[JUDGED] Unfinished Business
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

"Where worlds collide, blood divides
When darkness falls, fate calls"
Ophelia dug her cloven hooves into the ground as Tinek’s chilling breath swam over her body, rending her refreshed for her final push. Strange, two colored eyes darted back to see Thranduil’s magic backfire, but she still uttered no cry of pleasure or vengeance at his pain. As far as she was concerned, this had gone on long enough and emotions had very little to do with the beat down they were laying on each other. Whatever pent-up hatred lay between then was seeping out too far, and she shoved her way into his head, doing what she knew best: stealing memories.

With some forethought, she shoved her memory erasing magic into one of her final sun amulets, knowing that the battle she wanted to wage now was internal and not external. If she could give herself time to escape his physical retaliation, she could do more harm ripping through his head than she could with her battered body. Tinek lowered his silver form in front of her and flapped, and his menacing red eyes tracked the golden devil with a hatred surging through his hot dragon’s blood. How Ophelia could not feel the same, he did not know, but right now he was seething.

The sound of his voice was grating and pathetic, and she smiled radiantly in response to his words, ripping through his head memory by memory. His words, meant to harm, rolled off of her without touching her healthy heart. He may be in the ruins of love, but she was guarded by hers. The affections she felt for Torleik and the knowledge that he loved her in return was her greatest shield, and nothing could break through the bond she had forged with that hairy, devilish stallion.Her body was shaking with pain and she felt her heart start to beat heavily. Why, she didn’t know, but it was getting thunderous.

“You think yourself better, do you?” she whispered almost lovingly in tone. “Love is strength. Love is power. Love is knowing who you wake up to in the morning and knowing that you will never be alone again.” The pressure in her chest was hard, sweat flowing over the curves of her body. Must be magic… Tinek growled and exhaled frost to her body, simultaneously cooling her down and trying to force her heart to beat more slowly.

Her earthly vision left her then, but she didn’t care. She was far too concerned with his very memories. There, she saw the culmination of his lies in a single being: Hotaru. How interesting this development between the girl she had thought of highly when she was queen of the Basin and this wretched, gilded creature before her now. Hotaru deserved better, but the heart did not consider logic very often. She could feel her body growing weak even as she watched, unable to control the heavy beating of her heart.

“You lie to yourself as easily as you lie to me. Hotaru offers her affections and offers her heart to you. She is willing to take even a wretch like you beneath the tender care of her words and love, and yet here you are, denying your own heart,” she whispered in his mind. Ophelia ripped off the sun amulet, casting it in his direction and scrambling backward, still blind. She wanted out of his reach and hoped to erase her position again to ensure her safety as she continued to focus on his mind. “You say love is blind? But you are the one who is not seeing. How afraid you are to give yourself over to another, maybe because you have nothing left to give but fragments, nothing whole.”

The blindness was starting to fade, and she circled him in pain. “I thought the same, Thranduil – that giving my shattered heart to another was a burden and a curse, but I was wrong. Loving isn’t weakness; it’s strength. Spew your words at me, but they will not hurt. Call me names, but I know you are wrong. Torleik by my side is my strength, and right now? You are the weak one. Weak because you cannot speak your feelings to the one creature in this universe who wants you as you are…”

Ophelia shifted now, threatening. “So tell me, Thranduil… do you want me to rip her from your head entirely? Or will you face the truth?” The Amaranthine stood with her elegant jaw lifted high, shoulders square and even despite the pain of her shattered body causing her worked muscles to shake. Torleik then swooped down, exhaling a breath of static, intent on either shocking him into reality or keeping him from physically lashing out at his already damaged bonded.

------------
(3/3) (792 words in word)
- The heart magic causes her sweat and pain
- takes the blunt of his blinding magic through almost the entire post
- searches his mind and uses the memories Hawk gave me permission to see in the last post
- uses her SUN AMULET with her memory removing magic to erase her position and hide her so she can focus on his brains
- Tinek tries to shock him at the end of the post

I hope this helps your plotting, hawk!!! D: And good fight. Thank you for your patience ;-;

Also Ashamin has 2 heart magics (both of them spark), so I chose the first on the list because I didn't know which one you had D:

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Unfinished Business - by Thranduil - 02-29-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Ophelia - 03-20-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Thranduil - 04-11-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Ophelia - 05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Thranduil - 05-06-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Ophelia - 05-19-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Thranduil - 06-04-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Unfinished Business - by Official - 07-23-2016, 10:52 PM