the Rift

[OPEN] Uncharted

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
I had heard of it—the whispers of lands unknown to the soil I was born to, the home that bled magic into my soul and screamed my name whenever I crept too far from it's epicenter. I had heard the whispers, the tales of dead Gods and unfamiliar boundaries.

And I sought them out.

This was my home. I felt entitled to every clump of dirt and slow rolling stream within it because I was born here, goddammit. I flew on the winds of betrayal, pained by my Gods' casual ushering in of new sands, but also by my own incompetence. I should have been there for them. But I wasn't—so I felt mostly betrayed and only a little bit ashamed (my absence was out of my control, or so I told myself).

When I spotted it, the tumultuous tides and menacing rocks, a covetous swell overtook my senses. I tucked my dark wings close to my side, landing amongst the swirls of coral and currents. I aimlessly wandered the uncomfortably warm, wet region, brow furrowed, a decisive frown upon my pale lips. I had grown accustomed to the subtle chill that beckoned me each morning in the Edge. The smoldering grip of this land was unsettling.

But I found the creatures lurking in the shadows to be even more unsettling. He caught my eye as a wisp, an apparition I first brushed off as unreal. But the palette of his coat—the black and blue, it painted a familiar picture in my mind, awakening dulled memories.

I whirled around to face him properly, smiling as I remembered the boy I had known so long ago in such a different time. But as my pale amber pools soaked in his image, the syllables of the boy's name become lodged in my throat, strangulated by the realization slowly sinking within me. "I—I thought you were someone else," I fumble, a plume of smoke following the gentle lyrics. I said nothing more, only roaming my eyes over the creature, suspecting a relation.

@Deimos hope you don't mind auir popping in ^^;
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Uncharted - by Deimos - 02-28-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Uncharted - by Auriel - 02-29-2016, 02:17 AM
RE: Uncharted - by Raeden - 03-01-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: Uncharted - by Deimos - 03-06-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Uncharted - by Auriel - 03-22-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Uncharted - by Raeden - 03-22-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Uncharted - by Deimos - 03-27-2016, 09:10 AM