the Rift

:: Tiered Ranks? :: A Guided Discussion

Chan Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 17hh :: 25
Chan
Do you want a sneak system? Yes, but I don't think it should apply to only herd members/ranked characters.

How would you want to keep track of it?

I quite like the idea of creating a simplified buff system for stealth. Perhaps we could make a little note beside the hp and buffs in the battle stats under our avatars that record our stealth win percentage. My one concern here is that stealth is an acquired skill just like fighting and just because someone gives you a title it doesn't automatically mean that you are good at what you do. I'd like to see a system where your activity increases your odds of success. With the battle buff system you get rewarded for sparring - I think we should be similarly rewarded for doing stealthy stuff. :) This means outcast characters should have a shot at 'leveling up' too.

How do you think it should affect stealths? While I do enjoy the riddle system we have now, I think it can be improved a lot. We roll a dice in spars which influence our shot at winning - perhaps a similar system can be created where a part of your stealth is influenced by dice too.

Other thoughts or concerns: I'd love to see a system that includes outcasts as well. As you said Stealth is something that everyone can learn/do, and while someone who works with it on a daily basis ought to have an advantage (like the ranked warrior buffs in battle) I hope a new system won't exclude those not part of a herd. There should be pro's to being part of a herd, but I don't think we should punish those who find more enjoyment in running alone too much. :) I also think that a leveling system can be applied to all IC skills - including healing and crafting. Higher buff would create more durable items, more effective healing etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: :: Tiered Ranks? :: A Guided Discussion - by Chan - 03-31-2016, 10:49 AM