the Rift

[OPEN] in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet

Iscah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
What was this place?

Helovia.

The World’s Edge.

He had been told the names but what were names supposed to mean without a history, without knowledge? Nothing. This world, with all that was in it, was still a centerless gaping void. He was a centerless gaping void. For all his life he had been a vessel for the will of others, for the will of Gods, and now he was empty of their influence and just so fucking empty. In the seasons since he had arrived here the stallion had tried to scrape together his sense of self from nothing. Wants, memories, hopes, needs, fears, all the things that made up a person he had tried to pick out of thin air and build himself on no foundation except what he knew had been taken from him, what he had been taken from.

Without Naja he might have simply stopped existing, but she had pulled him into her orbit and given him a purpose and a name. Iscah Was that enough of a foundation? He kept trying to build, brick by brick but beyond the day to day functions of eating and sleeping and breathing he could not escape that feeling that everything he made was so horribly insubstantial.

It was worse when she was gone. He could not focus on her, the reassuring solidity of her need. With Naja he could be calm, because she needed calm; he could be strong be strong because she needed strength. Those rare moments, like now, when Iscah found himself alone he was faced with everything he lacked.

In the stillness of the the morning the indigo beast stood on his own, desperately trying to keep from being consumed by the sucking nothingness. Outwardly so tranquil, as always, he might have been sleeping, eyes closed and breathing evenly, Inside he was screaming, all he was a was trying to be calling out for some kind of peace, for surety of who in all the hells this Iscah was and was supposed to be.

For a moment, just a moment, the giant cracked. He let out a deep desperate growl and expelled some of the frustration, violence he might have done to his own flesh [such worthless, empty flesh] if he could. With a single jerking movement his body convulsed, sending a might bucking kick out behind him. Silver flints struck a thick tree behind him and the impact resounded through the snowy forrest with a mighty crack. Then the priest stilled once more, breathing deeply in the frosty air.

"."
Please give me time to decipher the signs
Please forgive me for time that I've wasted

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She felt she had no sense of purpose lately. Her mind searched aimlessly for something that she could hold onto, could make her feel like she was in the right direction, yet she always came up short. She was trying to be active for her herd, trying to bring new members in and to make new friends, yet it still was not satisfying to her. She felt these were things that each herd member must do, this was what was assigned to her as soon as she had reentered the lands she loved so much, not something that was an obligation. So she went about her day doing the tasks she felt she needed to do, then returned home to a lonely bed and no one to talk to. Vincent was an illusive creature that she was always searching for, so having him for company was a task she couldn't quite take on, and her precious Cerin had been gone since she had returned. She was sure he would have found her once he discovered she was back, but to no avail he was not anywhere to be seen. This made her sad, because they had been so close, and now he was a ghost of her past.

She swallowed, trying to keep back the tears that threatened to fall, shaking her head and looking ahead in stubborn determination. She was not going to keep crying. That's all she did it seemed when she felt there was nothing else she could do. Cerin wouldn't want to see her tears, in face he would have hated it, and she couldn't make him feel sad even if he wasn't here. She needed to be strong and push on, and crying certainly wasn't achieving that. Maybe she needed to let off some steam, perhaps take a brisk run to get her bloop pumping, or maybe kick a tree. No, Myrrine couldn't do that... kicking a tree would be so mean she felt. But running didn't sound like too bad of an idea. So with a soft sigh she hefted herself up from her resting place, hazel eyes searching for a good place to start before she broke into a full on run.

The icy air tickled her sides, leaving shivers along spotted spine and giving her the invigoration she was yearning for. She ran and ran through the thick pines until she thought her lungs would burst, sweat slicking her curvy bodice and cool puffs of air leaving her inky nostrils. Her wings fluttered delicately upon her back, showing the release of her emotions as she slowed to a brisk jot, and then a leisurely jog. It was enough to help her clear her mind, to give her a second view on things, and it was enough to satisfy the emptiness within her for a little longer. Just as she was about to return back to her little nest, a figure slightly ahead of her caught her attention. Pricking her ears she snorted, eyes of hazel searching calmly before she finally stepped forward, closing in on the blue bulk that was before her.

He was much taller than she, but still not nearly as big as her Vincent. His build was thick, strong and feathered like a typical draft, with beautiful designs of silver lacing his bodice and ram horns adorning his crown. He was a sight to behold, and soon a smile was gracing her lips. Perhaps she could make another friend today. As she was about to step closer, the man let out an aggressive growl, causing her to pause. Did she do something wrong? Did he want to be alone? Her ears drooped and she lowered her head, feeling guilty though she didn't know what she did, and was about to give him his space until his silver knives hit the bark of a tree. The motion caused her to start, a snort escaping her and ears pricking up once more to look at him. Head lifted and nostrils flared, before she finally settled and watched him, recalculating her thoughts. Perhaps he was upset with something else, and not her specifically. Maybe he just needed to let off some steam like she did. Though he had decided the tree kicking option.

After a moments pause she tentatively took a step forward, approaching him right the right and watching him curiously, eyes full of an innocence and warmth despite her uncertainty of who he was. When she was within pleasant conversation distance she halted on ink-dipped pistons, a smile finally gracing her pretty face as she called out kindly," It seems I'm not the only one who needs to let off some steam. I decided to run though instead of kicking trees... I feel like I would have hurt its feelings." She looked away shyly in slight embarrassment at her comment, but she was never one to lie. She smiled sheepishly at him before giggling softly, taking another step forward in hopes he would accept her conversational advances. Right now she wanted to talk, longed for some company to make her feel like she was worth something.

Maybe that was her setback; she didn't feel like she was worth anything. All she did was prance around happily and talk to people, bring some home or otherwise make new friends; how did that help contribute to her herd? She wanted so much more in her life; she wanted to accomplish great things, and yet she felt so held back. What qualities did she have that would make her an asset to everyone? Certainly nothing of importance from what she knew. The thought made her frown slightly to herself, but soon she was focusing back on her new companion to her left, that smile still on her spotted complexion as she spoke once again," I'm Myrrine by the way, it's a pleasure to meet you sir!" She smiled and laughed genuinely, letting the winter sunlight fall over them.

Suddenly a bright glimmer caught her eye, causing her to look to her left in the direction of the tree he had kicked, and there nestled in the broken knot was something very pretty. Her eyes widened and she grinned like a child discovering something amazing, taking a shy step towards it to further investigate it. Once she closed the gap, she noticed it was something of a beautiful gold, silky to the touch and glittery to boot. She gasped, grinning wildly and gently pulling it from its hiding spot with the utmost care. Once laid upon the ground thanks to her tender work it revealed to be a cloak, it translucent and shining in the winter sunlight. The sight was breathtaking, and the spotted girl was instantly in love. However, this was not her treasure to keep, and so looking to her fellow herd member she smiled, grabbing the cloth by the gold chain, moving closer to him and speaking with her mouth full.

" Look what you found! Isn't it beautiful? Let's see if it will fit you!" it was slightly muffled behind the obstruction in her mouth, but still clear enough to express her intent. In a slightly awkward motion due to the height difference, she managed to throw it around his shoulders and back, before finally clasping it onto his neck. Smiling with satisfaction she took a step back to admire the result, hoping that it was something he would truly enjoy. Except there were a few problems. Not only was it obviously much too small for him (it only went to about half of his back because of his thicker build and height), but it didn't look good on him... at all. The color was too bright for his indigo coat, and clashed greatly with his silver markings. The whole thing was a mess and the spotted girl had to try so hard not to start laughing at the sight.

She managed to refrain, and simply kept on that smile, speaking again with some hesitancy in her tone," It looks very... comfortable on you! I'm sure it will help block um, some of the cold anyway." She giggled sheepishly while looking into his silver eyes, pawing the ground as she didn't now how he was going to respond.

OOC: Geez word vomit. Permission from Laine to play dress up <3

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Iscah
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Iscah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As soon as his hoof hits the tree, the priest had knows that such worthless gestures would not come often from him again. There was a violence in it, and violence, even victimless, felt somehow wrong  flowing from him when it had no cause. It had been a hollow movement that had accomplished nothing and now he regretted it. Well, perhaps it had accomplished something… he discovered he had little taste for unprovoked violence, even more for worthless gestures. Both became notes he added to the running list in his brain: discoveries he had made regarding who he was, tiny building blocks in the identity he was trying to build.

The voice has him turning silver eyes on a young mare, and she is a strange sight indeed. He has seen the winged before but none like her, with stretched gossamer silks instead of feathers. Where he might have described his pristine Naja as an angel, this spotted little sprite had a decidedly pixie-ish quality. At her reference to his actions he turns his stoic face to frown slightly at the tree. Did trees have feelings in this realm? He couldn’t truly rule it out that possibility, but that had seemed quite ordinary arbors: living in their own way, but not conscious.

She flits forward, initiating the social dance that he still struggles daily in remembering the steps to; some of the pleasantries, the give and take are lost on his practical mind but they do not seem difficult and the stallion shoulders the begrudgingly for others seem to feel the need for them. He gives a nod, watching the little mare-child with wary eyes; these Helovians are still others still unknowns, but this cheerful thing at least seems sincere in her smiles. “I am Iscah.” He says simply, remembering that it is what she expects. Names still baffle him, the summation of a whole person in one word, but the one that Naja graced him with seems fitting: “the beholder”. He turns, as he would for his blind priestess, toward but not directly having the little mare, inviting her to approach without fear but to his surprise he is already moving.

Myrrine flutters, all gasps and excitement toward his previously victimized tree having seen what he did not. He watches her take from a broken knot a cloth of shimmering gold. She pulls it out, spreading it upon the ground and he bends his head to join her in the investigation. It’s an interesting object, and certainly an unexpected find from a gnarly old tree, but even Iscah cannot hep but appreciate the pleasant gleam in the sunlight.

She picked it up again and he pulls back to watch what she will do with a mild interest, being the constant observer the he is. That’s why he had convinced himself to come here in the first place. Interest with the people, learn about them… The girl mumbles over the gold chain in her mouth and her words cause him to raise an eyebrow. He would have thought that it was she who had found it bit before the stallion can say as much she is draping the cape about his shoulders.

All he can do for a moment it blink, stunned into awkward silence by the unexpected enrobing. She pulls back from fastening the clasp  with an expression that Iscah does not recombines is close to laughter and proclaims it to look “comfortable”. He turns his head to observe the strange sight of the pretty thing on his own back and glances between it and her several times before landing on a solution. His gruff expression breaks, and sends an indulgent grin in her direction. “Comfortable perhaps, Myrrine, but not so much as you would be, I think.” He reaches down to unclamps the golden chain and with a step forward and a gentle movement sweeps the cloth of gold from his shoulders and across hers. Though his size is considerable, his movements are careful and deliberate, and he fastenes the chain about her neck while carefully avoiding her delicate looking wings. He pulls back to look and nods in approval.  “There now. I would say it suites you better, and it was your eyes that spotted it after all.”

"."
@Myrrine 
Please give me time to decipher the signs
Please forgive me for time that I've wasted

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

Iscah. She liked that name. It was different like him in every way, and that was something she could always appreciate. When he seemed to realize that their new found treasure didn't really suit him, he moved it from his own back to hers, causing her eyes to go wide in surprise. It was so silky upon her back, smooth and comforting almost, as it glimmered in the winter sunshine and caused her wings to shine with it. Her mouth was open wide with a smile, so amazed by the view, and before she could even fight it she was in love. Yet... despite her desires she couldn't take it from him. He said it would be better for her, yet she didn't want to let him just give this too her. It was too beautiful of a gift to just accept! She began to shake her head, trying to form the words so as to explain why this shouldn't be hers," S-Sir Iscah... I surely can't. It was your kick that found it, even if I saw it. I just couldn't possibly..." Oh but it was so beautiful. The gold and the sparkles and gosh it just looked so darn cute on her!

She paused, looking up at him with those large innocent eyes, trying to figure out if he truly would be serious about this. She didn't want to take it from him just because it didn't look good on him, maybe there was a special someone he might want to give it to. She looked down once more at it, sighing and finally looking at him once again and speaking," Are you... Are you really sure Sir Iscah? Surely your special someone would love it to... I don't want to take something you found!" She was indignant, trying so hard to be fair despite the fact a selfish side of her was screaming at her to take it and run for the hills. She wanted to roll in it, to bask in it's sweet smell of honey and the sweet smooth feel of it upon her skin. She was daydreaming, like in a land of lollipops and gumdrops, before finally snapping herself out of it and paying close attention to him, making absolute certain that he was making the decision he thought was best.

OOC: I'm sorry it's so garbage...

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Iscah
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3