the Rift

[PRIVATE] but she loves you so

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mbwene
Unbelieving eyes of striking blue look at him, and the pained smile on her face caught him off guard (not that he had much guard left, after his arduous and mentally taxing walk from the Labyrinth). Ears flicked forward, dark eyes carefully studying the ice-shrouded woman. Ice to his fire, a complement in both magic and reign.

Perhaps it was that realization, that her ice might provide some semblance of protection from him; or the pain that laced beneath her usually strong features; or the mental exhaustion from continually repeating the scenes in the Forest; or the cold loneliness that imposed so heavily on him. Most likely it was all these things. Regardless, he only took a half-step backwards, away from Elsa’s sudden advance, to try and protect her from the very chest she curled into.

But it was futile, for the moment her silken, white skin made contact with his thick hide, he took the half-step back forward into her embrace. Corded neck twitched one from exhaustion, but it still enveloped her slender neck and withers, muzzle burying into her mane. Barrel expanded once, nostrils flaring to take her scent, but the comfort he found in it was short-lived as her quiet plea pierced it.

“I should,” his rumble was quiet, raspy from smoke, “I—I am not safe.” The obvious contradiction of his words, as he tightened his hold on Elsa, was not lost on him. But, in the face of bringing happiness to someone he cared so deeply for (rather than ravage and ruin), he could not let her go. “I wanted, needed, to be alone. I thought I was— but Mauja was there and—” navy eyes shut, focusing on the sating feel of her hide beneath his, “— and I burned him,” the confession was a whisper, barely heard and easily missed.

Mbwene, both curious and relieved as some of the despair the billowed through their bond mitigated as this white woman came close to her Elephant, turned her tried but interested eyes towards Edgar. She trumpeted a brassy greeting, infant ears waving a hello. The bird was so cold, so much different than the birds she had seen on the journey here. Properly intrigued, she followed the zephyr’s urgings away from the embracing couple.
@Elsa <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
but she loves you so - by Elsa - 03-01-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Tembovu - 03-01-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Elsa - 03-01-2016, 10:12 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Elsa - 03-02-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Elsa - 03-08-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: but she loves you so - by Tembovu - 03-12-2016, 02:07 AM
RE: but she loves you so - by Elsa - 03-12-2016, 03:31 PM