the Rift

[OPEN] Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

This trunked creature was a wonder but MAN the trumpeting noise she made when she got hit with the flying piece of egg shrapnel - made me jump right out of my skin! My green eyes were bulging as I turned to look at her but, luckily, it just appeared to be the surprise of the thing.

And then someone certainly started to change their tune! Which was perfect because I was having a little bit of a crisis and no matter how pretty this boy’s eyes were, having him frown while he loomed overhead wasn’t going to help. He explained that having a companion was “entertaining” and “gratifying” which weren’t exactly the most encouraging words because that’s how I describe most of my meals. And I wasn’t about to eat this little creature.

“Name it!” Like it was a child! “Oh I can feel her, I think she’s hungry.” Oh. “HER!” I exclaimed as I made this connection, as though I just knew it. The “bird” squawked in response, wiggling out of the rest of the marbled shell and coming toward the sound on my voice. Uh.. waddling? Toward the sound? Honestly I have no idea how to describe how the creature was moving or how to describe HER because her front half is a bird and her back half is a puppy. There’s a tiny little tail wagging and it coos as it - uh, she -  looks between the three faces.

“Oh my gumdrops is that not the cutest thing you’ve ever seeeen?!” I start prancing on the spot a little bit, and then lower my head to sniff at the… thing and let it sniff me too. All of the uncertainty has just POOFED and I’m grinning like a damn fool when I look back up to Tembovu, as he introduced himself, and little Mbwene. Well if I just don’t love everyone here right now!

I need to give Mbwene a present. I turn my head back and flick my tail forward so that I can grasp a few of the strands with my teeth. A quick jerk and a couple of them come loose - bright red as I turn back and offer them to the little (elephant). “That’s peppermint,” I explain - I’m not just some nutter that goes around handing out strands of hair to companions for no good reason. I’m Johnny and this… is… Jellybean!” She chirps at me as I say her name which pretty much makes it official.

WOO YOU GOT JOHNNY'S 100TH POST
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching] - by Johnny - 02-20-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching] - by Tembovu - 02-21-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching] - by Johnny - 02-21-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching] - by Tembovu - 02-23-2016, 02:28 AM
RE: Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching] - by Johnny - 02-24-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Jumpin' Jumpin' [Hatching] - by Tembovu - 03-01-2016, 11:57 PM