the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take heed, dear traveller...

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
His heart aced as the poor fawn struggled and writhed upon the ground. He watched with growing dismay as it's eyes rolled in pure fear. He hummed gently trying his best to calm the poor babe. He was sure the young deer would not understand his words, but a calm voice might sooth it's panic. Pain clenched his belly and heart as it slipped in it's own blood. Tears fought to break loose, how could anything be so cruel. Injuring a baby just to let it run, to chase it down and eventually end it's pain. That said, he knew all animals must survive, and some did so on meat. Even the dreaded wolf usually caught and killed it's prey as swiftly as possible, so what did this?

Even as he speaks and steps forward the creature stills. By the wary gaze and heaving sides the stallion can't be sure the fawn as accepted him or used the last of it's strength. He watches the tiny creature sadly expecting it to jump up and run at any second. Silver eyes do not miss the way it's eyes jump to his horn while he offers his tender muzzle. "Shhh, I will not harm you. I do not eat meat anyway." He smiled softly and hoped his mouth to show his flat teeth. "I am like you sweet fawn." He is careful yo keep his words and gentle coo. He couldn't help the way his lips lifted as the small animal so slowly lifted it's nose to his own.

Then the sound of a running creature drew him away. Ilios spin fast as a viper teeth bared ready to defend the poor babe. Fire burned in his heart as his wings popped open ready shielding the wounded fawn. When the figure crashed through the brush he relaxed instantly. Ears pricked curiously before one slid back towards the fawn. Her eyes were wide as the moon, fear evident in every line of her body. Without thinking he stepped towards her. Was she hurt as well? "Lani." He cooed softly as she slid under his wing. "It's ok Lani, I'll protect you." He smiled softly down at her and tried to nuzzle her shoulder gently.

Fear was something the stallion hadn't felt, for himself, in a very very long time. He was a protector, one that would lay his life down for any and all innocent creatures. He watched her colors change swiftly to red, he assumed that meant anger. Red is what he always saw when he was mad, so why shouldn't she be red as well? "I know, I'm mad too." He nodded as she looked at him then the fawn. "Be slow with him, he's terrified." He moved slowly closer to the small creature. He was trembling once more, scared of Lani, he guessed anyway.  He stepped towards the fawn as it turned to leave. "Come on Lani, I wont be happy until this poor thing is safe." He glanced back at her worry on his handsome face. "How about you go ahead of me, I'll protect our backs." He smiled softly and gestured for her to follow the deer.
Talk
Words;; 529
OOC/Tags;; @Xolani I'll tell Shady when you reply <3
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Messages In This Thread
Take heed, dear traveller... - by NPC - 03-04-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: Take heed, dear traveller... - by Ilios - 04-15-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Take heed, dear traveller... - by Xolani - 04-18-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: Take heed, dear traveller... - by NPC - 05-03-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Take heed, dear traveller... - by Ilios - 05-25-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: Take heed, dear traveller... - by Xolani - 06-17-2016, 10:02 PM