the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wounds more than Skin Deep

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Angry words were bubbling within her already, her own thunder in response to his own - fueled by the fear that he was sowing in her. Those demons had almost gotten Mauja killed, what else was he hiding? But no matter how afraid she was she wasn’t budging - anger and a growing hatred for the stallion front of her. How dare he assume to be king of her herd with such a volatile temper, with such dangers lurking between his skin? But just as she was ready to cut him off, to throw more angry words at him, something happened she was not expecting.

He was starting to shift right before her eyes. His body bulged, his skin changed,  into something so similar to the little creature that was following him around but larger. One of Alysanne’s rear legs started to move but she stilled herself. Willing him, daring him, to hurt her - green eyes rimmed with white terror as she waited for it, waited to be burned.

But he didn’t. Whatever demon this was, Tembovu mastered it - returning to his normal size and appearance as she flung her disgust over his command to heal herself first. The less-elephant like appearance was not exactly an improvement but she wasn’t sure she was ready to meet that particular demon today, whatever she said.

As she had advanced on him, so he had moved toward her. Keeping her black head held high, she let him be the one to move his horn away so it would not touch her, green eyes locked on his deep blue. She hated being this close to him, hated the sensation of his breath being close enough to stir the hairs on her muzzle with each treacherous word he spoke. Hated the not entirely unpleasant chill this proximity sent through her. But hated most of all the fear his presence stirred in her, not only a fear he would harm her - that he would harm others after stepping over her and she would be helpless to stop him.

If only she was as successful at controlling her racing heart as she was at stopping her legs from trembling.

Please allow me that.

“No.” The anger wasn't burning white-hot anymore but it would not leave. She was thankful for it - uncertain as to whether she would have cowered in front of him without it.

Was that what he wanted? For her to be submissive? If so, he has chosen the wrong topic to fight her on. Rooted to her spot as if she was a part of the forest to her back. How could she respect a king that sowed such fear in her? It was a little late for him to concern himself about being a good and just king. “You do not get to decide when and where you place the wellbeing of this herd above yourself. It is always, Tembovu. Whatever your personal demons, whatever the inconvenient timing of a herd member in interrupting your god damn solitude. You don't have the luxury of being weak anymore, you have an entire herd depending on you to protect them - not roast them whenever you are having a bad day! You are our king and you need to act like it!”

Fury subsided into exasperation as she continued, refusing so much to look away from him for even a moment. “I may not be queen but I am no less concerned with the well being of this herd than you are. I am a Doctor, Tembovu. I would not ignore my own wounds if it was not safe to do so.” Well, probably not anyway. Any serious wounds on her own part would only hinder her ability to heal others, after all.

“Let me heal you.” She was determined that he would not win against her today, doing her best to make those four hissed words sound more encouraging than venomous. It would have been more convincing if her green eyes still weren't blazing as she looked up at him... wondering just where this intense stubbornness was coming from. But she had never quite been tested like this before.

Hemlock cheerfully offered the idea that all she needed to do was strike out at Tembovu’s injured leg and he’d likely go down. Tempting as it was, she wasn't to the point where causing more harm was an appropriate solution.

Soon, but not yet.

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Tembovu

TEMB GOT ALY TO (kinda) SWEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-12-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-12-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-16-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-16-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-17-2016, 12:17 AM