the Rift

[OPEN] the waves of the sea

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
She is alone, but then again, she’s always been alone. Syrena chose to wander, not to stay with her sisters. What a fool. If she’d simply stayed with her sisters as she should have, she’d have her powers still. She’d be a siren still, content in the ocean’s waves. But no. Oh, no, she took after her mother. Wandering and roaming until she made the mistake of crossing into Helovia. And here she would rot, stuck in this mortal body, stuck being nothing at all.

Smile girl. Smiles turn you into something.

Somehow, he manages to smile around her. Somehow, he agrees to walk with her. The once monster that would have dragged someone like him to their death. But no more. She is rather tame now, certainly safe to be around. Awkward, yes. Polite conversation is clearly not her forte. Safe though. Safe, awkward conversation. It could be worse.

They make their way along the sands slowly, waves still lapping at her feet, her skin swirling from blue and green back to gray, again and again, a lava lamp of colors. His comment about the sirens strikes her for a moment. They were not lonely (all except her, anyway). The sisters all lived together, feeding off men’s souls in order to keep living. To stay together, for as long as their lives could run.

But she keeps her mouth shut, thinking it better at this point to let the subject drop. Thankfully, he takes the bait, steering the conversation away from the sirens. She resists the urge to glance at the sea, as if she might see them there. Instead, she keeps her ears perked his way, gaze drifting from the beach in front of them and the stallion beside her. Trying her best to look polite and normal and kind.

She might be failing. It’s hard for her to say. But at least he hasn’t run away yet.

“Well, welcome to Helovia then,” she says, managing to insert some feeling into her otherwise deadpan voice. It’s the best she can do. “It’s a good place for starting over, escaping pasts.” She adds, keeping the bitterness out of her voice. Perk of having little emotion in your voice, the bitterness and anger don’t come through. Because she sure as hell knows just how far over this place makes you start. No damn choice.

“I’ve been here for a few years now, and have lived on and off in the Hidden Falls. It’s quite lovely, I admit, though I’ve always preferred the sea.” She’s terrible at staying put, and she keeps coming and going from the Falls. Though she plans to stay this time. It’s the only way to make something of herself. Stay. She just has to stay.

"words"
[ooc: no worries! I was on vacation anyway]

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Lotherarius

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
the waves of the sea - by Syrena - 03-02-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: the waves of the sea - by Lotherarius - 03-08-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: the waves of the sea - by Syrena - 03-14-2016, 08:34 AM