the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wounds more than Skin Deep

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
There was sympathy in her gaze, softening it, for a moment before that fever-hoarse voice continued. Before he brought up Mauja. In an instant she was steel again, her green eyes narrowing. She hoped that was just the fever talking, that he was delirious. “Are you really blaming Mauja for what you did?! YOU burned him. Anyone could have approached you that night. What if I had found you first? Or my daughter? Would it have been our fault too?” Luck had prevented someone else from being in Mauja’s place, as far as she knew. She didn’t know if the former Queen had provoked Tembovu at all but from his words now, she suspected that the blame laid solely with the one before her. She wasn’t in the habit of blaming victims for what happened to them. “Don’t blame others for not having your demons in control.”

The venom in her mind woke Hemlock from his nap, questions sent through their bond that she ignored so he made his way toward the cliffs, circling around the pair and ready to intervene if required.

She took a step forward instinctively when he wobbled and caught himself - grunting in pain - and she felt her heart restrict at the sight of the yellow pus flowing from the wound at the impact. She was gathering the healing mists, ready to heal him, though they were stalled by his next words.

Heal yourself, first.

She snorted at his command, his challenge, shaking her head as the anger returned. This wasn’t supposed to be a debate. The calm she had felt moments ago had evaporated but far from feeling cold with the absence Alysanne felt that hot wave of anger - an emotion she still didn’t understand. “Why? Why would you ask that? My wounds are NOTHING compared to yours, Tembovu! It doesn’t matter how much pain I am in, it is secondary to yours!” Her voice rose until she was shouting at him, hoping to break through that fever and make him see sense. “You’re two minutes away from collapsing, I could live forever with this sprain. It’s nothing.” Although there was certainly a fair bit of stubbornness going into her refusal she also thought this deal was foolish. She’d have the sprain for no more than another moon cycle and she didn’t even use her wings anyway.

Tembovu’s life was at stake if he let the infection spread. Their injuries were not comparable.

Alysanne wouldn’t be bullied into being told how to do her job, even by her king. She straightened her up, taking another step toward him, her green eyes blazing. He may have a fair bit of height on her but the Moon Doctor did not feel small in that moment. “Let me heal you or I’ll just wait until you pass out from fever and do it then. It shouldn’t be long now.”

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-12-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-12-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-16-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-16-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-17-2016, 12:17 AM