the Rift

[OPEN] all you never say

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
There's still a fire in my heart, my darling,
But I'm not burning for you

“Hmm?” she said with an absent mind to whoever just shouted her name until the cogs started to turn and realisation slowly dawned on her face. “Oh! Alysanne!” she exclaimed, stopping her humming to greet the painted Pegasus who had been kind enough to heal her and offer her a home. Dacianna remembered clearly the pain she had felt that dreadful day and the relief when it had been magically lifted from her. Right now, however, she suddenly became quite aware of her dishevelled appearance in front of a new friend and found herself cursing silently that this was the image she was presenting. Yet, if these Edge horses should know something of her then perhaps it was fitting that her disregard to her own appearance was one of the fine traits of Dacianna. She resisted the urge to sigh at herself, instead smiling at the mare that offered a warm muzzle and the roan also extended her own. For the first time her golden gaze rose upwards to see the owl so very comfortably sat between two fluffy ears and a warm feeling welled up from her chest feeding the urge to say ’awww’. How cute they were.

“You too” she chimed, remembering that the healer too had had her own injuries that day to contend with. It was comforting to know Alysanne had made it back to her home that was now Dacianna’s home also. “Oh please don’t, you did more than enough for me, a simple stranger” she brushed off the mare’s apology that only added more to Daci’s own sense of guilt. Why was she apologising? This mare had no duty of care towards her. “Did you find your daughter?” she asked with worry filling her voice.

She remembered the appaloosa on the beach that had fallen to his knees in grief over losing his own child… What if this too had happened to Alysanne?! Once again she found herself pondering furiously why on earth these Helovian Gods had opened the Rifts?! Why would they hurt their own like this?  Dacianna was not worth the life of somebody’s child; she’d rather of died in the Rift than cause such chaos, but then… Was that selfish thinking? Was it insensitive? Should she take the life she had been gifted and live it without remorse, if so, how? How?

The roan buried her thoughts for the moment to wait on the healers reply “quite well, I still feel like a stranger here, but I’ve never felt more welcome in a herd before” she admitted. Perhaps one day, maybe after a few seasons, this misty abode will begin to feel more like home and less like just a place she was staying.

snuggles @Alysanne
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Messages In This Thread
all you never say - by Dacianna - 02-21-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: all you never say - by Alysanne - 03-01-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: all you never say - by Dacianna - 03-03-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: all you never say - by Alysanne - 03-15-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: all you never say - by Dacianna - 04-12-2016, 09:03 AM