the Rift

[OPEN] White Winter Hymnal

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

Yes indeed, d’Arcy liked to think herself so grown up but the little filly was far from it. Half a year was not nearly long enough to learn all that the world had to teach, but the girl was getting a sharp lesson, two lessons in fact. One, solitude could be dangerous at the wrong time, and two, her mother wan’t as good as she had imagined.

When Nyx had told d’Arcy and Libertad that she would be leaving the edge for a time, the little shadow had not been overly concerned. She didn’t need to nurse anymore, and could wish for no better company than her brother; the two spent plenty of time trying to sneak away from their mother’s watchful gaze anyway and her short absence would be like a little vacation from restriction. For a time it had been, until her more outgoing twin had galavanted off to god-knows-where and d’Arcy had found herself caught in a snowstorm. Her carefree streak of independence came to a crashing halt as panic set in, and with it, a bitter lump of anger. How could Nyx have left her like this? What kind of mother just sent galavanting off when her daughter needed her? It did not occur to the girl that her mother could not have predicted the weather, in her eyes this was a betrayal, one that hurt her, one that would callous her heart.

The filly was shaking like a leaf and on the verge of tears when she heard a shout through the snow. She spun, heart racing un in a spike of relief when she saw a grey figure moving toward her and falling again when it was not the General. A mare she did not know loomed out of the blinding white snow, calling her and luckily she was not yet so attached to her childish pride that it trumped self-preservation. She hurried forward, only to jump back in surprise when a pale figure appeared too. The second mare had been hard to spot in the blizzard but after her initial retreat the filly moved forward to take the protection the pair offered.

She scampered through the snow and under the shelter created by the outstretched wings of the hybrid, and nestled herself between the two mares where most of the wind and snow was blocked. “Th-th-Thank you.” she mumbled, teeth chattering. Cobalt eyes lifted, shifting back and forth between the mares until she was assured enough of their continued guardianship that fear could give way to despair. Tears gleamed and the girl shut her eyes again them as her breath hitched “W-why did she leaaave?”.

"."
@Dacianna @Auriel
d'arcy
wear your heart on your cheek
but never on your sleeve
unless you wanna taste defeat
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Messages In This Thread
White Winter Hymnal - by d'Arcy - 02-20-2016, 10:00 PM