the Rift

Deliver Us! [Open]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
I've grown weary of this form and this life of undeath alongside your vivacious, glowing form. Each breath you take in the night brings to me pangs of deep seated envy- it is a struggle to balance my hatred for you with the loving connection that I've found I have with you and cannot sever. The bond is undesired and troublesome, but as you grow larger with each passing day and the paws that once tripped you with their weight now seem to fit your increasing size, I feel diminished in your presence. Your shoulders align with mine and your strides, while equal in length, hold behind them much more strength and affirmation than mine. When you rear up to play, with your striped banner waving behind you and your clawed paws batting eagerly towards me, I find myself fearing the weight of your form when it falls across my body. You are stronger than I- younger and less powerful, yet stronger. I find it maddening.

And as you master the ability to hypnotize, and the prey that you once lumbered painstakingly after now bends to your will as you murder it masterfully, making use of the assassin's grace and wisdom that I once imparted to you upon our first outing, I am left staggering behind in the swamps of the dead.

So on this day that I discover my newest talent, I'm simply overcome with, well... something other than my usual state of apathy. Each day when we race down the aisles of this world, chase each other through the tall grasses of these unknown plains and trip through unknown waters that we dare to call our own, you prevail. But at last the bones lose their brittle quality beneath my flesh, which feels firm and new under the spell of my potential. The hooves that once frayed fill out and form red daggers- the horn that once erected itself broken spirals tall and proud. Long waves of thin, silken red and black mane and tail grace the earth with an easy touch that matches the breeze. At last, I pull ahead.

I am as I once was supposed to be, and I need not say a word to you for the message to be understood. Before you towers a glorious unicorn stallion, decked out in the splendorous garb of the living. Before me rests a young tiger, with eyes of fire that trap my very soul with this wretched power of love. Together, we turn out and look across the lands before us, potential personified, gazing into the raw materials of our future.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Soft steps in the fallen leaves, labored breath in the dingy air. I moved slowly through the Threshold, laboring under the oppressive heat, my sides heaving as displeased breaths left my mouth. The darkness of the Threshold was not enough to keep out the warmth of the drought. Strange smells buffeted me today, foreign and oddly predatory; I lifted my head into the sky, seeking more knowledge from the stagnant breeze, but this was all it availed to me. The cracking of dried leaves permeated the otherwise overwhelming silence, twigs snapping under my hooves sending uncomfortable echoes through murky air. Nowhere was pleasant anymore. Nowhere was safe from the Sun's wrath.

I ventured forward, pursuing the hope of finding some solace from the heat. It alarmed me, how desperately the Sun God sought to punish us of the Earth, of the Moon – even the unaligned. The sun itself was part of the reason I ventured here. Newcomers, I thought, deserved a warning, a caution against the sun's wrath and the dried water sources, the murderous heat that pounded upon those denizens too foolish to leave Helovia's seductive grasp. I would not scare them off, per se, just warn them to be cautious here. Give them knowledge. Knowledge is power.

There, that smell, the dark smell of predator accompanied by something... something wrong. I frowned, dark brow furrowing in anxious confusion. It was alarming, but somehow, not threatening. I stepped forward, pale tassel slashing the putrid air, eyes seeking the source of the aroma. There – a stallion, horned, painted, with a large cat resting at his feet. At one time, I would have been alarmed by the tiger's presence, but time and exploration had opened my mind. No, what caused me to hesitate was the offness of this pair. Something in their smell, something I couldn't place....

I stepped forward, face calm though my mind still pondered. “Hello, stranger.” My voice was distant and distracted, the statement hung in warm air, and I frowned slightly. It must be this heat that left me so fuddled, so unable to place this aroma. The heat was getting to my head. It needed to be stopped.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Knowledge was a drug. It was not the first time the mare had yearned to know something about another. Her thoughts were shared not only by her dragon on this day, but evidently her sister. A smile was kept hidden, though Mirage knew her beloved siblings would feel, for they could never hide anything from each other. Merely strides behind her moonlit form, the charcoal mare stood before them, her cloak forgotten for now, her golden gaze roaming over the new creatures before her. The tiger, she could see, would not grow as large as a tiger should, just as Akaith would not grow as large as a dragon might. Swiftly the sharp mare surmised that they were bonded, not dissimilarly to the way she and Akaith were. And just as swiftly, her interest in the unicorn steed rose.

“Greetings.” Her melodic, warm voice ventured forth from her maw, the accent that tainted her speech evident even in that single word. The golden dragon that shared her heart and soul fluttered amongst the trees above, chirruping her own quiet greeting. “Let us be less strange, sister.” Affectionately she looked to Rishima, before tilting her tiara and nodding to the young steed before them. “I am Mirage.” As she spoke her name, a shimmering cloak enveloped her body, though it lasted no more than a second. Her magic was her favourite toy, you see. “Who might you be?” Gently her tones obtained a questioning edge, though it was only subtle, the mare wasn’t much for expressing herself openly.

[Guh, is yuck post >_< Next one will get betterer! ]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

As much as I speak to you, you cannot reply. You never have and I expect that you never will- the day that you answer me is the day that I die, and we both know that's not bound to happen in this falsity of a lifetime. So when the mares appear from the eternal and oppressive light that beats upon my moonlit magic form and threatens to tear down the illusion of my vitality, I do not bother to ask you about them.

For I've found that, perhaps by simply being alive yourself, you're more astute when it comes to others. Where I am distant and awkward, you are charismatic and approachable. You appear as an unthreatening cub in the face of any who seem unthreatening to your keen senses. But mine are dulled with decomposition. I scent nothing and see through a thick haze of pus; I hear over the squirming sound of the maggots in my ears. Even now, when the magic dispels such hinderances, I am haunted by the memory of their presence and turn to your judgement. As much as I despise the dependency upon you, I'm not one to deny one's talents when they're liable to come in handy.

And then the two mares, black as the night that has escaped this land under the Sun God's hoof, speak to each other, speak to me, speak to us, I leave a long silence as if expecting you to fill it. But it's a vain hope; all you serve to do is step protectively before me and curiously towards the younger of the two- the calmer. She shimmers and my red gaze flickers with hesitation as I become aware of the magic that cloaks her. Perhaps the mare and I are not too dissimilar, then. But to show them me, as I truly am... would that be wise?

There's a nudge at my ankle and your gaze meets mine with a spark that seems almost knowing- I wonder if you know my thoughts. I wonder if you're intelligence is matching mine, if you're answering me in your own way. The length of my mane shortens for a few moments, an injured rib pokes through the perfected flesh of my youthful, living hide, and the eyes flicker white.

Stranger, she had called me. The mask returns and I appear bold before them, a stallion both handsome and confident. No, we are simply strangers here, despite your easy steps closer to the younger one, and the gentle, dangerous flicks of your tail towards the older one, beckoning her gaze to yours with your power of trance. Your skill with the power of hypnosis has increased over these few months, but in my solitude, it is rare that I see you make use of it. Your golden eyes pierce the pair as you stand before them and stretch your jaws to show your white teeth. As if timed, I speak as your predator's lips part. My words come out cleanly, the usual rasp of my tone smoothed out by magic.

"Dead," I utter with a slow blink, my eyes turning a milky white beneath the lids. "Dead, and quite tired of it."

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Familiar scent, the aroma of my sister; my lip curled in a smile; of course she was here. Her curiosity was no less than my own, and this stallion with his great young cat presented a pillar of questions... but which questions, I was not sure. "Sister," I greeted the ebony mare now at my side, fondness in my eyes. Attention returned to the painted steed; a small snort emitted in response to Mirage's consternation, I bowed my head slightly in attention to the unicorn steed. Ever she chided me on my lack of manners, my frank nature, and ever I shook my head and smiled, but did not truly care. Ivory forelock drifted into my eyes, and I shook my head to clear it, sweat marking long black trails upon my neck. "Rishima," I offered, after Mirage gave her own name. The scent was still confusing, but I had calmed now.

A flicker of movement, and the stallion changes. Dark eyes widen as his mane grew short, and his flesh melted away. I had seen nothing like this before, yet it was gone in an instant, a cloak not unlike my sister's drawn up around the boy. That would explain some of the strange smell, this magic; but what was meant by the transformation? Was the change a disguise, or was I witnessing the real stallion in that brief moment? I moved to step forward, lips parting to question the paint, but a motion from the young tiger caught my attention. Golden eyes stare into mine, and for a moment I am transfixed by the cat, and cannot look away, even as the words of the stallion seemed to emerge from his companion's gaping jaws. Curiosity, the need to understand these words... I blink, and have broken the spell, and look back at the stallion.

Dead, he has called himself, and suddenly something makes sense. Yet it makes no sense at all - the dead do not walk, do they? Could that moment of clarity be proof of death's touch upon this stallion? And if so, how did it come to pass? A hesitation, eyes drifted back to the tiger for a moment. I try to stop it, but it escapes, a dry tone forcing itself out of my mouth and into the still air. "You look quite good for one who is dead." I really ought to just let Mirage do the talking. She's far better at it than I.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Aureate pools reflected the happenings, missing very little, absorbing the important facts. The dragon in the trees above watched the situation with eyes that swirled a slow amber-red, a cautious hue, my scales itch, like that time we were in the Marsh, she stated curiously as she observed this strange unicorn. Silence enveloped the charcoal mare, her obedient soldiers standing erect atop her tiara, awaiting a reply from the steed. The scent of him was intriguing, though not in a way that made her want to take a deep breath of it.

His eyes seem to be unseeing, or perhaps hardened of sight, and just before his magic fails a moment, the mare deduces that a veil rests over him, hiding his true form; much like Mirage could hide her true self beneath her shimmering screen, or harden her expression to become unreadable. But then he shifts, his entire self seems to deflate slightly, a break in his defences as bones appear and mane disappears. But it is only for the span of a breath, a breath Mirage realises he rarely, if ever, takes. One of her breaths then, was all it lasted.

He speaks of death, of being dead, and suddenly the dragon’s observation of his state falls into place. She lifts a single brow, the only display of her surprise and curiosity, as her sister spoke words that were awkward, demonstrating that she was surprised also. It was a peculiar thing to note, that neither sister turned to run upon learning of this creature’s affliction. Mirage swivelled her ears, as if the motion rearranged some thoughts within her countenance. A delicate, careful smile crawled over her lips, and her honey-warmed voice made another utterance.

“I asked who you were, sir, not what -unless you consider them to be one and the same?” She was gentle in her chiding play, and despite it all, took a step forward, nearer to him and his striped comrade. As she performed the action, Akaith lightly floated from her perch above to land upon the smooth curvature of her bonded’s rump. Leaning over her side, she attempted to catch the gaze of the feline, tilting her little scaled crown as she did so, chirping a small draconic chirp all the while.

“You are dead and yet you stand, a tiger by your side, appearing to be the opposite of what you say.” The observations she had made were voiced, it seemed like she was merely stating the obvious, but really she was almost confirming with the stallion that this was the case, that her eyes had not lied to her. “Death is not something that can be undone.” The sisters knew, for if it could have been undone, surely their wishes for their parents to return to them would have been answered.

“Your name, steed, so that I might know what to call one who has cheated death.”