the Rift

Drifter [open]

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: 2896539756_0a6f917f54_z.jpg?zz=1]

LOCKET

The rolling wind snapped and shivered, it ran wild with the sooty mane that curled in dramatic waves against frigid fur spiked a shade of flaming tangerine. The weather upped it's antics and spurred his gallop, split feet springing from the ground allowing his dusty legs to outstretch an inch further. Eyes the same colour as spring told stories of thrills with their white accents. A small part of his panda face. He looked like a pretty girl running hell for leather against the wilds, destination nowhere. Friends with no one. Locket never did care where his travels took him, there were some strange places in the world and he was sure the one he was about to race into was going to be no different. Would he settle? A little thought may be put into it but the avid better would punt him travelling on. He was a silly little vagabond after all.

Trees became thicker and scents of many others filled his nostrils as he slowed into a high action trot. Muscles rippling now in the shade, body built for stamina which he showed lots of. He wondered if this was a nation of giants too. Locket remembered that funny little land he travelled through with fondness but they had been too kind of heart to satisfy the curly male, and so he moved on. What kind of creatures were here? Were they nocturnal? Who cared. He'd sleep during the day if he had to, although it wouldn't be his chosen lifestyle. Locket looked through the wind swept branches and into the angry sky, wistfully wanting to challenge it to a race again. Begrudgingly his pace slowed to a eager walk and carried him further into the wood. In places like this, the steed knew it was only a matter of time before his unfamiliar scent would attract attention.

After wondering around for a while he brought himself to a halt and peered through the seeming never ending trees. Huffing loudly not caring who might hear his disapproval of having travelled so far to wait so long, those who did hear it better come running before Locket came to them. He sighed in annoyance and looked at a nearby tree, his face turning into one of exasperation. "How can you stand there and grow all day? I'm glad I wasn't born a tree." His voice was boyish and filled with flippant exclamation, the fact he just spoke to a tree did not bother him at all. He was a vagabond, who else was he supposed to talk to?

Locket talk :: L = R

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

a whisper in the night
the flash of dark wings
and those eyes
the black eyes of the eternal abyss of night

I wasn't finished with the Threshold. Not yet, anyways. After all, how could a queen be a queen without the followers? I would be queen. I would. That is why my hooves fell on the soft moss, my nostrils tasted the air, looking for the scent of horses. It was still a struggle to keep my identity- less, but still. The demons were waning in my mind, leaving, only a few insolent ones remaining. Those would be dead in a few days. Frostfall was the season of quiet reminiscing and memory-searching. Every year, I looked forward to this, in my brief moments of lucidity. Every year, a little more of my memory came back, returning to its home, a little stronger, a little brighter, a little more intensely. This year, the memories came in attacks. Savage grasps on my mind, images flashing before my pitiless black eyes. Glimpses of the cold land, where pegasi ruled and equines remained normal soldiers. Truly a land of war. I was not racist, but I did miss the ways I remembered. Fire crept into my limbs, and sparkling gems flashed before my eyes. Demons. Begone. I stopped, onyx hooves resting on frosted moss, like sugar on a cake. The crisp white snow had fallen thin here, under the shade of mighty trees. The demons raced inside the door, and eyes widened as I jerked sideways. Then they weakened, and immediately, I shook them off. They were gone for this season.

I broke into a brisk trot, wings rustling softly upon my silver back. That was how I came across a traveller, talking to a tree. But who was I to question, when in some seasons I was madder than a fox caught in a trap?

"Evening soldier." The words spilled from my grim lips. The words felt natural to a mind gripped by the past.

"blah blah blah."

LOCKET

; there's nothing worth remembering anymore.

The rustling trees and the scent of another alerted Locket to the approach of a grey mare with midnight wings. She seemed unruffled in her grim lipped manner and she spoke curtly offering no more than a simple acknowledgement. The mare identified him as a warrior and she more or less hit her mark in the first throw, being a drifter allowed him ample time to understand the art of battle. It was the best way to make friends, exchanging blows with another in a beautiful dance of lashing hooves and flashing teeth. His smoky cascade of thick hair blew between flame and ashen legs as he looked Svetlana up and down in an appreciating fashion.

"Ah! Such beautiful scenery in this land" he wasn't really noting the wood as his eyes twinkled at the mare. Maybe he would stay here for sometime if all mares were as pretty as her, his eyes finally averting as he moved away from his tree friend. Horn acutely curved and black like the mares wings with his panda face flashing as he took in breath to ask his usual questions.

"Could you perhaps help out a weary warrior tell me where I am and point me in the direction of food so I can rest?" His voice sounded wistful at the thought of a nights sleep on a belly full of grass. When one travelled like he did the simple pleasures of eating and sleeping became life's fundamentals and the most joyous things to experience. Of course he had to be careful where he ate, he'd lost count the amount of times he'd been chased out of a land for munching on someone else's territory without permission. Stealing was a vice of his.

Unregistered

a whisper in the night
the flash of dark wings
and those eyes

Of course. Another flirt. I shouldn't really be surprised- I was quite pretty, but I'm not vain in any way. The stallion himself is quite handsome as well. All rusty and aristocratic formed, with a curving horn. I find he's to my taste, but too many are. Evers... Saveliy... and now him. Of course. For a brief moment, I wonder of what Ricochet would think of me, recruiting one horse. One is not so bad. Just one. Then I'll be heading home, apologize, and simply say I had run into him... which I had. My wings, for a brief moment, bristled alarmingly, before they relaxed.

"There is not much grass for anyone, but I can offer you shelter and a home." I give him a rueful smile, this handsome traveler. "I'm Svetlana." Why shower him with names and titles when I can simply call myself something.

"blah blah blah."

LOCKET

Locket's hopes dropped a little at the thought of no food but soon brightened as Svetlana offered a shelter and... A home! The panda faced boy looked at the shimmering pegasus for a moment, thoughts contemplating the strange phenomenon of actually staying in a land for sometime. No one had ever come and offered him a home, most of the time he was being chased out of a herd for 'taking advantage' of resources. He smiled ruefully. Maybe this Svetlana might change her mind if he allowed his vagabond ways to take control. Stealing was a useful habit. The wind rustled the trees again, bringing the beginnings of snow with it and Locket wrinkled his nose at the thought of being caught in a snow storm. Air swirled around taking his cascades of curly hair with it. It more or less made his mind up for him.

"That's very kind of you, lovely Svetlana. My name is Locket." His name rolled off his tongue in a strange accent, his voice struggling with the 'L' sound and instead it sounded like he called himself 'Rocket'. The same difficulty came with the mares name, pronouncing it more like 'Vetlana'. Some letters were just hard. He gave her an appreciating smile, enjoying each accentuate. It was true he did believe the Unicorn was the mightiest race, though, he held no deep prejudices towards others without a horn. He never stayed in one place long enough to nurse such a hatred. Maybe Helovia would change this, for better or for worse.

"I hate snow. So... Where is this home of yours?" He wondered what it was like, this shelter. Was is ideal for penguins? If so Locket would not stay very long. Forest coloured pools watched Svetlana and waited for her next move.

Unregistered

a whisper in the night
the flash of dark wings
and those eyes

I study him a little closer. He reminds me of someone... but not quite anyone I had really known. A chilling wind blows, the first flakes of white snow falling. I hope he will make up his mind soon, for I have no wish to be land-stuck, white banks of snow filling my world until I'm drowning... I shake off the thoughts with a twist of my silver head, thrusting them away from me. Luckily, he replies soon enough. Lovely Svetlana. Locket. His name fits him, his rusted appearance and white-streaked face, his proud air. Most horses adapt to their names, or adapt their names to them. After all, have you heard of a villian named Tequila? No. It's Lucifer or Satan or a dark name they call themselves. An intriguing concept, true nonetheless.

At his questioning of where I live, my mind immediately flits to the Foothills', my home and my pride as well as joy. The beauty of the blue mountains, their flanks sturdy against the tug of the clouds and the roar of the wind. The frozen stream and the pools it makes, the trees dappling the rolling hills that seem to flow in waves forever. The thermals that lift and give my wings a break, the downdrafts that spend me spiralling down, down, down, towards the bone-breaking earth. The golden eye that watches over us, or the white one that breathes out in the night, sending rays of silver washing over us.

"Well, Locket, I, or perhaps one day 'we', live in the Windtossed Foothills, to the north of here. It has a large herd, but it's a large homeland. Unless you wish to cut our throats in the night, I'm sure you'll fit in well." My voice, although sarcastic, holds a touch of a warning. Only a blind fool would allow an unknown horse into their land.

"blah blah blah."

LOCKET

A low chuckle rolled off his tongue at Svetlana's unspoken question. She was wise and although Locket had a tendency to side with his own species, his need to always move forward often challenged that idea to the point where he was undecided whether his race truly was superior to all. It was this indecision that drove him to linger in Helovia, to voice his want to live in the Foothill's and understand the ways of others. He'd never lived in a herd. He didn't know how to live in a herd. It was exciting and frighting, would he get too attached? Would the door that was always open for escape close on him. Locket had always thought a herd like a cage, were no freedom could be found and one must abide by strict ruling. Well, strict compared to the life of a vagabond. However, this pegasus femme offered a 'home' which in Locket's eyes held an entirely different meaning.

The panda boy returned her sarcasm with a sweet smile. "I'm not the type to kill needlessly, I would enter your herd with an open mind, I've never been apart of a herd before. Nor ever had a home." His strange vocals told Svetlana with honest admittance, flicking his curly tail. A thought entered his mind and after quick consideration he voiced it in the open, hoping the mare before him would be able to tell him what he needed.

"I would be honoured to serve your land. I am used to the wild and relying on my wits, I hope my rugged warrior ways will be of use." Each word was genuine. Curious. How did a land function with multiple species? He wanted to know, to understand. Maybe they could change his mind.

[ooc; I think this is near finished. If possible, could he join the Foothills as a warrior?]