the Rift

[OPEN] take a deep breath and start again

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
"And you as well," I replied with a tip of my head in the most courteous manner I could muster. I knew my manners, too. Sort of. Though if I had known of Lyanna's birthright, our inherent blood born royalty, I would have tried harder to prove myself of the title. 'Cause she was legit. I had ended up with it in a strange, sickening turn of events, leaving me rather inadequate about the entire ordeal that came with being a princess, and seldom acted the way that was probably expected of me (at least, to those who knew of my relation to Elsa—apparently it wasn't an obvious fact).

So I continued to act cordial at a bare minimum and cool in overdrive. I smiled when she asked about my smoky breath, exhaling another nebulous haze and nodding my head. Nearly everyone I met asked about it, my answer was usually underwhelming. But if Lyanna was of another herd I would be very tempted to tell her I swallowed a dragon and it was living in my lungs. "Sure, I don't mind. It's magic—I was born with it. All of my exhales are smoky. It doesn't do much," I paused, thinking of my magic, smirking at it's abilities. "Unless I want it to," I added, flicking my pale amber gaze to Lyanna mischievously. "It can make people go kind of crazy. What exactly goes on in their minds, I don't know, but it can't be pleasurable. I seldom use it like that," I stated with a shake of my head, for it was true, I didn't like seeing others in pain (most of the time).

I found myself smiling again, genuinely, for I rarely was true with that as of late. I too often smiled without meaning, but Lyanna was enjoyable to talk to. "It's not pathetic," I assured her, my gaze growing warm even in the chilling weather. "To begin with there's the whole glass wall thing. It's sort of falling apart. Then there's the little shelter we have, other than trees, yunno? I used to live in this other herd, the Hidden Falls, they had prisons there. The Throat has a lot of decorations, but I've only ever seen it on from the outside. Their wall is way more fortified than ours. We just don't have anything," I stated wistfully, eyes trailing to the ground. I hated to think of the other herds and what they had, because then I would think of the Falls and get sad.

I shook my head a little, dismissing any negative thoughts. "But we do have crafters—skilled ones. They're going to make all sorts of cool stuff for the herd. I don't know what exactly, but they've got this," I stated, sounding confident in my words, but feeling a bit uneasy about them. I wasn't even sure who the crafters were.

I put my faith in whoever they were, anyways, though, for everyone's sake.

wow I thought I didn't even have auri muse then I went to write this and well x)
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
take a deep breath and start again - by Lyanna - 02-24-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: take a deep breath and start again - by Auriel - 03-07-2016, 01:09 AM