the Rift

Seeking Safety {Open, Joining}

Wanyecha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wanyecha
"if ten million fireflies lit up the world as I fell asleep"

Giggles pierced the sky as small filly danced among the crisp air. Her squeals of joy were accompanied by nothing but the screams of the birds above her. She tossed her small head and giggled once more. Her glee could not be contained within her small body and so she danced. Unbeknownst to the small filly, she had crossed into a herd land. She paused momentarily, as if she had noticed, but with a careless shrug she resumed her gleeful giggles and dancing.

"Hello, tree!" Her laughter continued as she spoke to the inanimate object. "I heard the most marvelous story the other day. There were two stallions arguing..." Her story trailed off as she pricked up her ears and flared her nostrils. There was something wrong with the tree. It wasn't listening to her, not correctly. She turned away from it, her brow contorted with confusion. Why did they never return her conversations?

She turned away from the tree. It did not please her. Certainly there was someone she could listen to. She hadn't heard any stories in such a long time.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
"A marvellous story you say?!"

His voice pierced through the air as he watched the young ones antics before him, face cheerful as he walked over. The Diplomat had been on his routine walk through the herd land, keeping himself amused as time passed by. It was her small and playful squeals that alerted him to her presence and now there he stood. Intrigued how one with still so much youth had travelled her way here with no guide. An impressive feat indeed.

He walked steadily forwards not wanting to frighten the young girl, hooves caressing the frosty surface making them wet and the ground squelch. The movement took him around the tree she so desperately wanted to talk back, and he stood to its side. Posture relaxed, his blue toned body glimmering in the cold winter sun and the breezy winds ruffling thicker fur.

Evers noted the splotches of gold on her pelt, with the gilded hooves and a growing slender horn. She was of the same species as he, it was a rare thing to find one uncorrupted and taken with the ways of one species to rule them all. Of course, she was too young to have been corrupted and Evers found himself smiling at the young filly with a blind eye.

"May I ask your name youngling? I'm Evers."

Unregistered

Wanyecha

Gasping, the young mare turned to face the stallion. He had appeared as if out of nowhere, surprising her. This was unexpected, as she was typically in tune with her surroundings. She eyed the stallion, sniffed the air and determined that he was no threat with the trusting logic of youth.

"Oh many stories! I know so many, the winds whisper them to me, and the grass...oh and all the trees!" Her voice pitches and falls in heady excitement. It has been so long without a companion that a new ear to talk off strikes her fancy, "But I can't say them, not to anyone, they're," her voice drops to a whisper, "secrets..." She is momentarily distracted by the thought of the secrets that she has and for a moment she pays no attention to the stallion, that is until he forces her attention to return to him.

"Wanyecha!" she responds, her voice girlish and pitching again, "it means firefly, I think." Remembering her manners she adds, "How are you...Evers?"

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers chuckled at her youthful exuberance shown through the tones in her voice. It seemed like she wanted to say everything at once with not enough breath to say it. There was one time Evers must of been like that but for some reason his memories didn't stretch that far back. He imagined his mother would not of been tolerant of what she would perceive as mindless gibberish. The chief found sweet and made him slightly jealous he could never remember his youth. Maybe it was best he didn't remember, who knew what would be hidden there.

"That's a lot of secrets to keep little firefly." His eyes watched her fondly as she enquired after his health on an after thought. It had been a while since he'd had a simple friendly conversation where there was nothing important being discussed. Unintentionally this little filly had filled him with a momentary relief from stress and laying his mind to a much awaited rest. "I am well child. Did you travel here alone?"

His voice held tones of concern as he leant his head down to catch a nagging inch on his leg, thin mane falling forwards as he did so. The action accentuated his more skeleton like areas, his tendency to not feed himself very apparent on his body.

Unregistered

Wanyecha

The little mare is captivated by the larger unicorn, for it has been so long since she has spoken so freely with a big horse. Usually they shush her and send her on her way, if they talk to her at all. She's noticed that many of them look away from her, as if they don't want to see the cream and pale gold filly.

"It is, but I like them," the little filly nodded, absently, thinking of the secrets she knew. She liked knowing. It gave her a nice feeling inside. "My second mom told me of a place where I would be accepted...even though I was a vile abomination. She said here was where I should go...that this place took all types."" The little filly mused on what her second mother had called her, she hardly knew what it meant, just that it was bad.

"You are very skinny, Evers!" the little filly shrieked when she noted the stallion's bones.