the Rift

A New Regime [Herd Elections and Meeting]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Paladin watched the few that arrived on the scene and his expression in a grimace. The stallion was at a loss to inspire many of these individuals. Did not they care who lead them into their future? Were they content to wallow into the abyss of normality and lethargy? He took note of all of the votes for the equine lead, interested in the fact that the choice was very close.

The crimson and shadowed stallion waited for a few more moments, time passing slowly and quietly. Breath moved past his lips in rhythmic puffs of white smoke, obscuring his face for seconds at a time. Crimson eyes sought out the tall, dark stallion who had fought well on the battle field, and Paladin nodded his head to the warrior. Regardless of the outcome, Archibald would always be held in high esteem by the Valiant. "By the majority, Ricochet is the equine leader of the Foothills," he said evenly.

Paladin offered a kind, apologetic expression to Archibald and moved to stand near his side, his words audible by only the massive, dark stallion. "Do not let this setback dim your spirits. You are a fine warrior." The stallion then moved to face the new lead trio, nodding his head in respect once more. "Congratulations to you three. May you lead well, honorably and peaceably among the Foothills. May your diplomacy and tactics be unmatched and your fairness be unwavering."

The stallion's weariness began to show through on his once so young and handsome visage. Now, ebony was covered in scars, and his crimson orbs seemed as ancient as the world. "I will continue to serve equality. If you require my assistance, I will come to your aide. Until then, lead with honor."

Paladin was dying to know how this would all turn out, and he would watch with interest.

PLEASE GIVE YOUR LEGEND TITLES TO THE ADMIN ON THE UPDATE BOARD!

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

Ricochet
image by Annadriel @ flickr.com</style>

The time seemed to drag by in seasons rather than flashes of sunlight through the sky. The near tie of the voting had Ricochet shifting his wait with impatient anticipation, eyes constantly glancing towards the dark draft that rallied against him. He remembered the promise that stallion had showed in the last meeting, eyes glinting with a strong interest for the warrior's rank Smoke held for a night. Ricochet had thought the fellow misguided to partake of Paladin so quickly, and ambitious to target Smoke so heedlessly, but now he was foolish to try and take the lead from Ricochet.

The Incendiary knew he would never make an ally of this steed that bit at the apple of power without first eating his grass.

What proved most interesting in this affair was not the loss of love Ricochet felt, he'd truly expected nothing less, but to find the support he'd never know to be there. That gave Ricochet more power than anything else could have, so he smiled.

He smiled the smug, content smile of one that is victorious even before the battle has ended, simply because they find victory in the act of battle itself.

As each voice lent itself, a sorely low amount if Ricochet was counting accurately, he was left to accept the tarnished crown that Paladin passed to him. In this one moment Ricochet could bow his head to that horned abomination.

"I appreciate the opportunity to bring glory and strength to this herd, and that so many of you consider me worthy." Ricochet was amiable in his voice and genuine with his words. He nodded to all of them, looking last at Paladin. "The other leads and I will convene and structure ourselves. This is sure to be a new era."

a gun in your hand don't make you a man