the Rift

[OPEN] What's this? What's this? There's bodies everywhere

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

Like so often when I was needed, I was asleep. I like my cave, you know, but during the day I like to sleep out in the open - picking and making a new snow-nest every time. I’m so happy that the snows have come back to the Basin! Birdsong and all that junk is pretty or whatever but I prefer the winter. There’s not a good bed of foliage in the Basin to get a good nest going in the other months (not that I don’t sleep on the crafting materials in that cave) but in the winter, for a couple hours at a time, I can make a nice cozy bed in the snow. It’s perfect! It forms perfectly to my body. I don’t have to worry about bugs and all that bothering me - just the occasional small mammal and the mice are usually so wary that they don’t take more than a nibble.

What made today’s nap an even better one (and one I was even more upset about when it was interrupted) was that there was a little… thing curled up on my back as I slept. I still don’t quite understand what Jellybean is but she’s my companion and I love her. She sleeps even more than I do! Normally I keep her tucked away in the bag on my shoulder but she had crawled out and nestled into my side instead - basking in the patch of sunlight there.

Do you have any idea how peaceful it was to sleep with your companion?

Until one of your herd mates starts HOLLERING. I almost roll over onto Jellybean I was so startled at the urgency in those bellows. I recognized the voice, of course -  Öde was a hard stallion to forget.

He just has the most lovely set of…. eyes.

Well, nap time was definitely over so I carefully get up - Jellybean sliding awkwardly into the soft fleece bag at my side - and set off to find our caller. Ah, there he is. “Over here, Öde!” I shout at him as I jog over - which is an awful lot of exercise right after a nap. Boy better appreciate!

Of course, it’s right about now that it clicked what he had been hollering about and I stop dead in my tracks. “Wait what do you mean you found a wolf? I don’t want to go see a wolf?!” What kind of date was this?

[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's this? What's this? There's bodies everywhere - by Johnny - 02-24-2016, 08:33 PM