the Rift

[OPEN] Dream Catchers

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the happy ending depends, of course...
His muzzle retreated as her skin shuddered in shock beneath his touch. Bemused, he listened to her words, before eyes followed her up as she lurched unsteadily to her feet. He, himself, remained down as Mbwene still peacefully slumbered, curled between his massive legs against his barrel. His gaze was drawn the the uncertain flutter of her unique, butterfly wings as she hesitantly responded to his questions.

She didn’t know she had magic? Was that how magic worked in Helovia, always springing unexpectedly out from your body? His own magics had been that way— tightly entwined with his anger. And Myrrine’s… Myrrine’s was associated with her humming? Akin to the sweetness that softened her eyes and smoothed her face. The gentle happiness that fluttered her delicate wings… It would seem appropriate that her magic arose with humming, whilst his arose with flaming, demonic elephants.

He signed to himself, the darkness of his thoughts causing Mbwene to twitch and being to rouse from dreams that were turning dark. “I haven’t slept well in a long while— and never have I seen someone’s voice in my dreams. Regardless of if you’ve had magic in the past, it runs through your veins now,” his low rumble ended on a lopsided smile as his head craned back to watch her as she spoke. If not for the sweet confusion on her face, the Elephant King might have been jealous of her magical gift. To bring sleep and pleasant dreams to others, rather than rage and ruin? That was truly a gift.

But he could not be envious of Myrrine. And any darkness, in the wake of such memories and magic, had difficulty staying within his skull. “When you learn to control your magic so that it no longer fatigues you, I’d be indebted to enlist you for more dreams,” his grin grew to a smile,. “Or, if ever you need someone to practice on, I’ll be your test victim,” he winked in good humor.

...on when you end your story.
image | bckg

@Myrrine

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Dream Catchers - by Myrrine - 02-22-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: Dream Catchers - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
RE: Dream Catchers - by Myrrine - 03-12-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Dream Catchers - by Tembovu - 03-20-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Dream Catchers - by Myrrine - 03-20-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Dream Catchers - by Tembovu - 03-21-2016, 12:16 AM