the Rift

resting {ophelia}
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia watched the way the slate painted mare's lips wrinkled in an expression that she took as a soft smile, and the crimson fringed white returned the smile. As she spoke, Phi listened, feeling the uncertainty in her soul fade to joy, and the smile on her lips and the sparkle in her eyes brightened. The pale hybrid understood Tor's fears intimately, as she remembered being attacked by a gryphon on the Tides. Without her sister and a brave stallion, they would be dead. Strength favored numbers, and as outcasts, these numbers were a luxury.

When Tor paused, Ophelia remained quiet, patiently waiting for the feathered mare to collect her thoughts. She agreed with Tor's suggestions and also considered her question, returning her smile with a bright one of her own. "Even without the band of greys, I would always help you, Tor," she replied gently. "You are right, however. We will have strength when we are unified, and if others begin using our services, then we will hopefully have items and other protections as well."

"My sister and I have taken to meeting in the Deep Forest, so I would plan on having the shelter of the trees be our meeting place. If you come across any individual you believe would be an asset to our group, I would have you ask them to join. Already, we are gathering a few, and we should have our first gathering shortly." Ophelia relayed all of this information directly, but kindly. She was an efficient creature of total, detailed memory. Then, her eyes flitted back to her new, healer friend.

"I would enjoy getting to know you as well, Tor," she replied beginning to walk along the soft sands of the beach. Her cloven hooves sank into the grains, and the roar of the ocean became a soft lull on the salty winds. "Only my sister knows me deeply, but I will be transparent to you. I trust you, which is not something that I can say about many." The crimson and pale wraith was indeed secretive. "If you have a question, I will answer."

Tinek, the silver dragon, realized that he was being left behind and scampered up to his bonded's side. With a great flap of his young wings, he lurched into the air and landed on Ophelia's neck, talons grabbing hold of her mane for balance. Soon, he would be much too large for such antics, but for now, he was a small child. "I am not a warrior either," she replied, recalling Tor's earlier words. "Though my father is a great warrior and my sister is swiftly following in his steps, I never took to war. If I put my mind to the task, I am sure that I would be able to gain the skills, but I much prefer battles of the mind." Ophelia's chime-like voice danced on the wind gently.

She hesitated, wondering if Tor would be the first other besides her sister to know her secret? Should she share? Would that be safe? With brows deeply furrowed, she continued slowly. "My... I was born with a mind unlike any other," she said carefully. "I am able to remember every sight, sound, taste, touch, smell and emotional that I have ever experienced. When I look at this beach, I can recall how it looked when I was still a child. The dunes have shifted with the wind, and the crevices in the rocks are deeper. When I was here as a child, I tried to make a colt named Jackal feel better, and my sister was still crippled. I remember feeling useless when Jackal rebuffed my attempts to help, and I returned to my sister, knowing that I would always be able to confide in her." The memories flowed from her lips like water from a river - smoothly, steadily. Her eyes were distant. "The smell of the ocean was strong. It was Frostfall, but warmer than it is this year."

Ophelia's eyes returned to the present, and she sheepishly glanced at Tor. "To recount the events of my life would take as many years as I am old, for I remember it all. Even pain."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
resting {ophelia} - by Tor - 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Ophelia - 10-14-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Tor - 10-14-2012, 10:27 AM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Ophelia - 10-20-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Tor - 10-20-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: resting {ophelia, open} - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: resting {ophelia} - by Tor - 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: resting {ophelia} - by Ophelia - 10-27-2012, 01:06 AM
RE: resting {ophelia} - by Tor - 10-27-2012, 08:55 AM