the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wounds more than Skin Deep

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The Doctor had not been not wrong— he was moments away from succumbing to the fever. His great haunches ached to fold, massive muscles exhausted from their fight against this infection. So he stumbled backwards a few steps; partly to move himself away from the hatred and fear that billowed from her gaze but mostly to remain standing. Unfortunately, it seemed they were futile steps on both accounts, for he did not think Alysanne’s contempt would abate with this meager distance, nor did he remain upright. It was his front leg that gave way beneath the consumption of sepsis. His good, left knee trembled once, twice— before buckling and crashing to the ground; his injured right leg stretched straight before his genuflecting body as Alysanne stood rooted and proud before him, spewing furious words and denying his plea request. Putrid pus burst from his knee as it extended before him, widening the wound and eliciting a wince from his now-impassive face.

Navy eyes stare up, finally clearing in the brief moments his body surrendered to the infection, as the black and white beauty called him “weak”— accused him of not acting like a King. “I may not be queen but I am no less concerned with the well being of this herd than you are. I am a Doctor, Tembovu.” He was, for once, below the mare, no longer at his proud height above her. It mirrored the condescension and exasperation in her tone. A labored breath (it was hard to breath in his bowing state, let alone while ravaged with fever) blasted from his nostrils, and then hoarse words resounded from his barrel, “I might mistake you for an Executioner rather than a Doctor, so quick are you to judge.”

“Let me heal you.” The edges of his vision clouded for a moment, before a harsh, roaring short forced the blackness away. Cobalt eyes, which had never left the mare’s burning green, finally fell to the injured knee stretched out before him. His massive horn, edges and tip so sharp, were close to the seeping suppuration— his great neck bowed once in a shallow nod, pale muzzle and dark lips brushing against the snow as his mighty head lost dignity. But, on a quiet and feverish rumble, he was not robbed of his kingly right to know, “Why are you healing me, Alysanne? Why, if you think so little of me?” Though he wished to know the answer, speaking is was kept his fevered mind here, in the present, rather than drifting into blackness. Dull, navy eyes raise once more to her burning green; a King bowed before a Doctor.

Tembovu
the Elephant King

@Alysanne have my dramatic post.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-08-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Wounds more than Skin Deep - by Tembovu - 03-12-2016, 12:57 AM