the Rift

in the very back of your mind

Himalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The snow crunched, squeaking faintly to her left. Her ears flicked, head snapping toward him in a way that came off nearly feline-esque (though completely unintentional, what with the too-sharp of hearing and all). Back home, she’d heard whispers of supremely unique variants of their species, herself having only ever witnessed the single-horned messengers who visited her father. Never before had she seen another unicorn with such formidable…antlers. For a second, her eyes were glued to them, to him; that bolt-like slash on his breast and his overall stature nearly overwhelming. She felt like a baby, utterly overstimulated by all of this newness and magic—but only for a moment.

“Oh…thank you, definitely a bit chilly,” she sighed politely, unable to avert such a gesture even if she’d liked. Her face tilted up toward his own, and she smiled gently, comfortably buried within this cloak of his. It smelled of the wood, like warm oak and sweet sap and earth, something that immediately comforted her. “Quite interesting timing to be traveling on my own, I know,” she said, self-deprecation slightly evident in her voice. They all knew no one made solitary treks in winter, and the obviousness of the fact that she likely had no choice to do so was something that made her stomach stir uncomfortably. However, she hid this quite well with the unusually polite demeanor that was beaming right out of her little body.

“Tilney,” a soft smile, “I’m Himalia. Thank you, really, for the warm welcome—and I do mean that quite literally,” she laughed. “A nurse, you say? The World’s Edge?” her eyes flitted around their current scenery situation, deducing that there were no edges in sight (just snow and trees, so many trees). “Must be a bit far from here, no?”

@Tilney Thank you! I ended up changing it, I'm not used to HTML on this type of forum so some tweaking had to be done ;)

Messages In This Thread
in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-03-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Tilney - 03-03-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-04-2016, 09:35 AM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Tilney - 03-04-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: in the very back of your mind - by Himalia - 03-05-2016, 06:34 PM