A Pocket Full of Blossoms

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

{the stormbringer}
every day I'm cast away, a vagabond
battle born</style>

The silent child sways, skittering away like dry leaves on cracked pavement, something like demons lingering in the corners of his eyes where wrinkles of cheer should lay. His terror as he gazes up at Kaj is palpable, and vile for the Czar to swallow. His eyes leave the nestled bosom buddies near the fire to the flash of light across wet optics, a soft encouraging smile taking place across the frown he wants to let his lips fold into. It would do no good to frighten the child any further. "Are you alright?" It's not as if the babe can answer, but it's a rather rhetorical question regardless. "Be careful," he reminds softly, allowing his ears and eyes to return to Akeli as she speaks to him - both out of respect for her acknowledgement and to keep the shadow of a child from feeling overwhelmed or pressured by Kaj's attention. He remembers how it was to want that layer of invisibility, and he will let it settle like evening shadows across the folds of Milo's warped body, if it will garner any microscopic measure of safety or security for the boy. 

Her name is Akeli, and she is an excitable, precious child. Kaj cannot help but smile fondly down upon her, wondering why the world was so cruel and vacant to those so young. Wondering why it was always he who found these lost and wayward orphans, when he knew he would love and love and love them until their malnourished bodies swelled beneath his affection, only to leave and disappear, never to return or recall the cadence of his name. They broke the heart he used to heal them, and yet he was helpless to turn them away.

"No, I am not king of these particular lands, but I am a king nonetheless. There is a forest to the east called the Hidden Falls, and that is where I rule." The Czar was a gentle and patient tutor, and happily bore the weight of her constant questions. Young minds were generally naturally inquisitive, and he would feed her curiosity readily if it meant he could protect her while she was so clearly alone in the forest. It clearly affects her, as she admits to her loneliness and the smile crests and shatters on her young face. Kaj sighed softly and tilted his head in a nod. "Yes, I do get very lonely. But then I look to my herd, and remind myself that I'm not alone, even if I feel like it." A white lie if there ever was one, but the life of a ruler was different. Removed. Kaj tilted his muzzle towards those gathered around her.

"Just as you were lonely, but now you are surrounded by new friends." Kind blue eyes crinkle at the edges with a smile. Murtagh is quick to jump in, a recruiter born and bred if there ever was one, and Akeli is even quicker to beg Kaj for his approval. A deep belly laugh escapes him in response, amused by the interaction. 

"Of course you may come home with us. The head Healer is my best friend, I can introduce you if you'd like?" She had mentioned learning the healing arts after all. Whether or not she would really return home, or if her mother had abandoned her with false lies...only time would tell. "Come, it's a long journey. We best get started."

- - -

Woo! I can post in rank updates for you :)

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 02-16-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Murtagh - 02-16-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Kaj - 02-25-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 03-15-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Murtagh - 03-30-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Akeli - 04-17-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: A Pocket Full of Blossoms - by Kaj - 04-19-2016, 05:09 PM