the Rift

Deliver Us! [Open]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Familiar scent, the aroma of my sister; my lip curled in a smile; of course she was here. Her curiosity was no less than my own, and this stallion with his great young cat presented a pillar of questions... but which questions, I was not sure. "Sister," I greeted the ebony mare now at my side, fondness in my eyes. Attention returned to the painted steed; a small snort emitted in response to Mirage's consternation, I bowed my head slightly in attention to the unicorn steed. Ever she chided me on my lack of manners, my frank nature, and ever I shook my head and smiled, but did not truly care. Ivory forelock drifted into my eyes, and I shook my head to clear it, sweat marking long black trails upon my neck. "Rishima," I offered, after Mirage gave her own name. The scent was still confusing, but I had calmed now.

A flicker of movement, and the stallion changes. Dark eyes widen as his mane grew short, and his flesh melted away. I had seen nothing like this before, yet it was gone in an instant, a cloak not unlike my sister's drawn up around the boy. That would explain some of the strange smell, this magic; but what was meant by the transformation? Was the change a disguise, or was I witnessing the real stallion in that brief moment? I moved to step forward, lips parting to question the paint, but a motion from the young tiger caught my attention. Golden eyes stare into mine, and for a moment I am transfixed by the cat, and cannot look away, even as the words of the stallion seemed to emerge from his companion's gaping jaws. Curiosity, the need to understand these words... I blink, and have broken the spell, and look back at the stallion.

Dead, he has called himself, and suddenly something makes sense. Yet it makes no sense at all - the dead do not walk, do they? Could that moment of clarity be proof of death's touch upon this stallion? And if so, how did it come to pass? A hesitation, eyes drifted back to the tiger for a moment. I try to stop it, but it escapes, a dry tone forcing itself out of my mouth and into the still air. "You look quite good for one who is dead." I really ought to just let Mirage do the talking. She's far better at it than I.

Messages In This Thread
Deliver Us! [Open] - by Prometheus - 06-17-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Rishima - 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Mirage - 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Prometheus - 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Rishima - 06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
RE: Deliver Us! [Open] - by Mirage - 06-22-2012, 06:12 PM