extremity, and she does not judge. She waits until he is by the side of those he finds comfort in, and her voice, warm and soft, bubbles forward. "I am sorry," she says, genuine in her remorse, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I hope you can forgive me." Though young, she seems to have compassion beyond her years. Her mother sculpted her innocence and child-like kindness into something that would grow as she aged instead of wilt. Akeli would be sure to not repeat the mistake, and would respect his space as he so required. 

Golden eyes brighten as the joviality somewhat returns to the air, and she meets the unicorn boy's enthusiasm with matched vigor. "I would love to meet your family! Are there lots of horses? Maybe I can learn from your healers!" Though settling down wasn't the initial plan, she certainly wouldn't say no to meeting others. "Lots of moms are different! My mother was nervous for me to go on my journey, and I miss her a lot, but she wants me to learn lots of stuff. Besides," she leans close, golden eyes twinkling deviously, her next words nearly a whisper, "Now I don't even have a bedtime." 

Follow them home? It was a different route, as she wanted to learn all about the world. Would she still be allowed to explore if she was a member of a herd? She nearly shrugged her narrow shoulders at the thought, knowing if they were too strict she could simply sneak away into the night. But how could she turn away the idea of friends? The young unicorn colt seemed wonderful, and despite his silence, she wished to win the quiet colt's friendship, as well. Well then, it was settled. Her head swings towards the golden King, lips pulled back in an exuberant smile. "Please?" The word is drawn out and irresistible, alive with youth and the expectation for a wonderful adventure. "I promise I'll behave. I just want to learn plenty, and make new friends! And if you are all this nice, I can't imagine how nice everyone is back where you live!"

Certainly the great czar had no idea what he was in for should he accept the young filly into his home. If the children would form a trio of troublemakers, who could blame them? Though they may become thick as thieves or drift apart like the blossoms of a blooming apple tree, there was nothing more exciting that closing the opening chapter of a book, and seeing where the story would take them.
I know I'm going out of order, but at least this way if Kaj accepts, it'll close this thread nicely and Operation: 3 Fallskateers can commence! Also, sorry it's not the greatest. I'm just losing threshold muse ;)
With grace in her heart,
& flowers in her hair.
image credits

@Kaj @Murtagh ~
[Image: _gift__akeli_pixel_by_abbie1234-d9po0qh_zps6qympgzb.png]
Please tag Akeli in all posts || Permission for magic and force at all times, except in cases of permanent injury or death.

Messages In This Thread
A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 02-16-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Murtagh - 02-16-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Kaj - 02-25-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 03-15-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Murtagh - 03-30-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 04-17-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Kaj - 04-19-2016, 05:09 PM