the Rift

[PRIVATE] Everybody Learns from Disaster

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

It was a hard thing to see him recoil from her. Meg slid to a swift halt as he spoke, stopped at his plea because he seemed to desperate for her to come no closer. She was not afraid but would not dare refuse a request made in such a way. Perhaps they hadn’t known each other very long, but common ground that they had reached had quickly etched Mesec a place in Meg’s heart next to some of her closet friends. But now, to see him scramble back at her approach like he was afraid of her was a thorn pressed slowly into her heart; to hear his voice crack was nails on a chalkboard. The worst of is was that he would not seem too look her. Like a child some quiet pitying thought whispered in her mind, like a boy who has been struck by someone he trusted.

“Gaucho and Ampere… and their children.” Meg hoped to never again feel the cold stab of fear that pierced her at those words. She stilled, suddenly sever in the grip of fear that Mesec night be confessing; Her eyes seemed to grown as they widened—black pools of terror— and not a breath passed her lips. Children… Children?! her mouth wanted to scream the word but she clamped down upon it. No… on. this was Mesec and Mesec was not the Beast…. It’s not his fault wouldn’t be his fault!

Gaucho and Ampere she could not believe to be fallen but for several long heartbeats it seemed she might have to face the possibility that he had, in his wolfish form, killed the two innocent fillies. It’s not his fault. but could she really come to accept that? And what if it had been her own children? How could that blood ever be washed clean? She had forgiven Gaucho in an instant but would she have if her mentor had taken the lives of her own children? Could she forgive Mesec? Her eyes drifted to the point where Lucius drew out a drop his bonded’s blood…

Child’s blood… Demigod’s blood…. Could one pay for the other? Should it?

It was Gwaihir who cried now, pinching at Meg’s withers with long and lethal talons. He was appalled at the place Megaera’s mind had drifted too and knew she would be as well if she hadn’t been to afraid of what Mesec would say next.

”…they’re all okay…” Meg felt the breath she had been holding rush out of her, the death of all those horrible possibilities that she had dared to contemplate. Her eyes slid closed to hold back thankful tears for as soon as she had though herself bound she had been freed—freed from taking her friends fate into her own hands.

She opened them again to find the silver eyes (two pairs of them) begging her for help and that alone was enough to steel her resolve. What was she worth without her friends and family? She had always needed to be needed, always found her worth in what she could be and do and give for those she loved. It was Mesec’s need that made her strong, her doubt that solidified her surety.

“Easy, my friend. I am here for you.” She spoke slowly, calmly, trying to sooth the beast that threatened to break her friends spirit. She tested a step forward, just one, as her right wing unfolded and extended  inch inch towards his shoulder. She was ready to move, ready to act if he changed and ready to stop if he pulled away. “You have done nothing you cannot come back from, and I will not be the one to let you give up on yourself. You will come home, but first, we will go to the Veins of the Gods.” It was not a question, nor did it sound like a demand. She spoke as if it was just a simple fact, something they had planned all along. Upon her back the eagle fed her his stoic resolve, and that was enough to keep her reaching wing from trembling. “We will go to the Sun God, to all of them… They will have answers at the very least, and perhaps that will be able to help. If they set you task I will do what it in my power to help you concur this. Please Mesec, come to the Veins with me.”  Please Mesec, let me help you.

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Mesec - 02-28-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Megaera - 03-22-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Mesec - 03-25-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Megaera - 04-03-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Everybody Learns from Disaster - by Mesec - 04-12-2016, 07:05 PM